Snarky Brides

Re: Our proposals pale in comparison!

• People filming themselves lip-syching to songs gives me more secondhand embarrassment than I can handle. if my FI had done this, I would have been cringing to my core and beyond. Alternate universe Beethery would have been like, "I feel cringey and I can't figure out why."
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Oh FFS. If FI knew four years ago that he was planning to propose and then didn't so he could put this shit together, I would have said no.

This. I would have murdered him 3 years ago.

• ugh I tried to watch the video..nope

Anniversary
  • And all the special snowflakes are like....oh, how romantic!   He worked SOOOO hard!!!  Omigod, that's just wonderful!!!

Ugh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ugh, seriously? First, if FI would have done this I would have walked out the door the minute the video started because I hate big spectacles and second, I thought it was weird how FI waited 3 months to propose after he knew he wanted to (he did plan something super sweet though and according to him, he spent those months looking for the right ring).... but four years??? Hell no.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• I couldn't finish it! Too much cheese!
  • That's it! I demand a do over! *eye roll*
  • I think stuff like this only works on tv shows. For some reason I like fictional over the top proposals but real ones make me wanna go ick.
  • That video just pissed me off.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• But where are the tacos?

Whatevs. No tacos, I'm saying no.
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm not really bothered by the whole waiting 4 years thing since they met in college and sometimes families are not cool with pre-graduation engagements. Also, FI and I talked about potentially getting married many times over many years before we proposed a few months after our 10 year anniversary. What bothered me was the ridiculous over-the-top-ness of it. Like, what's wrong with a simple, sweet proposal with just the two of you? Why does it have to keep getting bigger and bigger? A big, lavish, grand, AWish proposal doesn't make you any less engaged than a simple proposal does!

***********SITB*******************

This. And while I wouldn't have wanted a big spectacle, I kind of get the sense that this kid does everything OTT and as a spectacle, so I get the feeling that it fits.

Whatever. I think it's cute. Maybe different if he went to all these countries for this purpose, but he was there anyway sooo might as well. 
  • Ugh this was on the news this morning. Not my cup of tea. At all.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    I don't understand things like this at ALL.  What, you're trying to prove to everyone that you're better than them, and that your girl deserves the best and all that?  Good, propose and marry her and prove it, then.  No need to rebuild the Pyramids of Giza and then put on a Broadway musical about it.  Because now, being so very speshul, she will expect this for the rest of your days together.  SO, HAVE FUN DEALING WITH THAT.

etf: grammar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I had breakfast pizzas and mimosas. 
  • FI and I got engaged on a trip to San Diego last year.  We'd talked seriously about getting engaged, so I knew it was coming, and I had a feeling it was going to happen during that trip -- I just didn't know when.

So we were sitting at the gate waiting to board our flight, and "Marry You" by Bruno Mars came on over the loudspeakers.  I started internally freaking out, worried FI had planned some sort of embarrassing public flash mob proposal or something.  NOPE, just happened to be a weird coincidence.  He popped the question a couple days later at Sunset Cliffs, just the two of us.

Looking back, I don't even know why I was worried -- he is NOT at all the type of person who would do something like that, and he knows that's not the kind of proposal I would have wanted anyway.  And he HATES Bruno Mars.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm with @FiancB on this one. I expected to hate it, but after watching the video it seems very "him"…"them". Personally? I would've puked in my mouth a little before booking ass down the street to never return if my FI tried to pulls something like that (for reference - he proposed in our dinning room on a Monday night before we ate tacos for dinner. It was perfection.). Buuuuut, video couple seem far more grandiose in both personality & lifestyle, so it's kinda fitting what he did :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I thought it'd be one of those videos that got me all weepy and happy...then it wasn't. 

It was nice thought, but then he didn't even do an amazing job lip-syncing one of my favorite songs in the world. Womp, womp. 
  • ElcaB said:
    I thought it'd be one of those videos that got me all weepy and happy...then it wasn't. 

It was nice thought, but then he didn't even do an amazing job lip-syncing one of my favorite songs in the world. Womp, womp. 
    Yeah, you'd think he'd memorize the hell out of that song and practice a few times in the mirror before filming himself!

Also, that song totally lends itself to quick edits, not the 10+ second shots he had going on.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well that was special... I agree with the PP's who said it seemed to fit with an over the top personality - which he (they?) may very well have. That being said - I would punch BF in the nose and run away if he planned some elaborate public stunt (and he knows this)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards