2»

Re: October 2014 brides!

• Options
    jayjaayjayjaay member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Seriously I'm feeling sicker everyday  - 4 mnths now - Ugh
    Anniversary
  • Options

jayjaay, are you still worried about the DDB?

I feel in a good place at the moment, although I'm worried that two of my close friends won't come due to money (which is totally fair enough), but I'd love them to be there.

• Options
    jayjaayjayjaay member
    @nicolajane81 I dont know - I mean everything is all set pretty much I just think the lack of excitement among my mother and sister is disturbing me. I suppose I just need to get over it. that it's their issues not mine. I truly don't even want my sister to go at this point. She constantly is throwing digs at me and I just can't take it anymore. They haven't begun to look for dresses all they do is complain about money and I told all of them they do not have to come. I do not want this as a burden on anyone. I totally understand if people can not come. it really is okay with me. All I want is me and my HTB. They're just making me feel terrible.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jayjaayjayjaay member
    dbacksgirl I have DJ Godzilla 2 and his package is so reasonable it's ridiculous! Email him and he will send a price list :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jayjaay said:
    @nicolajane81 I dont know - I mean everything is all set pretty much I just think the lack of excitement among my mother and sister is disturbing me. I suppose I just need to get over it. that it's their issues not mine. I truly don't even want my sister to go at this point. She constantly is throwing digs at me and I just can't take it anymore. They haven't begun to look for dresses all they do is complain about money and I told all of them they do not have to come. I do not want this as a burden on anyone. I totally understand if people can not come. it really is okay with me. All I want is me and my HTB. They're just making me feel terrible.
    I know it's hard, but I would just stop talking about the wedding with them at this point. If they don't buy dresses, then that's on them. They're adults and know what needs to be done. 
  • Options
    i'm sorry jayjaay! that's what is going on with my family, i just stopped talking to the people who snubbed us 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @jayjay i completely understand how you feel. we wanted to do vegas for us - it made the most sense to us. i hope they start getting excited for you. i feel like all my bridesmaids are too busy with their lives and haven't really been excited about my wedding. nobody has really asked if i need help with anything. it definitely sucks to not have people in your corner during this process. or feel you have to beg them to be happy/excited/into it for you.
  • Options
    We're the11th too! Our ceremony is at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel, dinner at The Wicked Spoon (Cosmo) and our after party is in the wraparound terrace suite. Last piece of our puzzle is limos but the rest is booked! We have 55 in attendance total but I dont expect everyone to come up to the suite. I wemt with a short 60s style dress, trying to channel Priscilla!
  • Options
    When are you guys having your rsvp dates on invites?
  • Options
    Wedding is October 17.  Right now, I have RSVP date as September 1st.  I haven't printed anything yet though so it could change.  I figure that gives a little extra time to finalize head counts for Meet & Greet, etc.  I'll be curious to see what the other knotties have for theirs though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jayjaayjayjaay member
    j3nnmack3y  Mine is June 13 for my 1st batch of invites and my second set is Sept 1st - Yes I know horrible that I have a "A" and "B" list but, I had to invite certain family members 1st even though I know they would say no and then invite the people I really want to come - I know I know don't yell at me it's terrible I know.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jayjaayjayjaay member
    @j3nnmack3y also thank you for the support :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    i'm prepping my invites tonight! i have a june 30th rsvp date. just trying to see where i fell in line with everyone else. i think a majority of people have already made up their mind and by july i can start finalizing dinners and lunches we plan on paying for. it's hard when i don't really know who all is coming - for sure. i don't want to rule anyone out and then they have planned all along. a lot of people keep asking me what local events i'm going to do so they can attend since vegas is out of the question. i think i might do a bridal shower/pre bachlorette in july. anyone doing anything similar?
  • Options
    keoziekeozie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    One of the biggest reasons we decided on Vegas was b/c our families weren't budging on their list and it got super out of control guest wise.  I think our final supper list was going to be 230 and there was so much stress even in the first week we started planning a traditional at home wedding because I felt like it wasn't about the two of us anymore.  So, we threw our hands up and decided on Vegas and left an open invitation on the table for anyone wanting to go. So we have 45 of our very closest friends and family coming with us but feel like we can't ignore the rest of the list.   So, we booked a hall that holds 300 people and a decorator.  A month after our Vegas wedding we are having a traditional reception at home where our parents can go nuts and invite whoever they want.  I'm not complaining I get to put my dress on again!  It's just going to be a 9-1am time slot and hope that everyone comes ready to dance all night.  Ordering a pile of pizzas to serve as a late night snack b/c that's just how we do!
  • Options
    jayjaayjayjaay member
    keozie That is sooo Awesome!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Everything is booked. Looking like 80 guests on October 11 at the Primrose Courtyard in the Wynn. Reception in the Ritrovo room at Carmine's in Caesar's Forum Shops with DJ Godzilla & a Frank Sinatra impersonator! Also meet & greet the night before at El Segundo Sol. Can't wait
  • Options
    171014171014 member
    First Comment Name Dropper
    @amyp1021‌ loving the Frank Sinatra impersonator! Wasn't planning on doing the FOB and MOG dances but my soon to be mother in law is really into it. So i either have to have dinner in a space we can stay for some dancing or was thinking of extending our time at the Primrose Courtyard by an hour and doing a champagne toast and some dances before we head to dinner and extending photog time another hour. But i was thinking it would be fun to have an Elvis impersonator or singer to sing the songs rather than use a recording. Have you seen your impersonator live or going by recommendations?
  • Options
    171014171014 member
    First Comment Name Dropper
    And Congrats on your upcoming wedding! AmyP1021
  • Options
    any one else getting anxious we are almost in double digit countdowns! i have 109 days left!!
  • Options
    I am excited!  I just drove back from Vegas tonight!  I had a cake tasting, met with Beth at Maggiano's again, met with wedding coordinator at Venetian, handed off a bunch of decor to my DOC and had my HAMU trial!  Shit's getting REAL now! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    km8706 said:
    We're Oct 11th! We're doing ceremony at Little Church of the West chapel and reception dinner at Scarpetta in the Cosmo. I still have to book a club for after dinner and limo for travel to/from ceremony. Working on dress now too! Are you guys doing shirt or long dresses? I can't decide!
    We're October 11th as well :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    October 17th.  One month from today!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards