Chit Chat

Doc quit, what to do

A good friend of mines mom started an event planning business last year and specialized in weddings. So when we started planning our renewal I went to talk to her and decided to use her services for the day of, decorating the party hall (table clothes, center pieces, seating and guest book, go to for vendors or anyone with questions and being there when the caterer, dj, and bakery get there. She offere more, like helping at the ceremony but we don't need anything with that.

Well we have been playing phone tag the past few weeks because I had her money and wanted to get it to her. We finally talk yesterday and she tells me she's no longer running her business anymore but because we had already had an agreement she would come and do whatever I needed that day. At no charge. If I felt like giving her a tip or a thank you note but I'm not obligated to.

My question is, I can't not give her anything for giving up most of a Saturday to come do this for me. The originally price was $450. If she comes and does set up and let's everyone in at 3 (used to be 12) and then leaves after we get there and she eats (close to 7), do you think $225 is fair to give her?

Re: Doc quit, what to do

• hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    I personally would honor the price that was agreed upon but as long as you give her something, I am sure it will be fine.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    lyndausvi said:
    hlvonb said:
    I personally would honor the price that was agreed upon but as long as you give her something, I am sure it will be fine.
    This.

And BTW - I read this as my Doc as in Doctor quit. not DOC as in Day of Coordinator.
    Same here, and I was really confused.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    lyndausvi said:
    hlvonb said:
    This.

And BTW - I read this as my Doc as in Doctor quit. not DOC as in Day of Coordinator.
    Same here, and I was really confused.
    glad to hear it's not just me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I read it that way, too, and kept waiting for that part of the story. I agree to pay her what you originally planned.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I also thought there was a medical person in this story.

Pay her the full amount.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Ditto all the above.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards