Let's talk cake toppers

Saw this on Etsy. I have no words.

Sensual Funny theme custom wedding cake topper gift keepsake

What's the worst you've seen?

Re: Let's talk cake toppers

• OH MY GOD, NO.
  • Rebl90Rebl90 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper

Because nothing says "love" like a bullet in the butt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ashley8918 you win. Those are awful!!
  • Now we did consider one where the groom is grabbing the bride's butt, because H does that a lot. From the front it's demure enough, and in the back he's touching over the dress. It was cute. But we didn't get it. We opted for no cake topper. Seemed a waste of 30 bucks.
  • @NavyBlue143 I'm close to ditching the cake topper...I just can't justify spending the money on something like that.
  • ckel24 said:
    @ashley8918 you win. Those are awful!!
    I let out an audible gag when I found them. EW!
  • Ewwwwwwwwww! Those are bachelorette party decor, not wedding! Even then it's bad taste, but yeah. I can just see Great Aunt Mildred seeing one of those.

Any that involve dragging a partner, usually the groom, to the wedding. No. Fuck no. That's just so inappropriate to me. If he doesn't want to get married, it ain't gonna end well.

There's going to be buttercream frosting on the cake here. Dark chocolate buttercream. Unless it's a bowl of said frosting, nothing is going to impede on the glorious perfection of frosting.
  • edited May 2014
  • Ewwwwwwwwww! Those are bachelorette party decor, not wedding! Even then it's bad taste, but yeah. I can just see Great Aunt Mildred seeing one of those. Any that involve dragging a partner, usually the groom, to the wedding. No. Fuck no. That's just so inappropriate to me. If he doesn't want to get married, it ain't gonna end well. There's going to be buttercream frosting on the cake here. Dark chocolate buttercream. Unless it's a bowl of said frosting, nothing is going to impede on the glorious perfection of frosting.
    Buttercream frosting is SO good.
  • @lolol883 see, now, I like yours. It's cute and silly, just the way I imagine you and your FI to be. And it reminds me of HIMYM.
  • I was inspired to create this thread after looking for cake toppers of my own. This is a harder decision than I anticipated.
  • This is better than buttercream frosting. Seriously, our cake discussion was stupid.

Me - I want this frosting.
    Mike (who is my almost Dad and owns the restaurant) - Ok. What kind of cake.
    Me - Whatever. I'm happy with nothing but frosting.
    DF - You and your chocolate.
    Me - Yes. I want this frosting and I am not debating that. You can pick the cake. As long as you pick chocolate. (Please note, DF hates vanilla or spice cakes and wasn't happy with the idea that wedding cakes need to be white cake. He really wanted chocolate cake to start with. I wasn't being a total bitch.)

Mike had by then about fallen out of his chair laughing.

So it's eight billion types of chocolate cake with chocolate ganache under the frosting and between the layers, then cannoli cream with chocolate chip as the actual filling.
  • ckel24 said:
    @NavyBlue143 I'm close to ditching the cake topper...I just can't justify spending the money on something like that.
    We're not doing a cake topper. The bakery is just going to put flowers on the top of the cake. I couldn't justify spending that kind of money when we're so close to hitting our budget already.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    ckel24 said:
    @NavyBlue143 I'm close to ditching the cake topper...I just can't justify spending the money on something like that.
    I'm leaning towards that myself - if anything, we'll just do our initials on the same manuscript paper that our table numbers will be on.  

ETA: And if that's what we end up doing, I'll probably print it the week of.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • ckel24 said:
    I'm leaning towards that myself - if anything, we'll just do our initials on the same manuscript paper that our table numbers will be on.  

ETA: And if that's what we end up doing, I'll probably print it the week of.  
    I used Chase Thank You points on Amazon to buy mine... freeeeeeee!

(Yes, I know, TANSTAAFL, and I could have spent those points elsewhere, but... "free.")

• Eeek! Some of these are bad. 

This might be an UO, but I really don't like the Precious Moments cake toppers. These just make me cringe. 

But THIS is the fucking worst 

• Precious Moments cake toppers creep me out about as much as the mini brides and Disney themed weddings. You're not 5 anymore pretending to get married in your backyard. You're an adult. Your wedding should reflect your age.
  • ckel24 said:
    Precious Moments cake toppers creep me out about as much as the mini brides and Disney themed weddings. You're not 5 anymore pretending to get married in your backyard. You're an adult. Your wedding should reflect your age.
    YES. Exactly. Thank you! 
  • Wow...yeah, I've seen some pretty awful ones. Unfortunately for me I haven't seen any yet that we just have to have. We'll probably end up with something pretty simple. Like the sperm one...ya know, only not ridiculously awful.
  • ckel24 said:
    I was inspired to create this thread after looking for cake toppers of my own. This is a harder decision than I anticipated.
    Cake toppers are currently our stressing about it thing. There aren't a lot of same sex ones out there, unless you go custom made and those are costly, so I was like "lets do doves! or skip it!" and FI has put her foot down and said that "No! We aren't forgoing it or becoming birds! We deserve a cake topper reflective of us!", so I left her in charge of it.
  • No cake toppers for us. FI finds these types hysterical. I don't.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards