Ohio-Cleveland

Food Truck Wedding

kat6911kat6911 member
First Comment
edited June 2014 in Ohio-Cleveland
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this subject.  We are looking into having an outdoor/food truck wedding.  The problem is that we are having trouble finding an outdoor facility that will allow food trucks.  It has become such a hard find that we have also started looking into renting land (beach, field, yard, farm) and throwing up a tent.  If anyone has done anything similar or knows anyone, please help us.  Thanks.

PS. This is for the reception

Re: Food Truck Wedding

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    How many people are you expecting for your reception?
  • kat6911kat6911 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2014
    No more then 150, probably around 125
  • mlg78mlg78 member

That seems like a lot for a food truck to handle.  Will they make all of the stuff in advance and it will be served like a normal reception or do people actually have to go up to the food truck and get their own food?  How do you envision this working?

• Love the idea of a food truck but I have to agree with PP. I have concerns on how long dinner will drag on because of how long it takes them to prepare the food. I know when we had a food truck at work for an event, at the rate they were able to prepare the food, we had to wait 30 minutes in line to get food. Not sure if I would want to start eating 30 minutes or more after dinner started at an event. Before working too hard to find a place find a food truck you want to go with, find out if they can handle a reception that large and how long dinner service would take. They might have recommendations on venues they have served at before. Have you tried any city facilities that are available for rent or any of the local metroparks?
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    I would find a food truck and simply ask if they would cater an event as opposed to making it a "food truck reception"... Quite honestly, I don't want to get dressed up for a wedding and have to stand in line for food from a food truck.  I've seen some people use a food truck for a late night snack at the end of the reception, however...
  • It would be multiple trucks....like 4
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    How will you handle alcohol and other beverages?  This seems chaotic and not like a fun wedding to attend to me...
  • We really just don't want traditional wedding food like chicken marsala and prime rib, and we aren't trying to break the bank. This thread was meant for trying to find the proper venue for food trucks. Sorry if the style does not suit your tastes
  • That's cool to have more then one truck. I know there use to be one, not sure if there still is, but if you can find one that specializes in desserts. Or East Coast Custard has a mobile truck that they serve ice cream from if you want something different. My company uses them a few times a years and they provide great service.

Try places that don't provide any type of catering at all like city buildings or parks (local/state/natl). Not sure what area of cleveland you are looking for. Also check out VFW halls or even some of the Italian, Irish or German clubs in the area. I know you said outside, but many of these types of venues have building but then outside picnic areas too. This way way if you feel the need to change to indoors to due extreme weather (gotta love Cleveland weather) you will have that option. Is there a certain area of Cleveland you are looking to stay in?

• I'm not familiar with the Cleveland area to recommend somewhere specific, but can you rent a pavilion at a park or something and have the food trucks park in the parking lot (obviously the pavilion would need to be close to the parking lot for this to work)? You could just rope off some area so people don't park there or have them there before everyone arrives and people could walk over to the trucks to get their food and then back to the pavilion.
  • If it is just the idea of not wanting regular old wedding food, I'd probably search for a caterer who will make the foods you choose. I've never hired one, but I don't envision a food truck being budget friendly. If it's the idea of wanting food trucks, because you like, and want food trucks, I would go with hiring one as a late night snack option. As for your ACTUAL question, LOL....I have no clue where you could go with this....a park maybe? There are some good ideas in some of the posts here. Maybe mix them all up and come up with something :) Good luck! I'm lazy, went with the Marriott on w. 150th, everything in one spot, lots of stuff included.
  • Most trucks will do events like a reception but will have in their contact that there only be like 1 other truck there and it not have similar food to them. Just something to keep in mind.

Another thing to keep in mind is that they have a rental fee + the cost of food. It will take a while for food to come out so everyone wouldn't eat at once. Also, some cities don't allow vendors such as food trucks, or they have to have a license.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards