Snarky Brides

Best Man's Checklist

Best Man's Checklist

I was dying.  We have two best men, will they be taking turns driving us to our hotel and then airport for the honeymoon later?

Although... I'm sure we could use a ride to the airport...   hahahaha

Re: Best Man's Checklist

• Provide moral support while the groom buys the engagement ring. So there's a best man picked out prior to the engagement? And also the groom to be can't handle this? He needs someone patting him on the back being all "Dude, it's ok, this is a good idea"?
  • I'm sending that to my brother.

• He has to make sure that a grown man eats and drinks something? Really??? The only thing DH's BM made sure he drank was Crown Royal!
  • SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    Well shit. We're screwed. FI's best man (only man) is his 15-year-old son. It'll make for an awkward drive back to the lake house with him a chauffeur. And I'd looooove to see the bach party he would try to plan (...picturing lots of fake boobs, mountain dew, and video games...).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MagicInk said:
    Provide moral support while the groom buys the engagement ring. So there's a best man picked out prior to the engagement? And also the groom to be can't handle this? He needs someone patting him on the back being all "Dude, it's ok, this is a good idea"?
    FI actually took one of my best friends who was happy to report that she only vetoed one ring out of the bunch he picked. 

And the rest of this list is laughable. Who knew best man = surrogate mommy for groom and his friends?
  • If some of these things were actually left to our best man... we'd be unequivocally fucked.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • I just got this email too! Good lord.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    This list is even more hilarious to me since FI is leaning towards asking his son to be the best man. He will be 11 or 12 at the wedding depending on when we set the date. So far the only support FI got about the ring was daily questions "so afox is gonna be my step mom right? right?" and not so thinly veiled hints "you know what would be a good gift? something round and shiny, like really shiny." The bachelor party would be video games and soda. The "groom's survival kit would be more tailored to a zombie apocalypse. We wouldn't be legally married since he's not old enough to sign the marriage license.
  • CC0805CC0805 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Haha my FI would love a zombie survival guide as his grooms survival kit. AFox, maybe your FSIL could be his third best man
  • Hey! I would rather a zombie survival kit than a bridal survival kit.
  • Omg!
    So my FI's best man calls him and says we gotta talk (we haven't seen him in a while anyway, so we're excited to have breakfast with him!)

Anyway, we sit down for food, and he pulls out THE BEST MAN'S CHECKLIST. I immediately say you don't have to do any of that, but he was just not taking no for an answer. 

SO, they went through the list, crossed out probably 75% of it and that is basically how worthless that list is. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I just got this email too.  I think my eyes are stuck in the back of my head from rolling so hard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm fairly confident our BM won't be sober enough to drive us, or himself, anywhere the night of the wedding. 
  • Has anyone been to a wedding where the groom forgets to eat and drink?
    I was at a wedding where the groom ONLY drank. He was so hammered that he refused to dance the last song with his new wife because, as he put it, "I still have a drink in my hand and I can't put it down." Some grooms DO need to be reminded to act like adults...
    ~*~*~*~*~

I was at a wedding where the groom ONLY drank. He was so hammered that he refused to dance the last song with his new wife because, as he put it, "I still have a drink in my hand and I can't put it down." Some grooms DO need to be reminded to act like adults...
    Well, he definitely didn't forget to drink! 

At my first wedding, my groom spent most of the night outside smoking with his friends. I had to have someone go out and get him. I ate the first course alone. 
  • FI is fucked. He doesn't even a BM. Or groomsmen. Guess I'm going to have to trust that he'll know to be an adult on the day of our wedding.
  • Wait- the best man is supposed to dance with the MOH for the first formal dance?  I have never seen this done anywhere.
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Well shit. We're screwed. FI's best man (only man) is his 15-year-old son. It'll make for an awkward drive back to the lake house with him a chauffeur. And I'd looooove to see the bach party he would try to plan (...picturing lots of fake boobs, mountain dew, and video games...).
    Hah! My FI's best man is his 14 year old son! I had the exact same thoughts! Minus the fake boobs part...but add basketball instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Wait- the best man is supposed to dance with the MOH for the first formal dance?  I have never seen this done anywhere.
    With the exception of my wedding, every wedding I've ever been to the bridal party dances with each other right after or cutting into the couple's first dance.
    With the exception of my wedding, every wedding I've ever been to the bridal party dances with each other right after or cutting into the couple's first dance.
    Thanks for the response- I guess you learn something new every day.  We didn't have that at my wedding but we eschewed several formalities, including grand entrance type stuff or family dances.
    I've seen that when couples were in the WP but never in any other situation.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

So, is that why you need to have even sides?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards