September 2014 Weddings

Are you guys doing a rehearsal dinner? Did you book it yet?

I'm not planning on having a rehearsal at the venue. We only have 2 BM/ 2 GM and they've been in weddings, they know how to walk down an aisle. But I still think it would be really nice to have dinner with them and our parents and siblings. I want to keep it cheap but I don't have room to host in my home and neither do our parents. So I think I'm going to do a pizza restaurant that we all love. It's a nice sit down place with real meals too (not just a grimey looking pizza joint). I think I'm going to pre-order all the pizza, salad, soda so that I can control the cost and not have people ordering steaks and such. I haven't booked it yet, will probably call in another month or two. (The timeline checklists say to book it at like 6 months out but that seems ridiculous for 20 people at a pizza place lol.)What about you, what's the plan??

Re: Are you guys doing a rehearsal dinner? Did you book it yet?

• We're having a rehearsal dinner but (gulp) haven't booked it yet. Aside from wedding rings, that's the last big thing on the checklist. We've been waffling between doing an immediate family/WP only dinner (typical for my fam) or inviting all the out of towners (typical for FI's fam). On my day off Thursday I'm going to check out a couple places for the big blowout and see if they can accommodate such a large party (about 69 people). If not, that might make our decision easier. 

If it's going out for pizza thought, I think you're totally fine. TK's checklist can be a little over zealous (such as their suggestion to send out invite 3 months before the wedding).
  • @simky906 Holy cow, yours is larger than my wedding guest list lol

• Tell me about it! FI has an enormous family and he's really very close with all of them. It's a good thing I love him!
  • We are, but we haven't booked it.  We know where we are having it but FI and his dad haven't went and talked to the restaurant yet.  They plan on doing it this month sometime.
    Anniversary

• No rehearsal dinner for us. We're not having a bridal party and it's just me and my dad walking down the aisle so we didn't really see the need to have a rehearsal. I might try and get the parents together the night before to have dinner with FI and I but it would be super casual (like a cookout at our house or something).

• @ckel24 I think you're in the Boston area, what part? I am near Worcester.

• @jenna8984, nope, not Boston. WNY here. Though I did go to Boston a couple of years ago and absolutely fell in love. I had friends that moved out there to work at Wegmans when it first opened and they lived in Worcester. I've been dying to go back to visit again.
  • Ughhhh this has been the bane of my wedding planning existence. Yes we're having one, no it's not booked. I can't find anywhere decent and relatively close by within budget and it's driving me bananas.

• We haven't booked it yet either. I am glad I am not the only one.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We aren't doing a rehearsal at the venue, much like @jenna8984.  I was originally just planning to have the bridal party (and spouses), and our parents to our house for a bbq or pizza, because of our budget.  Instead FMIL said they will pay for a dinner at a restaurant.  So we are having a buffet dinner in a private room at a local Italian restaurant.  We picked the menu yesterday, FMIL should be booking this week.
  • We have had it planned for awhile, but only because it will take place downstairs in the hall of the church where we are getting married. My FI's aunt really wants to cook for everyone and is planning the whole thing. Afterward, we plan on heading to a local bistro/bar with the wedding party and their S/O's to hang out, have a drink or two, and then head our separate ways until the wedding.
  • i think we will just do a Rehearsal if i can get the space from the venue and then go party afterwards its one of my BM birthday the day before i want to take her out.... 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We just booked our location and are debating between two caterers. I'm kind of excited, instead of the two hours my photographers were going to do of bridal portraits, they are taking two hours of photos at the rehearsal instead! 
  • @kasmith1 That's awesome! My photographer is a close friend who I am flying in to do it for half her normal rate. Since she's staying at my house she will definitely be coming to the rehearsal and I imagine she will take a few pics even though it's not necessary. mandatory for her to do so :)

• Just booked mine today, for some reason rehearsal dinner and transportation are the two things that didn't go exactly as planned when requesting quotes and getting availability information. Checked one more thing off the list! Only problem is to do list is only getting larger as we get closer!
  • We have ours set - but my in-laws are partial owners of a restaurant so we're able to get a good deal, I believe. We're planning for ~40 people or so.
  • I gave up. FMIL generously offered to host it at her house... it's further away than I wanted to be, but I just don't care anymore. :-p 

• @lolo883 I think you & I hit the "no fucks given" mindset around the same time. I just want this day to come and be over and I don't care about any details anymore. It has really been put into perspective how crazy it is to do and plan and spend all of this for ONE day. I started with a low budget but now I'm wishing I had done it even lower lol.

• jenna8984 said:
    @lolo883 I think you & I hit the "no fucks given" mindset around the same time. I just want this day to come and be over and I don't care about any details anymore. It has really been put into perspective how crazy it is to do and plan and spend all of this for ONE day. I started with a low budget but now I'm wishing I had done it even lower lol.
    @jenna8984 seeeeeriously I'm just done. lol. We have a pretty high budget because our guest list is huge (270-ish) but now I'm so over it. Potted succulents and mini coffee bags for favors? Nope, jelly beans. Done. Custom made photo backdrop? Nope. Welcome bags? You're on thin ice.

I DID just get a voicemail though saying my dress came in today! So that has me squee-ing. :) 100 days to go!

• We are hitting up a local restaurant. Part of me wants every thing planned. Part of me said 'lets just hit a pub up and eat pub food'

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards