Chit Chat
Options

Who makes the best lip stain?

2»

Re: Who makes the best lip stain?

• Options
    Ahhhhhh this is when I despise living in a smallish town. We don't even have a Macys in our mall. Maybe Jcpenny has it? I may have to take my chances and just bite the bullet and order one without trying it.
    Some JCPenneys have a Sephora makeup department!  Although I haven't seen YSL in the JCPenney ones.  Maybe you can call and ask?  Or order online and just read up on their return policy.  I would imagine return shipping would be super cheap because the package would be so light.
    Well I'll just take a quick trip during lunch and see if they have it! If not, I'll just order one and see how it goes. I asked V how he felt about lip stains and he said that i don't even know what that is. Is it like wood stains but you just put it on your lips?
  • Options
    Ahhhhhh this is when I despise living in a smallish town. We don't even have a Macys in our mall. Maybe Jcpenny has it? I may have to take my chances and just bite the bullet and order one without trying it.
    Some JCPenneys have a Sephora makeup department!  Although I haven't seen YSL in the JCPenney ones.  Maybe you can call and ask?  Or order online and just read up on their return policy.  I would imagine return shipping would be super cheap because the package would be so light.
    Well I'll just take a quick trip during lunch and see if they have it! If not, I'll just order one and see how it goes. I asked V how he felt about lip stains and he said that i don't even know what that is. Is it like wood stains but you just put it on your lips?
    I'm dying.  DYING.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    JCbride2015 Oh yeah thats my guy haha. He is so awesome but so oblivious about things. He called my belts that I put around my waist, "belly belts".
  • Options
    Food coloring! But it lasts forever. I use 25 drops red to a 1/2 drop blue. For lighter tint, I dilute with water and blot with tissue. I usually go full strength and apply whatever chap stick I have on hand as needed. It's pretty intense, but I've got Lara Pulver/Dita von Teese coloring so I love wearing intense colors.
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Hey, he has the right idea :)

@Musikalbunni, your little man is adorable. What is his name? How old is he?
  • Options
    Loving this thread! I've used the Cover Girl stains for years, mostly because they're easy to find, but have been looking for new options. FI does NOT like lipstick. He prefers something kiss proof.
  • Options
    Food coloring! But it lasts forever. I use 25 drops red to a 1/2 drop blue. For lighter tint, I dilute with water and blot with tissue. I usually go full strength and apply whatever chap stick I have on hand as needed. It's pretty intense, but I've got Lara Pulver/Dita von Teese coloring so I love wearing intense colors.
    How do you apply that? I would totally try this!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    ElcaB technically he is right! He is one smart cookie but not when it comes to girl things. He thinks I have enough shoes, silly man there is no such thing. 
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

How do you apply that? I would totally try this!

I use gel color, so I line like it's going out of style, then just a lip brush if full or qtip if dilute.
  • Options
    I found one i love, its called liquid petal by est lauder! I think its pretty awesome and I love it! I tried the ysl and they didn't really look right on me. Thanks for answering all my questions guys!
  • Options
    ElcaB technically he is right! He is one smart cookie but not when it comes to girl things. He thinks I have enough shoes, silly man there is no such thing. 
    oh my dear friend, that is not just a girl thing. You should see the number of shoes my FI has. Track shoes, indoor soccer shoes for futsol and two different types of turf, outdoor soccer shoes, cow mucking shoes, hunting shoes, hiking shoes, quite a few nice tennis shoes, running shoes, ratty tennis shoes (for lawn work apparently), dress shoes for various types of suits. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pinkshorts27 that's pretty impressive! I try to explain how shoes have different purposes and seasons ect. V just laughed at me and said he has one pair of shoes thats ALL seasons and ALL purposes. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get him nice shoes one day soon! All of his clothes besides the things I bought him are at least 10 years.
  • Options
    pinkshorts27 that's pretty impressive! I try to explain how shoes have different purposes and seasons ect. V just laughed at me and said he has one pair of shoes thats ALL seasons and ALL purposes. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get him nice shoes one day soon! All of his clothes besides the things I bought him are at least 10 years.
    Thanks :) My FI likes shoes and I like shoes, it is a problem. But on the plus side, his dad gets Nike passes (we're from OR) all the time so he gets his soccer and runners half off. He is also super picky about his shoes and keeping them clean, it is quite fun to tease him about!  Though FI also has a ton of clothes and he keeps them nice so he doesn't get rid of them as fast as the holidays come and all his dad buys him are clothes and shoes. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Musikalbunni said: I actually use the lip color burst pencils from Revlon. Wore it one my wedding day and it stayed put most of the day. 
    I got the Honey one of these and I
    haaaaated it. The stain was more of a kool-aid red than the initial mauve when I used it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    pinkshorts27 See that's how V is too. He is able to keep all of his stuff new looking while I just sent 9 things to the dry cleaners and I have more stuff to repair. I blame being clumsy! For me to ever buy V anything, it either has to be a holiday or a reallyyyy good deal.

Plus I'm thinking of buying him some nice looking things too. He doesn't have much and he is graduating this upcoming school year so I have to get my butt in gear!  So i'm always on the lookout for sales. But he is very picky about guitars, he has 9 or 10 in the guest room! At least for my ears, he is pretty good.
  • Options
    @buttercup1958 depending on your budget, you might want to look into a guitar by Parker Fly. They're pretty expensive, but they have excellent features and are just all around really awesome guitars. My dad is big into guitars, and he'd wanted a Parker Fly since I was a kid, so we got him one for his 50th. He was absolutely BLOWN. AWAY. by how cool it was and how well it played.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery Thanks! I was thinking as a graduating present a nice guitar, along with a nice suit and dress shoes. I may accidentally kill him with shock ha. But I think he deserves it, he has a 3.98 gpa and the nicest guy ever. He even indulges me when I ask him about outfits and whatnot. He isn't walking because he hates anything ceremonial but I refuse to let him get away without having some special treatment for that day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards