Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday UO/II/Confessions

Re: Tuesday UO/II/Confessions

• Options
    II: I'm a week late for my TOTM and I'm really annoyed by how freaked out BF is about it. I took a pregnancy test (not pregnant) and he KNOWS that since I went off birth control my cycle is going to go back to being a little off sometimes.

• Options
    @Dignity100 I wore flats at my wedding (even for pictures!) and my sister wore Toms after the ceremony. Do what you gotta do. Also, my shoes STOLE THE SHOW cause they were red. So I mean, who cares if they're comfy?
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @BreMR my parents were evil lol and we were only allowed to have one birthday party with friends (when we were in kindergarten was the BIG ONE) - this amazingly cut down on a lot of our asking for more parties, lol.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @phira Thank you! I'm familiar with the other acronyms but couldn't figure out II for the life of me.

@TwoDimes I couldn't stand The Office either at first, and now it's one of my all-time favorite shows. You have to get past the second-hand embarrassment from Michael, and then it's suddenly hilarious.

@hummingbird125 I used to do that with the scale too. It's hard not to become obsessed! 

II: BF is insisting on buying me a birthday present. We're moving in July, he's already paid my portion of our trip to Cancun (and refuses reimbursement), and at some point this year we're getting engaged. Holy expensive events, Batman! I suggested that he consider Cancun my present, but he insists that is separate. I then suggested that whatever dinner he buys me be considered the present, and he said that won't fly. I'm happy that he's trying to be gallant and everything, but dude. I don't want to spend money frivolously. I will 100% be fine with my birthday being a non-event. No lies!

II: I have silly meetings every day this week. I had two this morning, a two-hour all-staff meeting tomorrow, a training meeting for some new software on Thursday, and then I'm apparently participating in interviewing candidates for a new position on Friday and Monday. When do I get stuff done???

Confession: I actually like working out and eating right. Don't get me wrong, I crave junk food once a week or so, but I love how I feel and look when I work out and eat clean. It's become an addiction. Pretty sure I still have body dysmorphic disorder to some extent, but I think most avid gym goers do. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Dignity100 I'm wearing TOMS during my wedding. No shame. I'd rather be comfy, plus they're the cute crocheted ones.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I wore flats at my wedding AND changed into flip flops towards the end of the reception. 

• Options
    OH I have another II

So if you get to this board by clicking on "Communities" and the page where the whole list comes up, there is a "Community Picture of the Day." 

It's been the SAME FUCKING PICTURE for like a year. Seriously, TK? 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @Blue & White @severmilli12 - I really want the heels for the pictures/ceremony so I'm closer to FI's height (I also am weird and find heels a little more comfortable than the 'traditional' flat).

@buddysmom80 - where are you going shopping for Bridesmaid dresses?  I only have 1 person in my bridal party but I gotta get on the bandwagon!  I went looking for a special occasion dress and there was very little 'color' to choose from, so now I'm thinking of trying to go to Alfred Angelo or David's with my MOH.  Not sure where else would be able to get us a dress in one of the 'approved' colors in 4 months.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @dignity100 I'm going to Alfred Angelo since I got my dress there, they get $25 off their gowns.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Confession: The other day when we went out to lunch, FI went BSC over some baby stroller that another diner had. Outwardly, I side-eyed the whole situation, but on the inside I was happy that he's excited to have kids and buy cool shit for them. The stroller had daytime running lights!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

II: I sprained my ankle this past Saturday and now I most likely can't wear cute high heels to dinner for my cousin's Bachelorette party this weekend.

Totally rational irritation: engineers who lack common sense. I have an effing air cast on my foot and am limping everywhere. I am not going to move out of your way and risk hurting myself more when you are fast walking right at me and can quickly walk around me! So stop giving me a dirty look for not moving out of your way you a-hole.

• Options

Now that I think I get what these letters mean...

II:  New car smell. YUCK!  Driving a rental today and it's giving me a headache.

UO:  I think this board as a whole is way overboard with the "engaged or not" debate.  Technically none of us should be according to the title, and if you are not starting to think about getting engaged or your wedding, you don't really have business here, IMO!

Confession:  Today TK started saying I've been here for 6 years... Yay me?? lol

Confession 2: I should stop by and see my nephew while I'm traveling today, but I'm more interested in getting home earlier to see my SO.  Also, my nephew is having a big 1 year bday party in a month!  My sister is annoyed that I think it's silly.

• Options
    @bethsmiles my TOTM was like 5 weeks late (possibly due to wedding stress?) and H didnt even care lol. I bought pregnancy tests, took one, etc and he was all chill lol. He must know so much about womanly functions now that he lives with me and I tell him everything lol
  • Options
    @bethsmiles my TOTM was like 5 weeks late (possibly due to wedding stress?) and H didnt even care lol. I bought pregnancy tests, took one, etc and he was all chill lol. He must know so much about womanly functions now that he lives with me and I tell him everything lol
    To be fair now would be a very, very bad time for us to get pregnant which is why we are crazy careful. I'm more just annoyed that my usually extremely rational BF is being incredibly irrational about this.

• Options
    To be fair now would be a very, very bad time for us to get pregnant which is why we are crazy careful. I'm more just annoyed that my usually extremely rational BF is being incredibly irrational about this.
    I have the opposite problem. Anytime something is a little off or even if my stomach just hurts, FI is like, "Maybe you're pregnant!" and I'm all like "O_o   Why are you happy about this!? It would be HORRIBLE timing."

I'm glad he wants kids but like seriously, hold your horses.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I have the opposite problem. Anytime something is a little off or even if my stomach just hurts, FI is like, "Maybe you're pregnant!" and I'm all like "O_o   Why are you happy about this!? It would be HORRIBLE timing."

I'm glad he wants kids but like seriously, hold your horses.
    BF is very much a ducks in a row person. That's why we aren't engaged yet. He kinda freaks out if things happen before he has all his ducks lined up.

• Options
    @bethsmiles I'm the sammmme way.
    Anniversary

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Confession: I paid a portion of the deposits on my bridesmaids dresses because I spent a sleepless night stressing over how a couple of the girls were going to afford them...even though everyone was ok with the price and loved the dress. Now I'm irritated that everyone hasn't ordered their dress yet and we only have til Thursday to do it!

Confession: I think the BM dress is pretty but I think @southernpeach89 looked fucking gorgeous in two other dresses that two of the other girls didn't 100% care for because they have different tastes. I still want to change the dress order and order one of the other dresses that my beautiful sister looked absolutely amazeballs in!

UO: I don't always think all of your BMs have to be the person you'd call to hide a body. Two of my BM's are my FSILs. I like them a lot and I think we are developing a good relationship...but I'm definitely not about to call them to hide a body...not yet anyway. However, never in a million years would I have not asked them to be BM. They are important to me and to my FI and I want them to be a significant part of our day.

II: I'm fat. My pants are too tight and yet I've been saying we're going to join a local gym for three weeks now and we STILL haven't gone.

• Options
    II & Confession: I'm craving Mexican food and alcohol. I don't really know why.
    Anniversary

• Options
    II:  eating a ton of sugar makes me feel awful.  I ate a ton of sugar today.  now I feel like crap and I'm irritated/annoyed (maybe rationally?) that I ate all that junk while knowing I'd pay for it later.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Confession: @LaPeanut1018 I'm fat, too. I've been alternating the same two pairs of jeans for a few months now because I'm too broke and proud to buy new jeans in a size up.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @LaPeanut1018 & @phira - same here.  :(  combination of a ton of medications + no exercise because I've been so sickly + eating my emotions = my clothes really don't fit.  sigh.
  • Options
    Confession: Today I wish I was still renting because then it would be someone else's job to clean up all the damn water from the basement.

Confession/II: I don't have too much of a leg to stand on, but my dad and FI both mowed the lawn this weekend (you could have lost a 4-year-old in the back yard). Would it have been too much to ask for one of them to put the damn downspouts back so that we didn't get water? Or were at least less likely to?

II: The previous owners of the house took the inserts for the TP holders. Seriously, who does that? Stupid shit like that is driving me crazy right now.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @LaPeanut1018 & @phira - same here.  :(  combination of a ton of medications + no exercise because I've been so sickly + eating my emotions = my clothes really don't fit.  sigh.
    EMOTIONS ARE DELICIOUS OKAY
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Confession: One of my closest friends from college just texted to say she was preggers. She said she's on the pill and the doctor said it was 1% baby. I'm now/temporarily terrified of having sex. Happy for her and everything, but oh. my. gawd. 

• Options
    Confession: Today I wish I was still renting because then it would be someone else's job to clean up all the damn water from the basement.

Confession/II: I don't have too much of a leg to stand on, but my dad and FI both mowed the lawn this weekend (you could have lost a 4-year-old in the back yard). Would it have been too much to ask for one of them to put the damn downspouts back so that we didn't get water? Or were at least less likely to?

II: The previous owners of the house took the inserts for the TP holders. Seriously, who does that? Stupid shit like that is driving me crazy right now.
    My parents bought a new house and the previous owners crazy ex-wife took all the TP holders (the whole thing, not just the insert!) and mirrors out of the house.

• Options
    Confession: One of my closest friends from college just texted to say she was preggers. She said she's on the pill and the doctor said it was 1% baby. I'm now/temporarily terrified of having sex. Happy for her and everything, but oh. my. gawd. 
    You just reminded me to take my BCP.  I was 5 hours late.  THANK YOU.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes, @bethsmiles - I wish they would have taken all the TP holders because they would have been easier to replace. Thankfully Lowe's sells universal inserts because not only were the inserts taken, they were the stupid tiny peg inserts so they were harder to find.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards