Chit Chat

Just got FB wedding invite - another update

LadyMillilLadyMillil member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited May 2014 in Chit Chat
I don't think I need to add anything else, but other details you will enjoy: Wedding is in September Registry info on the FB page Attire dictated You need to put in a special request if you want a chair at the ceremony, you will only get a chair if you have a legitimate medical reason to require a chair 3.5 hour gap No parking at ceremony site Time of ceremony and ceremony location will change depending on weather At least the event is by invite only so it wasn't shared with everybody on FB WTH with paragraphs Update - I just talked to MOB (aka my mom) and she said no way in hell will there be no chairs. She doesn't care if this interferes with the "wedding vision", but she will be making sure that there are enough chairs for every guest.

Anniversary

Re: Just got FB wedding invite - another update

• Eeek!!! The chair thing really takes the cake.

image   image   image

• Before I start responding with gifs, how long is the ceremony going to be? Just for more info.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Mutual friend showed me exH's wedding invite, was in a state park, be prepared to pay entrance fee and bring your own lawn chair. I asked are you going, her answer...hell no.
  • Can I bring my own chair, or do I need a Dr.'s note for that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • APDSS22APDSS22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Please tell me you declined.
  • I was at a ceremony once where it was standing room only, except for Grandma, she got a lawn chair. However it was 8 minutes from the time she walked down the aisle until she walked out (the bride, not Grandma), so I didn't get fatigued. And by aisle, I mean the space the two groups of family left open. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What in the....!?!?!?

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Aray82Aray82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    What if being without a chair for the entire ceremony makes me really pissy? Is that a legitimate medical issue?
  • Medical reason for needing a chair: If I, and all of the other guests are not provided with chairs like normal people, you will have a medical reason for needing stitches, a tranfusion, or an MRI. DUMMIES.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I'm not sure if a paper invite will follow at the 6-8 week mark. Everything else is info from the FB event page or that I've heard from the MOB. The MOB just happens to be my mom, which means that this train wreck is my sister's wedding. I really don't want to attend. Any time I've tried to suggest something like renting chairs or doing the majority of pictures before the ceremony to my sister I get a "you're trying to ruin my wedding. you're jealous your husband took so long to propose when my FI proposed after only 2 years". She also doesn't listen to what mom says. Having chairs for people with medical reasons is actually a compromise. 

The ceremony should last about 20 minutes. It may be a "fake" ceremony because the officiant is not currently licensed to legally marry people. Instead of finding a new officiant for the wedding day, their plan is to get married at the RD.

Anniversary
  • I have often thought Evil Chipmunk must be a long lost daughter of mine. I love Evil Chipmunk
  • @kmmssg its almost possible- the nurses at the hospital where I was born tried to switch me with another baby. On two separate occasions.

I shit you not.
  • LadyMillil said: The MOB just happens to be my mom, which means that this train wreck is my sister's wedding. 
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have the perfect gift suggestion for this wedding:

imageimage

You can use it during the ceremony and gift it to them when you're done with it.

SIB

Maire, evil chipmunk wishes to know if gifting it means whapping them in the heads with it

• People are supposed to park along the sides of the road, which has no shoulders, and walk on the road or grass to get there, as there are no sidewalks. Did I mention that this is in the middle of nowhere, so there aren't any restaurants or bars to kill time at during the gap. DH suggested I bring a lawn chair with built in cup holder and a beer for my ceremony chair.

Anniversary
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I don't think I need to add anything else, but other details you will enjoy: Wedding is in September Registry info on the FB page Attire dictated You need to put in a special request if you want a chair at the ceremony, you will only get a chair if you have a legitimate medical reason to require a chair 3.5 hour gap No parking at ceremony site Time of ceremony and ceremony location will change depending on weather At least the event is by invite only so it wasn't shared with everybody on FB WTH with paragraphs
  • What is wrong with people? How does anybody think that's ok? 

Just because you're planning a wedding doesn't mean you get to stop being a considerate human being.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @zitiqueen‌ the only downside I see to that is bride and groom may then attempt to bully OP into giving them the money as an extra wedding gift
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Woooow. We did initially start off with a facebook thing because we had a lot of OOTers and wanted to get an idea of who would be able to make it. It pretty much took the place of STDs but we did just send out paper invites. 

The chair thing omgggg. This sounds like pretty much the shittiest shit show to grace the boards yet. I love zitiqueen's suggestion. I would also love to know who shows up to this shit show. 
  • @kmmssg its almost possible- the nurses at the hospital where I was born tried to switch me with another baby. On two separate occasions. I shit you not.

That is starting to explain a lot here......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards