Plus-Sized

DHgate or Light in the Box

2»

Re: DHgate or Light in the Box

• BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't nobody take that smile from ya!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • @KD+AR I love love love your dress and it's exactly what I'm looking for!

• I just wanted to chime in--I bought my dress from DressilyMe.  I know many are opposed to chinese sellers, but I know others appreciate hearing real experiences.  

While it is definitely a risk to order online, I have to say I'm incredibly impressed with the quality for the price.  I wanted a Justin Alexander dress, but I didn't want to buy it from the dress shop that I tried it on at (in a tiny size), so I figured $300 was not very much to risk if it was a mess and I had to order the real dress.  It was very good.  I looked at tons of reviews on the project wedding thread with before and after pictures.  For me, it was really fun to get the dress fast, rather than having to wait 6+ months from a traditional designer.  I had my dress 12 days after I placed my order (WOW).  In the end, there were definitely some lessons learned (wished I'd padded my measurements a bit, thought more about alterations, etc...).  My mom is doing some pretty heavy duty alterations to the dress because of poor choices I made in ordering, but the dress was very well made (my mom is a very talented seamstress and has partially deconstructed it and is amazed with how well it was made for the time and money spent).  

I paid $279 for my dress (including shipping and custom size charges).  It fit out of the box and I would have had no alterations done to it, except I wanted the sleeves longer, so my mom is completely remaking them.  DressilyMe even sent extra fabric to match so that we can re-make the sleeves.

As with any copy, it was not the *exact* dress (the lace on mine was obviously going to be different), but it was very close.  As long as you don't have your heart set on the *exact* designer dress, I think it is a good option.  
  • I just wanted to chime in--I bought my dress from DressilyMe.  I know many are opposed to chinese sellers, but I know others appreciate hearing real experiences.  

While it is definitely a risk to order online, I have to say I'm incredibly impressed with the quality for the price.  I wanted a Justin Alexander dress, but I didn't want to buy it from the dress shop that I tried it on at (in a tiny size), so I figured $300 was not very much to risk if it was a mess and I had to order the real dress.  It was very good.  I looked at tons of reviews on the project wedding thread with before and after pictures.  For me, it was really fun to get the dress fast, rather than having to wait 6+ months from a traditional designer.  I had my dress 12 days after I placed my order (WOW).  In the end, there were definitely some lessons learned (wished I'd padded my measurements a bit, thought more about alterations, etc...).  My mom is doing some pretty heavy duty alterations to the dress because of poor choices I made in ordering, but the dress was very well made (my mom is a very talented seamstress and has partially deconstructed it and is amazed with how well it was made for the time and money spent).  

I paid $279 for my dress (including shipping and custom size charges).  It fit out of the box and I would have had no alterations done to it, except I wanted the sleeves longer, so my mom is completely remaking them.  DressilyMe even sent extra fabric to match so that we can re-make the sleeves.

As with any copy, it was not the *exact* dress (the lace on mine was obviously going to be different), but it was very close.  As long as you don't have your heart set on the *exact* designer dress, I think it is a good option.  

You should post the original photo from the website and a photo fo the dress you actually received so people can see what you got.
  • This is the dress I ordered (this is NOT the seller or site I used):  http://www.dhgate.com/product/getProductImages.do?act=getProductImages&itemcode=182602023&pid=ff808081444f68b701446da7ad640b37

I attached pictures of the dress I got, unaltered right out of the box (no crinoline or proper undergarments).

• KD+ARKD+AR member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    So 2 months later, everything had settled down. I have a couple pics of my dress!
    Me and my handsome husband being introduced at the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards