Chit Chat

Found this gem...

on Reddit. I spend a lot of time over there, but not usually in the wedding subreddits. This reminded me why I avoid them.

Re: Found this gem...

• I can't.  I just can't.  This lady is crazy.  "We don't see it as our real wedding!!"  Well that's nice, the state you married in does.  As does your insurance company.  And I'm pretty damn sure the rest of your family will see it that way or they wouldn't be asking so much about the license!!
    Anniversary
  • "We're not really married, we're just filing taxes, getting insurance benefits, have hospital visitation rights, like we were married. You guys don't understand, I won't really consider myself married until we say our vows in front of our friends and family, and all my besites are in the ugliest dresses I can make them wear, and there's pink tulle all over the wall, and I have a 10 tier wedding cake, and a unicorn comes down the aisle and poops rainbows over my fiance and I. Thats the only way I'll "feel" married."

Anniversary
  • These people are so icky.
  • Gross.  I'm pretty sure if she knows her guests would think "it's not the real thing" and her FPILs would be "at least a little heartbroken," she knows what they're doing is wrong.

The fake wedding license is a new trick, though.  Props for taking the PPD to a new low.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I don't think I've ever been to a "not real" wedding, but with all these people that want to have pretend weddings, who knows. I hope no one on our guest list thinks, 'I wonder if they are really getting married right now'. 

The fact that they didn't even tell their own parents is really low. Are her husband's parents paying for this wedding, because if this was my child, and I found out they got married months ago. I would pull my funding. Absofuckinglutely. 

• I saw this earlier too. And the logical people responding are getting downvoted for being "mean". Yuck. Oh, and what is this with "Our best friend really wants to marry us, and will be hurt if he doesn't, but it's okay, because it is the real one to US!" I just can't. I shook my head at that post, and all of the comments stating that "It's such a GREAT idea to use a fake marriage license!".

• I saw this earlier too. And the logical people responding are getting downvoted for being "mean". Yuck. Oh, and what is this with "Our best friend really wants to marry us, and will be hurt if he doesn't, but it's okay, because it is the real one to US!" I just can't. I shook my head at that post, and all of the comments stating that "It's such a GREAT idea to use a fake marriage license!".
    gag.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope somebody who is in the know posts this with her identity on Facebook!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I feel physical pain while reading those comments. I'm disgusted that their marriage isn't real to them and that they want to hide it from everyone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just saw this, and immediately thought of Knotties trying to understand snowflakes, such as the OP of this reddit thread:

• SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I got downvoted into oblivion over a similar thread to this just a few weeks ago. If people on reddit want to coddle princesses who think the rules don't apply to them, they can go for it. 
  • Yeah, threads like that one make me very glad that there are sane people on TK who grasp the concept that lying to your family is not the best idea in this case. Also I admit that I like to imagine how that thread would have gone down on this site. Would have looked a lot different!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards