Snarky Brides
Options

New kind of PPD - the do-over

2»

Re: New kind of PPD - the do-over

• Options
    I loved, loved, LOVED planning my wedding, and I loved getting married, but I'll be damned if I'm doing it again.

I have friends who throw kick-ass anniversary parties every year. There's no wedding trappings, they just have a ginormous backyard party with booze and food and cake. It's awesome. I love it.
    Wait, really?  I'm so happy to hear this.  My husband and I had so much fun at the wedding that we've been kicking around the notion of having a dance party for our 1 year anniversary with all of the same guests invited but no wedding stuff or AW type grossness.  But I was worried that it might seem too self-indulgent.  Reading that your friends do something similar makes me think we can pull it off without it being lame ;)
  • Options
    KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    I loved, loved, LOVED planning my wedding, and I loved getting married, but I'll be damned if I'm doing it again.

I have friends who throw kick-ass anniversary parties every year. There's no wedding trappings, they just have a ginormous backyard party with booze and food and cake. It's awesome. I love it.
    So, question, this doesn't go with the whole, "Don't throw a party in your own honor" thing? Because if you aren't supposed to throw your own birthday party, I would think this is along the same lines, no?
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Eh I think it kinda depends. If they are throwing a party and the fact that it's their anniversary is kind of an afterthought and no gifts are expected, that's different from "hey it's our anniversary, pontificate before us some more". Sounds fun to me. 
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Another do-over on SYTTD Atlanta right now. They've been married less than 2 years. Her dress was too tight at the first wedding because she was 5mo pregnant, his ring didn't come in on time, and their photographer didn't show up, so they're doing it again.

• Options
    Unless it were an issue of appendix-rupturing proportion, I would feel EMBARRASSED to do a do-over wedding.

The DJ seriously screwed up and cut off our first dance song really early, giving us only like 45 seconds to dance together.  I was really bummed about it at first, but when my dad suggested having the DJ just redo the first dance later in the evening, I was like "heck no".  That's WEIRD.  My guests already saw the (really short) first dance... I'm not going to make them watch us "first dance" again.  

Awesome anniversary parties or milestone vow renewals, I can get on board with because hey, who doesn't like parties?  But the whole idea of a "do over" wedding is just weird and embarrassing to me.

SaveSave
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    My friends got married on July 3, so their party is a combination Fourth of July/Anniversary thing.

Other than it being their anniversary (and it's hard to forget, given the date), it's really just a BBQ/party. No wedding trappings or anything other than partying and drinking and eating.

ETA And there is cake. Because there should always be cake. But I don't think the cake is related to their anniversary, I think there's just cake.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    monkeysip said:
    Good lord, who has the money or energy for a do-over wedding?  
    THIS. I told FI that this better work out because I am never doing this crap again!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Another do-over on SYTTD Atlanta right now. They've been married less than 2 years. Her dress was too tight at the first wedding because she was 5mo pregnant, his ring didn't come in on time, and their photographer didn't show up, so they're doing it again.
    I caught the beginning of that one and thought of you ladies, but couldn't bear to watch more than 5 minutes of it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    omg these ladies are crazy.  I never want to plan another wedding.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards