Getting in Shape

Accountability Partner(s) for any January 2015 weddings

Hey guys, 

I kinda stumbled upon this section of the wedding boards and thought this accountability idea is great. My wedding is in January 2015 and would love to lose at least 10 lbs, but a little more would be ideal. I'm really bad at doing this dieting stuff by myself so a partner would be great. If your wedding is before or after January that's totally fine too, I want to maintain my weight and not just lose it after the wedding.

I can make a facebook group if we have a number of people joining. Or if any of you guys already have a group, I would love to join :)

Re: Accountability Partner(s) for any January 2015 weddings

• I'm getting married in January 2015 and I would love an accountability partner!

I'm using the myfitnesspal app to monitor what I eat and the Fitbit to monitor activity. My goal is to lose 50 lbs. 

Let me know!
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey guys! I'm glad you guys want to be partners! I'll send you a direct message with my email and maybe we can work out a plan!
  • I am getting married in Dec 2014 and would like to lose 15 to 20 lbs. I would love to have others to help keep me accountable .
  • Well, I ate lunch at A&W today and blew all my calories for the day on one meal! I probably could have used someone over my shoulder while I was ordering but damn...that chili cheese dog and fries was really good! Ok...ok...the Polar Swirl Nutter Butter was great too!!

I promise. I will do better. I got it out of my system now.
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • haha that's alright, we all have our days when we kinda lose it. It's ok though, You've been doing really well so far! Keep it up!

Hey Athena! I sent you a direct message, if you want to join us in our little fitness group we would love for you to be a part of it!
  • I'm using MyFitnessPal and Fitbit. I log everything I eat into MFP and my exercise goes into FB. These two talk to each other so there is no double entry for me.  

I'm down 10 and going for 40 more pounds by January. 
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsstatic2b and I are both using fitbit. It's pretty much an advanced pedometer that wirelessly connects to an app. If you use the fitbit and myfitnesspal together you get a good look of how many calories you lose and can eat. I just got mine last week and it's been working really well for me (and motivates more to move).

I have the fitbit zip which is $50 on amazon but the wrist band is $100. it's a lot but i think it's a good investment.
  • I have the Fitbit Flex which is the wristband and it was $100.

I've been really happy with it and wouldn't hesitate to buy it all over again. 

I'm not good at following videos because I have zero coordination so I basically just look like I'm standing there having a seizure. I have a treadmill that has workouts on it and I can change the incline. I've been walking on it every night. I change up the workouts though. Tonight I did a 30 minute calorie blast because I'm starving and need to finish my workout before I eat otherwise I won't do it afterwards. 
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm Dec. '14, too...room for one more?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Mrsmorales2be, there's still room! just email me at LA.DTLA@gmail.com and we'll get you started!
  • I'm going to a step class tonight.  
    I've allowed a co-worker to talk me into it. I felt better after she said she falls down almost every time. 
    She's in pretty good shape and coordinated so I'm not so nervous about myself falling down now. 
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you all using my fitness pal in addition to fit bit? I would be interested to join for MFP - I have the app already and have used it before to lose weight. My wedding is Jan 2015 and I need to get my butt in gear! Can't believe it's less than 6 months!
  • I am although I have to admit that I've been really lazy the whole month of July and haven't been putting in my meals. That being said...I would LOVE to get back into it and using that app again. PM me your details and I will attempt to figure out how to friend you.
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards