Catholic Weddings

2014 or 2015 brides?

AKA Is there anyone else out there?

Mine -  Dec. 13, 2014

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 2014 or 2015 brides?

• June 28, 2014. Getting really close!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome!  :)   Not much happening on this board, so hopefully this might get things going again!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Chloeagh said:
    June 28, 2014. Getting really close!
    Ours is July 5th, so a week after yours:)  I can't believe how quickly it's come up!  We had a nearly two year engagement, and I thought it would feel like forever.  Now that we're almost there, though, I have no idea where the time went.
  • Chloeagh said:
    Ours is July 5th, so a week after yours:)  I can't believe how quickly it's come up!  We had a nearly two year engagement, and I thought it would feel like forever.  Now that we're almost there, though, I have no idea where the time went.

Yeah, we had a year and a half long engagement. I can't believe it's finally here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chloeagh said:
    Chloeagh said:

Yeah, we had a year and a half long engagement. I can't believe it's finally here!
    My friend had a six month engagement and got married during the course of our engagement.  So I kept telling myself "Oh my friend did this all in less time that we have left total.  Then we hit six months and I started to panic about getting things done.  Now we're a month out, and I have no idea how she planned everything so quickly!  Yes, her guest list was a lot smaller, but still!

• Chloeagh said:
    Chloeagh said:

My friend had a six month engagement and got married during the course of our engagement.  So I kept telling myself "Oh my friend did this all in less time that we have left total.  Then we hit six months and I started to panic about getting things done.  Now we're a month out, and I have no idea how she planned everything so quickly!  Yes, her guest list was a lot smaller, but still!
    Yeah, I had a friend that did the same thing - expect it was a 5 month engagement. I don't know how big her guest list was, but I know she and her husband had 16 wedding party members! I was so happy I wasn't her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chloeagh said:

Chloeagh said:
    Chloeagh said:
    Yeah, I had a friend that did the same thing - expect it was a 5 month engagement. I don't know how big her guest list was, but I know she and her husband had 16 wedding party members! I was so happy I wasn't her.
    Holy canoli, 16?  My friend had me as her MOH and her now-husband had his sister as his Best Woman.  For my and my FI's wedding we're having 2 people on each side.  However, there was just a wee difference between our guest lists.  She invited 60 people, we're inviting 200....I kind of am envying her that.  We have larger families though, and in the end it's worth it to us to have everyone there.

Not that there's something wrong with a large party. I just did/will be doing the flowers for both weddings, so I can't imagine trying to do 9 bouquets and 9 boutonnieres.  

I found the long engagement to be super helpful with planning our marriage as well as the wedding.  We did our marriage prep before almost all of the planning.  I did not envy my friend the stress of doing both at the same time.  
  • November 14, 2015

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad to see some talk happening here!  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• September 19, 2015
  • June 27, 2015 :D
  • August 2, 2014!
  • Unknown, 2015.  LOL.  Awaiting annulment decision, but likely April -June 2015.
  • June 27, 2015 :)
  • January 31, 2015! 
  • May 16, 2015  :-)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    August 14, 2015
  • We don't have a specific date yet, but July/August 2015!  
  • November 15, 2014! :)

• @chocolateygabs, I came back here and saw that you'd be married now!  Congrats:)  How was everything?  
  • edited August 2014
    @scrunchythief Thanks! It was faaantastic! We literally had a perfect day here in Milwaukee. The day before was thunderstorms, and the next day was too muggy. The day of was sunny and in the mid-high 70's. The ceremony was absolutely gorgeous, and everyone has been complimenting us on how well-organized everything was (score one for the bride and groom!) and how much fun everyone had. My husband's cousin is a music teacher and has done chamber choirs, and we asked her to cantor. She did a beautiful job, as well as our readers and other family members who helped us out during the ceremony. Mentally, I will relive the whole week again and again. Physically, I never want to go through all that again. :-D It was great, but exhausting! Cheers and good luck to the future brides out there. I don't have any electronic copies of the ceremony yet, but here is a picture of my hubby and I at our reception. (or two of the same.  Still trying to figure out the fora here!)
  • I'm now 66 days away, and still have waaaay too much to do!  So excited, though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards