New York-Long Island
Options

Sea Cliff Manor/Sans Souci??

Hi everyone

Im looking at places this weekend, one of them being the former Sans Souci (now called Sea Cliff Manor). It has everything I would want, for a very good price, but I'm scared because there are really no reviews about the place anywhere! Old OR new! Wondering if anyone has gotten married there? Can you tell me about it? or maybe someone can tell me why no one goes there? Thank you!

Re: Sea Cliff Manor/Sans Souci??

• Options
    Looked there but was not impressed with decor.  Looks very outdated. 
    She said the couples take pictures on the steps but they looks in dire need of repair. Also, didn't like the walkway to cocktail hour.  I think it would be difficult for older guests or the other option was having them walk through the reception space.
  • Options
    i looked there as well, my fiances cousin worked there forever and said although it looks kinda blah now when decorated its gorgeous. i wasnt thrilled with it either but their price was right 
  • Options
    yeah I actually went there a few weeks ago. Was totally not impressed. Although i DID like the setup of the room itself, there was really no gardens or grounds like I thought there would be. You have to cross the street to get to the lake. The ceremony spot in right on the road. There's construction going on next door.

Also, when I was there, the place looked filthy. Scuff marks on doors that looked like theyve been there forever. A banana peel in the cigarette stand out by the main entrance! A cocktail glass from the night before on the concrete near the ashtray.

They should've cleaned up a bit if they knew someone was coming to check the place out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_sea-cliff-manorsans-souci?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:6c35a00a-c571-4509-ae1f-5949c18222b6Post:60b95407-d954-48bb-aa15-d7b7ae0fe34c">Sea Cliff Manor/Sans Souci??</a>:
    By now I'm sure you found a place but I just wanted to let you know that probably the reason there aren't any reviews is that this place is not so popular.  It's actually an old victorian house and not some cheesy wedding venue that everyone has used or been to .  It's actually a very nice place.  My co-worker got married there in 1990 and once I saw her pics I had to check it out.  My original wedding date was set for 11-11-11 but we have postponed it until 10-12-13 with this place for our venue.  I can't wait.  Good luck with your wedding.  :)

[QUOTE]Hi everyone Im looking at places this weekend, one of them being the former Sans Souci (now called Sea Cliff Manor). It has everything I would want, for a very good price, but I'm scared because there are really no reviews about the place anywhere! Old OR new! Wondering if anyone has gotten married there? Can you tell me about it? or maybe someone can tell me why no one goes there? Thank you!
    Posted by vallybee[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Did you wind up booking your wedding here?

I made an appointment to visit but I'm running into the same thing you said- no reviews to be found! I PREFER a historic home, park or museum space (something with a little character or charm?) and like you said, the price is right... so I'm just wondering what experiences people have had there recently!

• Options
    hugoandelenihugoandeleni member
    First Comment
    edited September 2013
    I visited Sea Cliff Manor recently, and I really like the catering hall and the grounds, since your wedding is around the corner, how was your experience so far? Did you do a food tasting?

Thanks!
  • Options
    DinaPasquDinaPasqu member
    First Comment
    edited November 2013
    I just recently visited the Seacliff manor. The price is good but I'm a little nervous because there's no reviews.. Do they let you do it tasting? and how was your wedding? Thanks! :)
  • Options
    I'd also be interested in other peoples' RECENT experiences with Seacliff, especially since the management has changed in the last two years. I visited last week, and noticed that it's just worn and dirty...broken glasses and cigarette packs lying on the lawn, all the paint is worn off the toilet seats in the ladies' room, that sort of thing. Maybe it looks better when decorated for an event, but I also wonder how well they are staffed to perform routine cleaning. The price is great, and the catering managers seem very accommodating. Now they're in the midst of working out how to charge us for a tasting. Their first offer was to let us taste food after we sign the contract and pay the deposit...all to be done in the last two hours before an evening event occurs. I said I'd be fine with paying for the food and having the charge applied to my bill if I book, after I've had a chance to look over the contract and discuss it with my groom, as most other banquet halls in the area do...they've agreed to do so for $300--essentially renting and staffing the hall myself long enough to taste a plate of food. Interesting. 

I'd love to hear from anyone who has gotten married here under the new management!! What was your experience here? Thanks!!!
  • Options
    I'm getting married there in about 3 weeks.  We weren't thrilled about putting down the deposit and signing the contract before tasting, but were told that it would be refunded if we were not satisfied.  The food was delicious!  We tried so many different things and went home with many take-home boxes, so were able to get a few more meals out of it.  The staff has been helpful, accommodating professional, throughout and we have no complaints. We are excited for the big day! 

We had found an all-inclusive package deal at another venue, but preferred Sea Cliff and they were able to match the price with the additions.  We love the charm of the venue and got a great deal on top of it!  We really wanted to find a place that was unique and scenic and only did one wedding at a time.  Sea Cliff is great!  Ask for James - he is top-notch!
  • Options
    What other places did you check out that were along the same pricing as Sea Cliff?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards