October 2014 Weddings

Fall wedding colors

Hi everyone :) I am getting married in October and am having a hard time choosing colors/flowers. I really want to do a deep eggplant purple and orange, but I'm afraid I can't pull it off. Has anyone seen this done successfully or have any ideas as far as flowers and other decor elements? I was thinking purple bridesmaid dresses with orange bridesmaid bouquets and a purple bridal bouquet. Thoughts?

Re: Fall wedding colors

• I was having the same problem! I wanted vibrant fall colors and a purple (deep burgundy to plum) bm dresses. I had googled the colors together and loved how they looked but was worried it would come across cartoonish, or I wouldn't make the right decisions when it came to "shades". So I actually changed my BM dress color to gray. Now I'm much less concerned with the flower colors because anything is going to go with gray.

To answer you directly, I have seen it done, but I wasn't confident in my ability to do it!
    October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes
  • I'm doing plum and orange for my fall wedding! The BM's got a beautiful dress from David's Bridal in plum.  I'm thinking the orange will be more of the accent color.  There was some great color inspiration on Pinterest. Good luck!
  • Danielle I was going to use orange as the accent color too :) have you figured out what you are going to do for flowers?
  • I feel as though I'm the only October bride not incorporating orange into her wedding at all. It's my least favorite color.. Lol. We have A LOT of colors in our wedding; eggplant purple, aubergine purple, slate gray, burgundy red, bordeaux red, midnight blue, and a heavy emphasis on black! Each of my bridesmaids will be wearing one of those colors and let me just say, choosing shades was not easy lol. Plus I still have no idea what we're doing for flowers! Eeeeek. Any suggestions? LOL
  • Also, not sure how you feel about this, but I think to avoid a cartoonish look either just make sure that the purple and orange are very deep and rustic OR throw in some lavender or lilac and ivory?
  • Jean0715Jean0715 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    @stephalovely Im not including orange. Our colors are navy, gold and ivory. 

For flowers you can have all the girls carry white bouquets and then your bouquet can incorporate all of their dress colors. 
  • I love chocolate brown and neutral tones plus I'm thinking about adding in mint green!
  • I tend to like brighter colors, so I was going to do pink/yellow. But now I'm thinking robin'a egg blue and white.

I dunno. I'm not having a ton of decorations so I haven't given it much thought.
  • I'm actually also doing the dark purple and orange flower color scheme.  Some of my inspiration.

• jennygard said:
    Hi everyone :) I am getting married in October and am having a hard time choosing colors/flowers. I really want to do a deep eggplant purple and orange, but I'm afraid I can't pull it off. Has anyone seen this done successfully or have any ideas as far as flowers and other decor elements? I was thinking purple bridesmaid dresses with orange bridesmaid bouquets and a purple bridal bouquet. Thoughts?
    Yes, my BF did this for her fall wedding and it was stunning.  Orange was just used as an accent color to make the purple pop.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• We are doing chocolate brown, ivory, gold, and bridesmaid dresses are a deep red to pop. 
    I was so torn with colors but these are great fall colors and very romantic. Sometimes reminds me of a chocolate strawberry.  Yumm!!!
  • We're doing your basic fall colors, Apple Red, Burnt Orange, Egg Yellows, Brown and tans. My dress is a beautiful Ivory. 

The girls dress's are apple red. :)
  • We are going with plums, greens (sort of a dirty/darker chartreuse, or olive?), and ivory.  Mainly it's just in the flowers, as I'm not having a wedding party.
  • We are doing navy and ivory. The flowers will be all white with a ton of candles and navy tablecloths. I'm also doing small touches of gold and lilac/periwinkle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards