Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• CamiSeleneCamiSelene member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2014

Remember how I said one of my friends and bm's was engaged (but it ended) and how she would probably live those camo dresses? Well she just posted this with the caption "love this" ...

Edited for typo

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• KGold80 said:
    Did you know that you should have your friends compete to make the best play doh penis at the bachelorette? Yeah, me either.

Damn box.

I attended a bachelorette party where we had to sculpt our favorite sex positions out of play-doh. I didn't have enough for two people, so I made a girl fingering herself. I won.
    Oh my fucking god, I would never want anyone to have to play a game at my bachelorette, but I'm going to request this, and also request your attendance.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Remember how I said one of my friends and bm's was engaged (but it ended) and how she would probably live those camo dresses? Well she just posted this with the caption "love this" ...

Edited for typo

FH and I like to hunt, and there is still NO WAY we'd have a picture like that.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • DaisyMaeMommyDaisyMaeMommy member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited May 2014
    Saw this on Pinterest a few minutes ago...

Oh lordy!

• Right after I got engaged, a co-worker bought me a picture frame that says, "Bling bling, I got the ring." Ugh. 

And I'm silently cracking up at the thought of my bach party attendees making play-doh penises. My friends are all mid-30s. And my mom and FMIL are attending too. Heeheehee. I am totally going to make them do this and the best penis wins a prize! Wee!
  • Or how about these?

• Remember how I said one of my friends and bm's was engaged (but it ended) and how she would probably live those camo dresses? Well she just posted this with the caption "love this" ...

Edited for typo

STUCK IN BOX. Are they husband hunting?  

Edited for typo

STUCK IN BOX. Are they husband hunting?  

SITB:

Hahaha, maybe it's a warning picture to keep their men "in line". Lol

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2014
    I honestly don't even remember H's reaction. In fact, I don't even think I looked at him. 

When the doors opened, I was completely overwhelmed with just... everything... the decorations... and the people... and knowing I was the center of attention... and that aisle looked a mile long. 

I was so focused on holding my dad's arm and not tripping and not forgetting to smile that I don't think I even breathed until I got to the front of the room. H was smirking when I turned and looked at him, so I think he could tell I was silently freaking out. He gave my hand a little squeeze.

When we got our pictures back, there were several shots of him watching me walk up the aisle, and he was smiling, which is all I'd ever hoped for. I knew he'd be super nervous too, so I was worried he'd look scared to death.

Honestly, I would have been surprised if he had teared up.
  • beethery said:
    "If my groom doesn't react like this [series of pictures of men crying], I'm turning around."

Yep, he definitely doesn't love you if he doesn't cry at the sight of you.
    If my groom doesn't show real fear to the point of uncontrollable sobbing at the prospect of living out the rest of his days (however limited those days may be...) when he first lays eyes on me as I enter the ceremony space, I SHALL DEPART THE CEREMONY IMMEDIATELY.

lol I'm sorry, I had to.
    I loled

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I think on the whole, you're more likely to catch a FI at the end of the aisle with a nervous boner, not tears of happiness.

ETF: spellin' 
    Hahahaha, OMG. I am DYING.
  • Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this hideous

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Girl on left forgot her pants apparently.

Cute on Sherlock, funny from Watson snarking at Mycroft, love it because it's the lead to Irene Adler. Plus, at least Sherlock had a robe on and Irene intentionally didn't wear pants. And I got me some smoldering hot Andrew Scott in that episode.

IRL - dear God no.

BARF
    A friend of mine got engaged shortly after me and her FI showed the ring salesmen her Pinterest board (fully blinged out with ridiculous rings). Of course, Kay's didn't have anything like it so he picked one he liked (and looks a lot like mine). He loves this ring and it is pretty but she has since told me that it isn't what she wanted.

A lot of good that did.

• eg72 said:

BARF
    A friend of mine got engaged shortly after me and her FI showed the ring salesmen her Pinterest board (fully blinged out with ridiculous rings). Of course, Kay's didn't have anything like it so he picked one he liked (and looks a lot like mine). He loves this ring and it is pretty but she has since told me that it isn't what she wanted.

A lot of good that did.
    What a twat.

My FI called my sister and asked her what kind of ring I liked... she conspired with my BFF, who sent her pictures off our SECRET Pinterest board of "hypothetical things I'd hypothetically like if I were to hypothetically get married." Sis left work, drove an hour to go to the store with FI, armed with pics on her phone. They chose something that had the 'antique vibe' I liked in the rings I pinned, not something that was identical. I love it because he chose it for me. 

• eg72 said:

BARF

A lot of good that did.
    What a twat.

My FI called my sister and asked her what kind of ring I liked... she conspired with my BFF, who sent her pictures off our SECRET Pinterest board of "hypothetical things I'd hypothetically like if I were to hypothetically get married." Sis left work, drove an hour to go to the store with FI, armed with pics on her phone. They chose something that had the 'antique vibe' I liked in the rings I pinned, not something that was identical. I love it because he chose it for me. 
    I know. i literally had no words when she told me that (and that rarely happens). Now my BFF is worried than when her BF proposes she won't like it. I just told her, "J could have gotten me the ugliest ring in the world and I would have still loved it because it came from him. K knows you well enough to get you something you like and I know you'll love it." At least it eased her nerves, haha.

• eg72 said:

BARF

A lot of good that did.
    What a twat.

See that's what we have rings pinned on our boards for. Ideas of "oh hey I like things that kind of look like this" because we don't know shit about jewelry. When we "upgrade" we won't pick identical to what we pinned, but we'll have a vague idea of styles we like.
  • Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this hideous

Kesha as style icon?  SMDH
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

BARF
    I don't get this. At all.

There isn't a single e-ring on my pinterest because it never even occurred to me that I should care. Telling my FI what to buy would have ruined something for me, and that is...he picked out the ring he wanted me to wear because he thought it was perfect for me. Why would I want to mess with that? And when I went in to get a band to go with it, the salesperson said I could always upgrade my e-ring in a few years. I looked at him like he had 3 heads because there is NO WAY I am going to trade in the ring my FI bought for me and only me. It is a simple 3/4 carat round solitaire with great color and clarity and I love it and think it's perfect. BUT even if it wasn't all I ever dreamed of, I think trading it in would be a slap in his face because it would mean that the ring he bought me somehow wasn't good enough.

Anyway...I'm sorry for rambling. I just think some women put way too much emphasis on the perfect e-ring when the intent behind it is the important thing. It makes me sad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards