Chit Chat
Options

Registering RAGE

13»

Re: Registering RAGE

• Options
    CMGragain said:
    The small coffee cups are for after dinner coffee - a demi tasse.  Very tiny cups and silver spoons are sold for this, though these days, few people buy them.  They are not intended for giving someone their caffeine jolt for the day.  I have two sizes of cups for my Wedgwood fine china set.  The smaller ones are used for dinner service.  The larger mugs are for morning coffee.
    My favorite coffee mugs were $1 each on a Walmart clearance shelf 20 years ago.  They are huge, and I wish I had bought more than four, but we don't use them for company.  Of course, when I was teaching, I carried one of those enormous insulated car-mugs with me!

My patterns:  Wedgwood, Wild Strawberries, casual Vilroy & Bosch, Geranium.  I use that ugly old Corelle every day.  I have a set of vintage Fostoria Century in a box for my son, if he ever gets married, and if his bride would want it.  It belonged to his great-grandmother.
    Stupid registry mistake:  I have a set of 8 French St. Louis cut crystal water goblets.  They are now priced at more than $200 each, and I'm afraid to use them!  I should have chosen something cheap that I wouldn't worry about, like those nice plain wineglasses from BB&B.
    Yes, I have these!  Fi's family is Sicilian and their after-dinner drink of choice is espresso.  With LOTS of sugar.  His uncle puts so much sugar is there, it's like coffee slush.  I've gotten so used to the coffee at this point, I can go right to sleep after a double espresso.

In the morning I still want a huge cup.  And I'll refill it a few times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    New Orleans has this tradition.  They like their coffee with chicory, and it should be strong enough that the spoon stand up in it.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards