Ohio-Northeast

Caterers: Happy Days Lodge Brides

FLGrlNextDoorFLGrlNextDoor member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited May 2014 in Ohio-Northeast

Happy Days Lodge brides,

Just curious, which caterer you used or are leaning towards.  Pros and cons.  Our feel is elegant country wedding. We'll have lawn games and a pig roast but will have my soft touch with peach linens and lavender.  We've narrowed it down to Taste of Excellence or Totally Cooked.  One is much pricier!!  We are scheduling tastings but wanted to hear others experiences. 

Re: Caterers: Happy Days Lodge Brides

• I haven't had Taste of Excellence, but Totally cooked serves food at a lunch place our friend owns and their food is really good.
  • My guess is Taste of Excellence is much pricier? What pricing have you found so far? Just from looking at the websites Totally Cooked does do the pig roast, haven't tried it yet. We are going to look at Happy Days on Tuesday so trying to see what the catering options are since you have to use ones off their list.
  • There is a $2,000.00+ difference with the preliminary quotes. Since we did not choose a wedding package, but instead decided on the pig roast off the BBQ menu, Totally Cooked is charging us for rental equipment, staff service, and every thing else a la carte. This means we are paying for the use of chafers, beverage bins, other display equipment, etc.  Even beverage napkins are extra and not included in the back bar service.  It adds up really fast.  Also, Totally Cooked's staff pricing is almost doubled per hour. Taste of Excellence's Bartender is $18.50 per hour v. Totally Cooked's Bartender $30.00 per hour.  We looked at TC's wedding packages, but the food selections do not work for us. We are set on BBQ. 

My jaw dropped when I saw the difference in the quotes.  We have tastings scheduled with both the first week of June.  I will update after our tastings.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards