Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Jeffrey Miller Catering: are they flexible?

My fiancé and I are currently browsing venues for our wedding next spring (no date yet). We recently visited Tyler Arboretum and the Anthony Wayne house, both of which we LOVED. The lady showing the properties told us that Jeffrey Miller is the exclusive caterer. We were hoping to pay way less for catering than the quoted price points, since we're planning on a casual, low-to-no-fuss reception.

For those who have experience with this caterer, do you think Jeffrey Miller would be willing to work with our smaller budget or should we start looking somewhere else that doesn't feature JM?

Re: Jeffrey Miller Catering: are they flexible?

• Options
    My fiance and I booked at another Jeffrey Miller exclusive venue, and at first the prices did seem on the higher side of what we were looking for (not drastically more, but definitely not the cheapest that we'd seen).  The menus that we looked at started at about $110/person- although the venue coordinator did say that they were flexible.  Also, they don't charge an auto- 20% gratuity, everyone we spoke with was weirdly anti-grat, but said to tip individually based on service.  That made a big difference for us as far as affordability.  We're pretty psyched that they're our caterer now after reading all of the good reviews and seeing the imaginative menu choices (plus our coordinator is awesome).  It was something that we took into consideration, too, though, because we fell in love with our site (American Swedish Museum) and weren't planning on booking a caterer immediately before learning that it was package deal.  Good luck with your decision!
  • Options
    cspolalescspolales member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2014
    I am planning my wedding next October at the American Swedish Historical Museum and I have Jeffrey Miller Catering also (@kittytango...how amazing is what they've done with the tent and everything at the venue?). So far they've been totally great. Although the menu packages do come standard, from conversations I've had they are flexible.  The added bonus of our venue and working with them is that we can supply our own alcohol, which is a huge $$ saver.  You should contact them and ask the coordinator for that site.  Our coordinator has been absolutely fantastic! She's helped us through the tasting, and answered all of our questions really quickly, especially since we're still a ways away from our wedding.  I highly recommend working with them! Plus, the food is absolutely delicious!
  • Options
    I'm working with JAM for my wedding this May (at the Racquet Club of Philadelphia). It was a little bit pricier than I wanted, but they've been so flexible and respectful of my budget. You also get a personal event coordinator who will be there the day of the event (they basically run the show so you can enjoy, no need to hire a wedding planner). There are lots of different price points for food. And like the last person said- buying your own alcohol is WAY cheaper than open bar options with other caterers (especially if you go to a liquor store in Delaware- no sales tax!)
  • Options
    Another great option that JAM offers is the bistro menu, starting around $101 a person. Not too bad! The bistro menu is very similar to the more expensive options, however, the choices are more limited, and no butlered hors d'oevres. JAM also allows you to use this as your base menu and switch in more expensive options from different menus for your own tailor-made menu. 
  • Options
    We are using JAM Catering for our reception at Waterloo Village in New Jersey. They have been really great working with us to cater to our budget. They gave us a lot of options and were willing to tweak things to our specific requests. Not to mention, the food was fresh, local, and delicious at the tasting! I would highly reccommend their services!
    ~ Chelsea
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards