Chit Chat
Options

Imbibe!

We have lots-o-threads on wine, and now I'd like to request an expansion to booze…cocktails…mixed libations & such. 

Our faves include, but are not limited to:

Me - I heart gin (Hendrick's) & bourbon (Basil Hayden). Snubbed my nose at vodka for a long time, but become friendlier as of recent.
FI - big fan of scotch & rye whiskey. He's also the one who talked me into playing nice with vodka again.

Currently, I'm enjoying a very dirty gin martini. Yes, I am drinking at 3:00 in the afternoon (it's earned, damn it. I spent 4 fucking hours at the dentist today). And yes, I did put little heart around it because I love it so.

So spill it - what's everyone's drink or cocktail of choice? Too hard to name one (allow me to answer - YES), then list 'em out. I tend to get in ruts so I love to hear what others are sipping for inspiration.

And cheers to Friday!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Imbibe!

• Options
    Apple Martini! I have an awesome recipie!
  • Options
    Said recipe MUST be posted.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've got huckleberry vodka. Goes great with orange juice.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Beer all the way! I live in hot Los Angeles. Beers always seem like a good idea all year long. 

but if I must do liquor then Patron tequila... soft on my insides...I prefer my liquor by itself. Not a cocktail fan. 

I love beer, but beer doesn't love me. Tons of craft & microbreweries in Colorado so it's fun to "sample" the varieties out there. But I bloat something fierce after beer so I have to do so cautiously or suffer the wrath of misery. 

Do enjoy a good tequila, too.
  • Options

And here I am, working on a Fri night!  lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    phira said:
    I've got huckleberry vodka. Goes great with orange juice.
    Shut. UP!! So it should be noted that I'm obsessed with huckleberries. Not a little obsessed, but a lot obsessed - to the tune of they might have been listed on the "pro" side of reasons to get married in Montana. I absolutely must find this vodka.
  • Options
    Stella, Blue Moon, Dos Equis, Heineken, Corona, Coors, ... you get the idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Said recipe MUST be posted.
    2 generous jiggers of Smirnoff Apple vodka and a 1/2 cap full of vermouth. It isn't as sweet as the traditional Appletini but is better in my opinion.

ETA because I am a moron.
  • Options
    Lemonade and Red Berry Ciroc
    Lemonade and St. Germain
    Vanilla vodka and Cherry Coke Zero (mix it right in the can. just drink some of the coke first. saves dishwasher space)
    Iced tea and Peach Ciroc
    Cointreau margaritas
    Raspberry vodka (or Red Berry Ciroc) and Redbull Total Zero
    Lemonade and Mango rum
    Cucumber vodka and Mint Iced Tea

this is all the shit I usually make at home. When I'm out I just get vanilla vodka and coke because it's hard to fuck that up.

I got some coconut ciroc but I don't know what to make with it.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I love sweet drinks. I get this strawberry margarita at one restaurant and It comes with a rock candy stirrer.

If I'm out at an actual bar, I order a black russian. Is kahlua and vodka. Simple, but good.

I think I might just make one tonight.

Or now.

Anniversary
  • Options
    beethery said:
    Lemonade and Red Berry Ciroc
    Lemonade and St. Germain
    Vanilla vodka and Cherry Coke Zero (mix it right in the can. just drink some of the coke first. saves dishwasher space)
    Iced tea and Peach Ciroc
    Cointreau margaritas
    Raspberry vodka (or Red Berry Ciroc) and Redbull Total Zero
    Lemonade and Mango rum
    Cucumber vodka and Mint Iced Tea

this is all the shit I usually make at home. When I'm out I just get vanilla vodka and coke because it's hard to fuck that up.

I got some coconut ciroc but I don't know what to make with it.

Might very well be the most brilliant thing I've learned in a long while, thank you.

chibiyui said:
    I love sweet drinks. I get this strawberry margarita at one restaurant and It comes with a rock candy stirrer. If I'm out at an actual bar, I order a black russian. Is kahlua and vodka. Simple, but good. I think I might just make one tonight. Or now.
    Do IT! Do IT!!!
  • Options
    emmyg65emmyg65 member
    edited May 2014
    All of them?

We were on a pretty good whiskey sour kick this winter. Also Manhattans. And boulevardiers. 

Now that it's summer, I'd be moving to gin and tonics (I like Hendricks and Fever Tree), dark n stormies, margaritas, mojitos, negronis.... If you can't tell, we have a pretty ridiculous bar.

Bourbon, rye and gin are my favorite spirits, followed closely by tequila and rum.

But alas and alack, I'm pregnant and doing the mocktail thing. I made some rhubarb syrup that's really tasty with club soda. And I have a watermelon mint lemonade recipe I want to try this weekend.

ETA: When I told my dad I was pregnant, he was super excited. But then he paused. "Oh, wait. That's terrible! You're going to miss summer drinking season!" There a few things more sacred in my family that a peaceful drink enjoyed on a sunny deck. :)
  • Options

Jack & (Diet) Coke for this girl!

If I'm feeling like fruit I might throw a cherry in there. lol

• Options
    I like a good gin and tonic.
  • Options

I love amaretto sours, or my true favorite is strawberry lemonade and amaretto. I cant turn down a strawberry daiquiri either.

I used to like vodka...but I got sick off it once.. and I just cant.

Anniversary
  • Options
    My friends and I make a drink we call a Cinderella since it's so sweet and girly. Raspberry vodka (or any fruity vodka, really), Sprite, a little OJ and a splash of grenadine. 

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    emmyg65 said:
    All of them?

We were on a pretty good whiskey sour kick this winter. Also Manhattans. And boulevardiers. 

Now that it's summer, I'd be moving to gin and tonics (I like Hendricks and Fever Tree), dark n stormies, margaritas, mojitos, negronis.... If you can't tell, we have a pretty ridiculous bar.

Bourbon, rye and gin are my favorite spirits, followed closely by tequila and rum.

But alas and alack, I'm pregnant and doing the mocktail thing. I made some rhubarb syrup that's really tasty with club soda. And I have a watermelon mint lemonade recipe I want to try this weekend.

ETA: When I told my dad I was pregnant, he was super excited. But then he paused. "Oh, wait. That's terrible! You're going to miss summer drinking season!" There a few things more sacred in my family that a peaceful drink enjoyed on a sunny deck. :)
    Girl, your taste in beverages is impeccable! And I love you're Dad ;)
  • Options
    I have been a little obsessed with Malibu cokes with a splash of cranberry lately. Sounds weird, but it is SO good!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

My friends and I make a drink we call a Cinderella since it's so sweet and girly. Raspberry vodka (or any fruity vodka, really), Sprite, a little OJ and a splash of grenadine. 

Switch that sprite for ginger ale and you have the specialty cocktail we served at our wedding. We called it a railgun. Was tasty. We ran out.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have been a little obsessed with Malibu cokes with a splash of cranberry lately. Sounds weird, but it is SO good!
    Everything tastes better with a splash of cranberry.
  • Options
    OK, so who's having one for me?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I love gin and tonics. As long as gin isn't too barky, I'm happy. And I love pretty much anything with strawberries.

My newest favorite is the mojito. I need more of them in my life.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love gin and tonics. As long as gin isn't too barky, I'm happy. And I love pretty much anything with strawberries. My newest favorite is the mojito. I need more of them in my life.
    There's a restaurant here in Denver that has THEE best mojitos. Feels like I'm drinking summer in a glass.
  • Options
    Ick to the sickly sweet drinks. Gimme a Crown and Coke, 7&7 or craft beer (just no IPAs). Amaretto and pineapple is pretty good. Just nothing with syrup.

My fave summer drink is a sake caipirinha. Muddle fruit of your choice (strawberry kiwi is da bomb, or lime, pineapple or passion fruit) with a little sugar; shake with ice and sake. Yum.

• Options
    I just go for vodka cranberries.
  • Options
    I had THE BEST mojitos at the Rum Barrel in Key West. I waaaaant one nooooowwwwwwwwwww
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Solid choice!
  • Options
    I drank soooooo many of those for years and years that even just plain ol' cranberry juice tastes like it has vodka in it.

I used to LOVE them though, it makes me sad that I can't tolerate drinking them anymore.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    phiraphira member
    chibiyui said:

Switch that sprite for ginger ale and you have the specialty cocktail we served at our wedding. We called it a railgun. Was tasty. We ran out.
    I'd like one right now please.

@smiledamnit I have never heard of or tried huckleberry ANYTHING before I tried this vodka. My friend from Montana brought some with her and let us all try it, and I love it so much, she brings me a bottle when she comes back from visiting home.

Other drinks I like:
    Pumpkin martini (gonna be one of our signature cocktails)
    Vodka cranberry
    Gin and tonic
    Rum and Coke, although more specifically ...
    Captain and Coke (mmmmmm)
    Very sweet margaritas
    Hard cider (Down East is my current fav)
    Sweet white wines (Riesling is my favorite)

When my friend is done with her veterinary internship, we're going to make strawberry margarita Jello shots and it will be amazing.

Surprisingly (to everyone else AND to me!) I do not like mojitos :(
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Limoncello Twist: 1/2 Limoncello & 1/2 prosecco served in a champagne flute

Moscato Vodka & Cranberry: 1.5 ounces SKYY Infusions Moscato Grape Vodka, 2 ounces cranberry juice, ½ ounce fresh lime juice

Blackberry Bramble: 1 ounce gin, 1 ounce apple brandy, 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice, 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice, 3/4 ounce simple syrup, 3 blackberries (muddled)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards