Chit Chat

Just got FB wedding invite - another update

2»

Re: Just got FB wedding invite - another update

• FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Better yet, please suggest that the bride joins TK. 
  • Forget the Rascal scooter, I'd show up with a flamed out golf cart, complete with a cooler of beer in the back and a little TV.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Shoot, the wedding is in September? TAILGATE PARTY! !!
  • @zitiqueen‌ the only downside I see to that is bride and groom may then attempt to bully OP into giving them the money as an extra wedding gift
    Probably. But I'm not giving up my hard earned money . . . I'll need it to buy drinks at the reception

Anniversary
  • Re: going to the wedding - I'm out of province and a flight will cost $700 and 7 hours of travel time each way. Since I wasn't a VIP when the date was picked (neither were my parents) I'm really hoping something comes up.
    Re: bride joining TK - She's a snowflake. If both my mom and I suggesting that she needs to change plans to be a better host ends with a "it's my wedding, stop trying to ruining my special day", I doubt these boards will help, but it would definitely be amusing. She did use TK to make her website so she should be getting the newsletter.

Anniversary
  • edited May 2014
    No, no...with such a long gap you'll be better off with a couch. A blowup couch. That's pink. In honor of the princess.

Oooo I used to have one of those! Be sure to bring the matching inflatable side table (for the gift you're sure to bring!)

• Probably. But I'm not giving up my hard earned money . . . I'll need it to buy drinks at the reception

SIB

Oh, GURRRRL. You're going to need hard drugs to get through this thing. Liquor isn't enough. 
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Update - I just talked to MOB and she said that no way in hell will there be no chairs. She doesn't care if it interferes with the "wedding vision" she willbe making sure there are enough chairs for the guests.

Anniversary
  • Update - I just talked to MOB and she said that no way in hell will there be no chairs. She doesn't care if it interferes with the "wedding vision" she willbe making sure there are enough chairs for the guests.

Thank goodness MOB has some sense. Too bad her daughter missed out on it.

image   image   image

• My brother and SIL also planned their wedding under the delusion chairs weren't needed.

Mama HisGirl disagreed, ordered them, and had them delivered.

My SIL and brother balked until Mama HisGirl said, very calmly, 'Brother HisGirl, I raised you up better than to be rude and you know it. This is your wedding but the day isn't about you. It's about your guests. This subject is closed.'

Mama HisGirl won. Obviously.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have you considered politely pointing your sister in the direction of this place? She needs to realize that while it is 'her day' guest comfort needs to be really high on the list of must haves. And if she wants anyone to remember her wedding fondly, she'll sacrifice her vision for her guests. 
  • She is used to everybody doing exactly what she wants without questioning it. When I made comments about the rudeness of her plans, she told me I was trying to ruin her wedding because I'm jealous. I don't talk to her anymore (for several reasons) and point out the rude things to my mom, because mom knows that you should be polite to your guests and treat them well. Mom had no idea about the no chairs thing until I mentioned it to her. I know my mom is planning on talking to her, but I doubt it will go over well. Mom thinks OOT guests are going to decline, and that local guests will only attend the reception. I think my sister coming to these boards will go about as well as the snowflakes that show up after getting the TK newsletter.

Anniversary
  • If you do end up having to attend, I would like to see pictures of her very guest-less ceremony.
  • Right now it looks like I will have to work until 1PM on Friday and be back for noon on Monday. With flights and location of wedding (2 hours travel from closest airport to wedding) I'll probably be attending via Skype.

Anniversary
  • FiancBFiancB member
    What sort of vision doesn't allow for chairs? A vision where all the guests are frowning and shifting their feet? I don't get it.

I suppose I did look at a couple potential venues in gardens where chairs weren't allowed or were ridiculously expensive. Pretty, but even with our short ceremony that was a no-deal. 
  • From the website "please note that we are using alternative seating, which will be a combination of hay bales and blankets on the ground. If you require a chair for a valid medical reason, please let us know." In other words, a rustic vintage quirky burlap and lace wedding with casual semi-formal attire.

Anniversary
  • From the website "please note that we are using alternative seating, which will be a combination of hay bales and blankets on the ground. If you require a chair for a valid medical reason, please let us know." In other words, a rustic vintage quirky burlap and lace wedding with casual semi-formal attire.

Let me sit on the ground in my nice short dress and expose the world to indecency while I try to get comfortable with my heels.

Not.

If I showed up to a wedding with no chairs, even if it was the beautiful botanic gardens, I would leave. Straight up.

image   image   image

• FiancBFiancB member
    edited May 2014
    From the website "please note that we are using alternative seating, which will be a combination of hay bales and blankets on the ground. If you require a chair for a valid medical reason, please let us know." In other words, a rustic vintage quirky burlap and lace wedding with casual semi-formal attire.

ETA: seriously when will this dumb crap die? I was raised on a ranch and worked in dairies and sheep and horse barns and still do not find this cute at all. DIE DIE DIE!
  • Very briefly my cousin was considering not having chairs at her ceremony (due to expense). I believe it was my mother who audibly gasped and said, "Oh, no. Oh, no, that just can't happen." I don't know what happened between that hilarious comment and the wedding, but there were definitely chairs. I give them the benefit of the doubt and think that, "Hm, maybe we will just skip the chairs?" was more of a thought process and less of a real consideration...
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • FiancB said:
    From the website "please note that we are using alternative seating, which will be a combination of hay bales and blankets on the ground. If you require a chair for a valid medical reason, please let us know." In other words, a rustic vintage quirky burlap and lace wedding with casual semi-formal attire.

ETA: seriously when will this dumb crap die? I was raised on a ranch and worked in dairies and sheep and horse barns and still do not find this cute at all. DIE DIE DIE!
    We did grow up in a very rural area, but not on a farm. Sis vehemently hates everything to do with the city and loves doing things that show how "country" she is, which is why she wants hay bales and blankets on the grass. SHe also thinks the idea is quirky and original. I didn't realize sitting on chairs was a city thing.

Anniversary
  • Bride just posted on FB to watch for your invitation in the mail. I can't tell if this is a post limited to the guest list or for everyone to see. Wedding is 14 weeks away. 

Anniversary
  • FiancB said:

We did grow up in a very rural area, but not on a farm. Sis vehemently hates everything to do with the city and loves doing things that show how "country" she is, which is why she wants hay bales and blankets on the grass. SHe also thinks the idea is quirky and original. I didn't realize sitting on chairs was a city thing.
    She don't want your new-fangled sit-upons. Them's the devil's doin', I tell ya.

• I posted a couple of things on FB about the wedding, but they were labeled as filtered posts and were set to be only visible to people invited to the wedding. I can't imagine posting stuff for everybody and their mother to see... or sending out invitations 14 weeks out. Yikes!
    Bride just posted on FB to watch for your invitation in the mail. I can't tell if this is a post limited to the guest list or for everyone to see. Wedding is 14 weeks away. 

~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards