Snarky Brides

Colors are confusing.

Way back when we first started planning, my FI and I were discussing wedding colors.  He said he didn't really care, but he didn't want purple.  His exact words were, "I dunno, purple seems like a fat color.  I feel fat wearing it."  OK, whatever sweetie.  We'll go with blue.

Fast forward to last night, where he tells me he ordered tuxes.  Yay!  I asked him about them, and he told me his will be the classic black and white, while the groomsmen have colored vests.  What color?

Purple.

I just stared at him.  "Ha ha, you're joking, right?"

"No....why?"

"...."

Oh hun.  Good thing he's cute.
Anniversary

Re: Colors are confusing.

• Ha! I also hate purple. It isn't a good color for me. We had a fall wedding so our colors were mostly just...autumny. Dark reds, silver/gray, and then oranges/reds/etc.

Shopping for dresses...Husband goes "you're getting purple, right?"

WHAT? "I thought you said purple." 

To be fair, I do like dark purples, more wine-like purple. But still, there was no purple in my wedding. Oh, our men...
  • So.....is purple one of your wedding colors? Because I am confused why he would order purple otherwise. And I am confused why purple would be one of your colors if he said he hates it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm confused as to why he's already shopping for tuxes when you haven't pinned down decor enough to have a color scheme...unless you're not having a color scheme?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AddieCake said:
    So.....is purple one of your wedding colors? Because I am confused why he would order purple otherwise. And I am confused why purple would be one of your colors if he said he hates it.

KGold80 said:
    I'm confused as to why he's already shopping for tuxes when you haven't pinned down decor enough to have a color scheme...unless you're not having a color scheme?
    I think, based on context, that they were talking about colors and decided against purple because of him not liking it, so they decided blue. Then he ordered tuxes, forgot that he decided against purple and had the guys order that. She is facepalming because he forgot that they chose blue and he was the reason they decided against purple. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup, exactly what @pinkshorts27 said!  Sorry I didn't explain it clearly, that's what I get for trying to post while multitasking at work.
    Anniversary

• Oh okay! Haha!

Well, shouldn't be too hard to fix, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Nope, not a difficult thing to fix at all!  And much less egregious than what I did last night (somehow managed to muck up opening a bottle of wine and ended up with cork in our chardonnay :(  )
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards