Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Party Meeting Questionnaire

I'm having a dinner party for my girls this weekend to "ask" them to be my bridesmaids. I thought it would be fun to have some kind of game or questionnaire to break the ice between all of them, and help them get to know each other better. I can only seem to find the cliche bridal shower games. Any suggestions??

Re: Bridal Party Meeting Questionnaire

• I'm having a dinner party for my girls this weekend to "ask" them to be my bridesmaids. I thought it would be fun to have some kind of game or questionnaire to break the ice between all of them, and help them get to know each other better. I can only seem to find the cliche bridal shower games. Any suggestions??

I'm going to give you advice you don't like.

I strongly advise against asking them together. That makes it really hard if someone has to turn you down (for whatever reason). These are your best friends right? If nothing else, they deserve a private moment with you while you ask.

Also, don't force a get to know you activity; that's awkward. Friendships should be organic, not forced. Why not just schedule a fun weekend activity for IF they want to attend? Also, they don't need to be friends or love each other. I've been a bridesmaid in a couple weddings where I was really only friends with the bride. It's no biggie. I chatted casually with everyone, showed up to the wedding, and then hung out with FI at the reception. They don't need to be friends.
  • Please rethink this plan for all the reasons PDKH listed.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Holy awkward batman!  Listen to PDKH, please!

• 3 of them already know, 2 of them don't. Would you recommend I ask the 2 privately, before the dinner? One is my fiance's sister, so she doesn't really have a choice. haha. THANK YOU for the advice!
  • Hey, FI's sister could still say no if you two aren't that close. 

I'd ask them well before the dinner, that way if one does turn you down, she doesn't show up at a bridesmaid dinner while not being a bridesmaid. I know it probably doesn't seem likely that they'll turn you down, but being prepared doesn't hurt. 

Send a card or make a phone call. 
  • 3 of them already know, 2 of them don't. Would you recommend I ask the 2 privately, before the dinner? One is my fiance's sister, so she doesn't really have a choice. haha. THANK YOU for the advice!

Um, what? Poor girl. She definitely has a choice and she (and the other) should definitely be asked privately. I'm confused, if you have already asked them why are you having a party to ask them?
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I was put on the spot once by being asked to be a bridesmaid for a very good friend of mine. She asked me in front of all the other girls who had already said yes. The wedding was international. I was struggling to pay my bills at the time. I said yes in the moment since everyone was so excited and I felt really uncomfortable saying no because I was put on the spot. I had to talk to the bride alone at a later date to explain that I may not be able to be a bridesmaid after all. Please ask them privately.
  • I would hate to be asked to be a bridesmaid in the presence of others...particularly if there is a possibility that I might have to say no.  And I wouldn't want to witness another person feeling pressured into agreeing to be a bridesmaid because of my presence.  Ask everyone you want to ask in private.

There's no reason you can't hold a party and introduce the people you want to ask to each other, but skip any icebreakers and don't try to force socializing.  Sometimes people can get along with each other, but even if they all have a common friend, they just don't click together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards