Chit Chat

Updo or half updo?

2»

Re: Updo or half updo?

• KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    I'm wearing mine in a really simple half-up for the ceremony, tossing it all into a bun for the cultural part, and it'll likely be in a ponytail the rest of the night. My hair is super fine so it doesn't do well being down for very long (I get GIANT tangles at the base of my neck). It's also down to the middle of my back, and likes to obnoxiously get in my way all the time.
    We must be hair twinsies! My hair is so fine that it's gotten caught in the little screw thingy that holds my stylist's scissors together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited May 2014
    I have long thick hair and was having the same debate. I don't like the way my hair looks all up but I figured I would die with it down all day. This half up do worked for me.  Lasted all day.  Thru some wind and a whole lot of dancing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emmyg65 are you the one on the celeb look-alike thread who said your FI resembles Anthony Bourdain? Because he totally does in that pic! Handsome! 

• My hair is fine but there's a crap ton of it. I'm doing half up, loosely curled with pieces around my face because that's how FI likes it, plus I think I look too naked with hair up/strapless dress. I had my trial already and it stayed all night plus sleeping. It was still curled the whole next day at work.

• It's going to depend on your hair...thickness, length, ability to hold curl etc. plus the humidity of your area and time of year.

I'm getting married in October in central ontario, I have fairly thick hair that (by then) will be about 3 inches below my shoulders.  It holds a curl quite well and I like my hair down so I am toying between these two
  • I wore mine up.  I like the look of it half up, but we got married on a humid day in summer and I wanted it to be done and stay all night.  I didn't want to half to mess with it half way during the ceremony or have it getting sticky or droopy.  It stayed up with 0 maintenance.  

My sister tried to talk me into a half up do because of how pretty it looks down, but I ignored her.  For her wedding, I let her talk me into the half up do.  When it fell and drooped by dinner, I was so glad I'd gone with my gut for my own wedding.  
  • I know I'll have either all down or half up. I hate my hair up even though I have long thick wavy hair. I only wear my hair up if I'm home cleaning and the kids are putting there hands through it too much lol. I'd say try a few styles, I like the idea smother gave of the wispy pieces down, if my hair wasn't my security blanket,I'd contemplate that idea.
  • FI wants my hair down, so I'm going for a half-updo to pull it back from my face. If I just left it down I'd look like Hermione in five minutes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • My hair is fine but there's a crap ton of it. I'm doing half up, loosely curled with pieces around my face because that's how FI likes it, plus I think I look too naked with hair up/strapless dress. I had my trial already and it stayed all night plus sleeping. It was still curled the whole next day at work.
    I have the same freakin hair! Lots and lots of really fine. It's part of why I keep it so short, that and I'm lazy. Really lazy. Also, I'm always surprised when you post a pic and it isn't Jennifer Lawrence. I'm like..who that? 
  • edited May 2014
    My hair is fine but there's a crap ton of it. I'm doing half up, loosely curled with pieces around my face because that's how FI likes it, plus I think I look too naked with hair up/strapless dress. I had my trial already and it stayed all night plus sleeping. It was still curled the whole next day at work.
    I have the same freakin hair! Lots and lots of really fine. It's part of why I keep it so short, that and I'm lazy. Really lazy. Also, I'm always surprised when you post a pic and it isn't Jennifer Lawrence. I'm like..who that? 
    Shhh that girl is just my stunt double. Keeps the paparazzi at bay.
    (ETF box)

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm planning on doing an updo because I don't want my hair to be a tangled, frizzy, curl-less mess by the end of the wedding.  
  • KGold80 said:
    We must be hair twinsies! My hair is so fine that it's gotten caught in the little screw thingy that holds my stylist's scissors together!
    Twins!!

People don't get how serious I am about the level of knots that magically appear in my hair. Until they watch me brush my hair out, watch me sit perfectly still for 20 minutes, and then find the 3" wad of hair that has found a way to tangle itself at the nape of my neck. It's so fine that I swear that the act of breathing is enough to coax it into knots.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• SenecafSenecaf member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    This has been on my mind all day. My trial is scheduled for two weeks from now and I have no ideas.

I have a fuck ton of hair. Like soooo muuuch haaiir. But it is my "thing". It's baically the only reason people talk to me haha. I don't know if i really want to hide it all up in an updo. But it will be super hot in August and in my way if l leave some of it down.
  • I'm of no help either! I have thick curly hair and its in a short messy bob. I just can't handle being over heated, its no fun for me ha. I do like your picture for your updo I think its very classy and pretty.
  • My hair is fairly short, and I have no idea how I want it for the day of.

I'm a little traumatized about having someone do my hair- I just had my hair done for a friend's wedding (Right now I have a short inverted bob) and the stylist made it into a weird poof thing.  It looked really stupid.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would love a half do. SO MUCH. However like a few other girls said, I'm so scared it'll just look blah so quickly in the Florida June heat. So most likely a full do it will be. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2014
    I'm glad this turned into a huge thread :) Darn hair styles! I've now came to the agreement I'm going to do this: image

Either one braid like this or one on each side and the bun in the middle

ETA: I will have three colors in my hair, my natural, blonde and red plus the blonde and red fading out of my hair currently... should look cool.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I was having the same debate with myself- I never wear my hair up unless I'm at the gym so half up was my preference but the more i think about it...I will need an entire bottle of hairspray to keep it from falling out and by that time it will be all crunchy. Ew. I'm going soft romantic updo with a little pouf and a few wisps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards