April 2015 Weddings

weather?

edited May 2014 in April 2015 Weddings
I live in the Midwest where or could be 80 or a blizzard in April..i am really hoping for no snow..any others thinking about the weather?

Re: weather?

• We're getting married on Kent Island which is right on the Chesapeake Bay - basically on the water. MD is incredibly finicky in terms of weather in April... so yes, we're worried, too! We've got a good back up plan, though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married in the Northern Plains, so it could be any kind of weather. We're having an indoor ceremony, crossing our fingers for no blizzards, and hoping that the weather stays clear for traveling guests.
  • Weather in the midwest can be super tough. That's part of the reason that we choose not to get married in our hometowns as we are from IL and WI. Too many risks. Maybe pick later in April. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Typically, the end of April is gorgeous where we are (North of Philly). Everything of ours is inside, except for cocktail hour (guests can be inside or out). Our venue has an awesome outside space that is great in the Spring. Pretty much all should be in bloom as well, and the temperature should be warming up (60's) by then, so fingers crossed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I live in MO so I hear ya with the weather anxiety.  I really wanted to have the wedding at a winery but April could bring any type of weather so we're opting for an indoor day. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm from Ohio, our wedding is the last weekend in April so we are hoping with that in itself, the weather will be nicer than the early April weather. We are getting married outside on the venues flagstone patio overlooking water and if anything happens, they have a trophy room for the rain-out option that can be quickly set up. Additionally, the flagstone patio and trophy room are both being utilized for cocktail hour so guests and go in and out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am crossing my fingers for no rain here on the east coast of Florida. However everyone says to plan for it so i am not to disappointed. The great thing is the storms here usually breeze right pass.

• I am thinking on the weather but just like you I live in Knoxville, TN where it can either be in either be in the 70s and sunny or freezing and snowing. I am hoping for none of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards