Getting in Shape

Pure Barre

sarawifenowsarawifenow member
First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
edited May 2014 in Getting in Shape

Anybody try it? Liked it? Loved it? I am dying to know!

ETF:spelling

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Pure Barre

• Pure Barre is wonderful. Expensive- but great results within just a couple of months if you go consistently.
  • @lleblanc33-How is the intensity level? Also, I have really bad joints and find that some workouts really bother them.
  • I did Pure Barre pretty consistently last summer and had great results.  Perfect for wedding prep, and most (if not all) studios have a package for brides (3 months for $375, which is a pretty good savings).  The practice is definitely intense and you WILL feel like you're getting a great workout, but it's low impact and good for those who typically experience pain.
  • I did Bar Method, guessing it's similar, and loved it. Just couldn't afford the $150/month price tag. :(
  • I did Physique57 and got great results.  I am right on the cusp of normal/overweight and did not lose much weight, but I really changed my body composition and saw visible muscle definition in my arms and legs after consistently going for one summer.

However, I have pre-existing joint problems and ended up with hip bursitis.  It's hard to be sure whether barre caused it, but one cause might have been the plie positions with feet turned out.  The ab, arm, and butt work is all safe according to my physical therapist, but I'm now supposed to avoid any position with that external hip rotation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Thanks, ladies! I actually did a trial class with one of my girlfriends last night. Holy intense!! I'm so glad I tried it, but, like you all said, it is too pricey! $225 for a month! Guess I will have to look elsewhere.
  • @sarabridesoon I was thinking I would do Pure Barre for my wedding as well... but I honestly could not justify the pricing. My goal was to tone up- so I decided to purchase the Bridalicious Boot Camp DVD's and started them in the second week of March along with the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse and a clean eating diet. Since then I have lost 8% of my body weight and inched off my waist, thighs, arms, chest, etc. I would highly reccomend this program.
  • @lleblanc33-So I just found a ridiculously good deal on groupon. Not sure where you are located, but I found a deal for a month of unlimited classes for $60. Then if you use the promo code FIT10, you get 10% off. Snagged that up real quick.
  • Yeeeessss!!!! Do it, Sara! And go to the Highlands studio if you can - and try your hardest to get into Maisha's class. Holy hell - I've never hurt so bad (so good!) in my life. And the results are AHmazing!

My sister got me the groupon a couple of month ago and I love it. As mentioned, it was too expensive to keep it up afterwards, but I did make FI install a barre in our basement and bought a DVD. It's not the same, but better than nothing. They just ran a "please come back" special but since I'm getting ready to travel for work, it wasn't worth it. I'd totally do it again later this summer when things calm down, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am definitely in love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards