Chit Chat

Monday Annoyances

- The fact that TK seems to think it's funny to put a hot button thread in their weekly newsletters. Ain't nobody got time for special snowflakes on a Monday.

- All of our computers got updated to a new server over the weekend and now my Outlook is all wonky. And I can't find where my shit is printing to any longer.

- If my co-worker next to me clips her nails ONE more time at work, I'm going to rage. Clipping your nails at work is not okay, ever!

/endrant

Anyone else got any?

Re: Monday Annoyances

• Where are the snowflakes??

I have a co-worker that lies. He makes things up and lies to the owner. And he has BO. 
  • The co-worker next to me is eating dry cereal (I think) from a paper cup and each time he goes to dump a handful into his hand he has to shake the cup for a good 30 seconds.  It sounds like he is playing the maracas.

Oh and I love it when I am on a teleconference and that is the time when my usually quiet office mates decide to have a full blown conversation across the cubes.

• Found the snowflakes. 
  • @ClimbingBrideNY check out the Reception Board...should be fairly obvious once you're there ;)
  • My new neighbor is doing some sort of construction that involves a lot of saws. Not that big of a deal but they started at 7. So no sleeping in for me today, maybe tomorrow. I hope so because I have to go back to work in Wednesday.
  • I second your first annoyance. WTF, TK?! Ain't nobody got time for this crap on a Monday.

I had to do maths this morning, which I always dislike, and it was first thing Monday morning, too.

One of the people in an office near mine was being a drama-llama this morning, and that was an annoyance. She's been caught out in not doing her job well, so she knows she's on the firing block, and now she's trying to make the rest of us look bad, which isn't working, but which is annoying.

The DRE at my parish couldn't be bothered to tell us YESTERDAY (the final day of religious ed classes) to clean out our classrooms, but sent an e-mail today telling us, 'Oh, btw, the classrooms are getting painted in two weeks, so you need to have everything off the walls or it's getting chucked.'

Uhm...OK. That would have been nice to know yesterday.

I'm grumpy.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

I have a co-worker that lies. He makes things up and lies to the owner. And he has BO
    Ewww!!  I would probably buy a few things of deodorant and leave them anonomously on his desk.

• @HisGirlFriday13 Maths on a Monday should be illegal.
  • I am currently annoyed that our HOA does not warn us when they intend to clean the gutters. I really, really do not enjoy waking up to loud thunks, to find dudes on ladders outside my bedroom window.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    I am currently annoyed that our HOA does not warn us when they intend to clean the gutters. I really, really do not enjoy waking up to loud thunks, to find dudes on ladders outside my bedroom window.
    I can't say that I would enjoy dudes on ladders outside my bedroom window either. What if you sleep naked?! Not cool, HOA.

I have a co-worker that lies. He makes things up and lies to the owner. And he has BO
    Ewww!!  I would probably buy a few things of deodorant and leave them anonomously on his desk.
    It's bad. The stench freaking LINGERS. 10 minutes after he walks away, I can still smell it. Vom. 
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    - Huge zit appearing on my chin today. GOODIE

- Requested a meeting with a faculty member last week on Thursday. Friday morning, he replied asking to meet today. Friday afternoon, I replied with a suggested meeting time. No response. Still no response. I'll be emailing him tomorrow; I need to get this grade fixed, like, yesterday

- My results from a massive set of experiments last week are really ... just weird enough that I need to redo everything. Hooray

- Closest Starbuck to my building is closed all summer for renovations. The one a little farther away is only open for 3 hours a day during the summer. The next closest coffee place is overpriced and their coffee is mediocre on a good day
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira you reminded me of another annoyance. Came in this morning to find our coffee machine broken. It's now 3:30 pm and it's still not fixed. $20 says tomorrow it's still broken and I will forget to grab coffee beforehand. I would suggest a sit-in at the Starbucks that's only open 3 hours a day.
  • ckel24 said:
    Inkdancer said:
    I am currently annoyed that our HOA does not warn us when they intend to clean the gutters. I really, really do not enjoy waking up to loud thunks, to find dudes on ladders outside my bedroom window.
    I can't say that I would enjoy dudes on ladders outside my bedroom window either. What if you sleep naked?! Not cool, HOA.
    I usually do. Fortunately I fell asleep in FI's t-shirt last night.
    eyeroll
  • ckel24 said:

- The fact that TK seems to think it's funny to put a hot button thread in their weekly newsletters. Ain't nobody got time for special snowflakes on a Monday.

- All of our computers got updated to a new server over the weekend and now my Outlook is all wonky. And I can't find where my shit is printing to any longer.

- If my co-worker next to me clips her nails ONE more time at work, I'm going to rage. Clipping your nails at work is not okay, ever!

/endrant

Anyone else got any?

SERIOUSLY! I have chronic nail clippers in my office (at least two of them). They clip their freaking nails WEEKLY.

Also, I have been without coffee for 3 days (to cut out the sugar I usually put in it) and it's not working out...I may have to at least switch to black. :(

• I want it to be Thursday afternoon already.  We close on the new house at 1:00 and then I don't have to work until Tuesday.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • sarah1551 said:
    ckel24 said:

/endrant

Anyone else got any?

SERIOUSLY! I have chronic nail clippers in my office (at least two of them). They clip their freaking nails WEEKLY.

Also, I have been without coffee for 3 days (to cut out the sugar I usually put in it) and it's not working out...I may have to at least switch to black. :(
    Oh this chick does it daily. Multiple times a day. I'm going to poke her in the eye with her nail clippers next time she does it.
  • sarah1551 said:
    ckel24 said:

/endrant

Anyone else got any?

I wonder how the nail clipper in my office grows her nails so fast. She clips her nails on a DAILY BASIS. Is she just clipping one at a time and being really meticulous? Maybe she takes large doses of biotin... who knows... it's just not ok. 
  • Today, I'm annoyed at life. And I'm supper annoyed at the PMS that is triggering my annoyance at life. I peeked in the damn gap thread and nearly had an aneurism. My patience level today can't tolerate such ridiculousness. Is it Friday yet???
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Almost half of my class did not have their research notes done that were due on Thursday. They had over a week to do them and were given time in class. The parents got text reminders and it was in the kids' planners every day last week. I sent home note organizer sheets, printed off articles, and even CHECKED OUT BOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY FOR THEM! Kind of difficult to start the project today, which made me quite grumpy!
  • I need chocolate. Badly.

I checked out the office candy jar and filled it with fancy protein bars. I should feel grateful that they care about our health but I wanted the frickin' Snickers!

• I have a dull throbbing headache..it might be from my contacts... Idk..but it hurts...and im cold..and I have two hours left and not really any work left to do.
    Anniversary
  • LadyMillilLadyMillil member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    - It's a holiday here but I had to drive to work to plate my cells so I could finish my 5 day experiment on Friday instead of taking today off and working Saturday - DH invited his friends over to play a super long board game. They take up all of our tiny apartment. He forgot that it was a holiday and I would be home 7 hours earlier than normal. - I currently have Nanaimo bars, Costco chocolate lovers cookies, kettle corn and birthday cake in my kitchen (Thanks DH) and I want to eat all of it - Since it is a long weekend the travel agent was closed all weekend so we couldn't book our honeymoon ETA: WTH with paragraphs?

Anniversary
  • - It's a holiday here but I had to drive to work to plate my cells so I could finish my 5 day experiment on Friday instead of taking today off and working Saturday - DH invited his friends over to play a super long board game. They take up all of our tiny apartment. He forgot that it was a holiday and I would be home 7 hours earlier than normal. - I currently have Nanaimo bars, Costco chocolate lovers cookies, kettle corn and birthday cake in my kitchen (Thanks DH) and I want to eat all of it - Since it is a long weekend the travel agent was closed all weekend so we couldn't book our honeymoon ETA: WTH with paragraphs?
    mmmm...kettle corn
    Anniversary
  • This is my 14th consecutive night working 12s, and I swear the guy in the cube next to me doesn't know how to eat with his mouth closed. I can hear each and every chew. And he also exclaims how good it is by going "oh" and "mmm" in between bites.. He also slurps his drink like it's a million degrees and talk incessentaly to himself! Help :(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We have an auto repair shop on three sides of our building. I cannot escape the noise. Our bedroom, bathroom, and office back on to their "storage" lot (where the cars waiting for repairs are parked). The guys are basically playing Tetris all day with these clunkers. Our kitchen and living room back on to their workshop, which is obviously the noisiest part of their operation. The only room that isn't directly in contact with some part of their lot is the spare room, which is currently piled high with boxes and unused appliances.

And on Sunday morning at 12.35, they brought in a wreck. And had to reshuffle the entire lot to fit it in. Yelling loudly at each other the entire time. And they haven't oiled the gate for the yard in two centuries, it sounds like.

I just keep reminding myself that this is temporary, that we're going to find another apartment soon, and we only have to stay here 6 months, a year at most.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Holy shit!  The gap thread!  I was gone all day today and saw 481 new posts!!!  I think I'm going to sit on the sidelines for this one.  I just can't.

Today was a first-world problem kind of day.  We went to the "graduation ball" for my law school.  BTO, which was annoying.  The party started at 10pm, but the tickets were expensive and included dinner, which was served at 11pm.  Then the DJ sucked.  I mean sucked.  Like, leaving big gaps of dead air in between songs, and playing a big string of songs with awkward not-slow-but-not-really-fast-either beats.  I sort of felt cheated out of my ticket price.  They spent the whole budget on a beautiful venue and didn't really focus on hosting/ music.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• DF wants to know why they are snowflakes. They only think they're original, but they are actually little clones of "it's MY day, I get what I want and everyone worship me" behavior.

I said because pretentious bitches doesn't roll off the keyboard as well.

He still thinks it's wrong because they aren't unique.

I'm not sharing my banana and strawberry dip things or my chocolate peanut butter poptarts, at least until he admits I'm right here.

In fact, I may make a sandwich of poptarts with chocolate covered bananas and strawberries. That's a healthy breakfast, right? Peanut butter for protein and fruit is healthy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards