Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• Don't say that! Someone will get an idea and run with it!

My mind runs sick - VCH jewelry in food.
  • beethery said:
    How on earth would you get melted chocolate and gooey, caramelized marshmallow out of all the nooks and crannies of that ring? Just icky. And worse - the waste of perfectly delightful junk food by a filthy ring.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, people need to stop putting their rings in food. OR, why stop at rings? Put your dirty fuckin' earring, POST-FIRST into a cupcake! Then eat the cupcake, see if I care! Take your bracelet off and lay it on the spaghetti, rad. Take your bellybutton ring and put it in a can of beer, go nuts!

I may or may not have made myself throw up in my mouth a little.
    People need to stop putting their rings in ANYTHING. Food, shoes, baseball mitts, actual baseballs, balanced atop a fence post at sunset with the bride's silhouette shot through the ring - NO!

• beethery said:
    People need to stop putting their rings in ANYTHING. Food, shoes, baseball mitts, actual baseballs, balanced atop a fence post at sunset with the bride's silhouette shot through the ring - NO!
    Lmao the silhouette through the ring comes off very 'brandy glass' to me. I'm trying to find a picture example. 

I just remember that the parents of my bff when I was a kid, they had a picture on top of the tv that was of them looking to the side wistfully, superimposed into a brandy glass with a big rose laying underneath. Dark background. I think they really could've rounded out the theme by having it painted on black velvet but whatever. Maybe I'm gauche for thinking it needed velvet.

OMG I FOUND SOMETHING LIKE IT:

I like this one a lot though, the baby is like WTF IS HAPPENING??

Shit, maybe I'll bring that back for my STD's. That style is just... delightful.
    DYING!

• beethery said:
    Lmao the silhouette through the ring comes off very 'brandy glass' to me. I'm trying to find a picture example. 

I just remember that the parents of my bff when I was a kid, they had a picture on top of the tv that was of them looking to the side wistfully, superimposed into a brandy glass with a big rose laying underneath. Dark background. I think they really could've rounded out the theme by having it painted on black velvet but whatever. Maybe I'm gauche for thinking it needed velvet.

Shit, maybe I'll bring that back for my STD's. That style is just... delightful.
    So at first I thought the pictures were printed ONTO the brandy glasses. So while you're knocking back a few you can look at a delightful family picture.

I'm not sure if the reality of what it is makes more or less sense.
  • beethery said:

It is official, I need that glass. I can't imagine any one not liking that as a wedding favor. My fiancé and I would look fabulous in an 80's glam shot. I don't have a baby, but I do have a kitten.
  • Lmao I WISH, WISH WISH WISH, they would actually print your picture on the glass. I'm sure you could get that nowadays. Wouldn't that be a HILARIOUS bachelorette party favor? 

Back in ye olden days, you got that exact image printed out, put in a textured goldtone frame, and you put it on top of your wood-veneer TV set in the den. I knew multiple families with prints like that, but the one my childhood bff's parents had stuck with me the most.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    Lmao I WISH, WISH WISH WISH, they would actually print your picture on the glass. I'm sure you could get that nowadays. Wouldn't that be a HILARIOUS bachelorette party favor? 

Back in ye olden days, you got that exact image printed out, put in a textured goldtone frame, and you put it on top of your wood-veneer TV set in the den. I knew multiple families with prints like that, but the one my childhood bff's parents had stuck with me the most.
    It would just make me sad to constantly see a picture of a brandy glass and be reminded of all the brandy I wasn't drinking out of it.

The caption was "Funny engagement announcement!" no. No. No. No. No. NO!! I showed my friend and she said "That's actually really sad. Like that makes me feel sad. Like I need an anti-depressant and some Disney movies sad". 
  • MagicInk said:

The caption was "Funny engagement announcement!" no. No. No. No. No. NO!! I showed my friend and she said "That's actually really sad. Like that makes me feel sad. Like I need an anti-depressant and some Disney movies sad". 
    Uuuuugh no

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

Feathers... dipped in glitter...
  • Now trending on Pinterest
    What the crap is this? Good grief, people are lazy!
  • hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2014
    I found a pin for free STD printables and a woman commented saying she was just going to save the image and upload it to her wedding's FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE. WTF.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Saw one to play only your HS favs to get everyone on the dance floor. The flea brain coworker thinks it's a best idea to be a requirement.

Thankfully DF, BM and MOH were in to pick me up.

Coworker "Seriously, you need to add that. Everyone will love it."

Me "Ok. Prince when he wasn't Prince. NIN in the drug years. Marilyn Manson."

Brother/BM "River, they're still in the drug years."

Me "That's why I qualified NIN, not Manson. And Rammstein."

SIL/MOH does intake of breath

DF "Oh Lord."

SIL "Rammstein in the silver hair days!"

Me "YES! And the ass lions!"

And I no longer wonder why my coworker thinks I'm weird. I admitted to listening to Prince.
  • I found a pin for free STD printables and a woman commented saying she was just going to save the image and upload it to her wedding's FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE. WTF.

OH MY FUCKING... BUT... LIKE....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo

STD ON FACEBOOK. NO NO NO NO NO. NO FOREVER.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @hellokellybean I love your use of the Bob's Burgers GIF. They aren't used nearly enough on the boards and it makes me sad.
  • beethery said:

TRUE STORY. There is a picture very very similar to this in my parents' wedding album. My mom rolls her eyes at it constantly (it was my dad's "contribution" and her compromise)
  • I might photoshop one of our wedding photos into a setup like that. I'm not going to put it in an album or anything, but I might print it up and stick it on the wall above my monitor. Shit like that is good for chuckles.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @ckel24 My Bob's Burgers obsession is crazy. I will have to start utilizing more of their gifs on here.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    @ckel24 My Bob's Burgers obsession is crazy. I will have to start utilizing more of their gifs on here.

I hated the show for the first few episodes but there was one that I watched that won me over. FI and I are now obsessed as well. I think another binge session is warranted for tonight.
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Oh god no.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I would've sent something like that to ONLY my 2 bffs, but just with SHIT JUST GOT REAL, I AM ENGAGED. In a text message. That's it. Real STD? No.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• FI and I were playing around with the invitation suite I was designing, and were joking about/considering including on our RSVP card the options of "accept..." "decline..." and "please remove me from this mailing list." 

We figured our friends would get a slight kick out of it, but others on the guest list might be like, "...what?" and we always like to err on the side of "We're probably not as funny as we think we are." I think this STD falls into that category.
    I would laugh uproariously if I received an invitation with that option on the RSVP card.  But sadly not everyone has the same impeccable sense of humor.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That or "unsubscribe" would make me laugh, but I agree - you have to know your crowd.
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Did you know that you should have your friends compete to make the best play doh penis at the bachelorette? Yeah, me either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• KGold80 said:
    Did you know that you should have your friends compete to make the best play doh penis at the bachelorette? Yeah, me either.
    The penis on the far left is broken. 
  • OM G where's the eye bleach!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards