Registry and Gift Forum

Cash Registry

My fiancé and I have decided to do a cash registry.  I'm in search of a good one, low fees, nothing too difficult for our guests, etc.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

Re: Cash Registry

• My fiancé and I have decided to do a cash registry.  I'm in search of a good one, low fees, nothing too difficult for our guests, etc.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!
    Just don't register at all and your guests will take the hint that you want cash.  They will put it in a card and give it to you on your wedding day.  And the kicker...no fees so you actually get all the money rather then a portion of it.

• 1. They all charge fees; there would be no point in them existing if they didn't charge fees. 

2. Do what Maggie said. 

3. Cash registries are one of those things I've heard even non-etiquette-minded people call tacky. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    They all have some kind of fee. Why would you want $93 of the $100 your guest intended to give to you?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't register, most people will give you cash, some will still give physical items because thats what they do.

If you "register" for cash, you lose at least 5-7 percent for "fees" , you still will get physical gifts because thats what people do, and at least one person invited to your wedding will side eye you and either not give or give less because you "registered" for cash.

Just. Don't. Register.

Anniversary
  • I have a suggestion. If you don't need physical gifts then just don't register. Your guest will get the hint that cash is appreciated. Why would you even consider doing a cash registry which is extremely rude? Are your guests not capable of of putting cash/check in a card and give it to you? Please do not insult your guests by treating them like they are stupid. People already know that cash is a great gift and they don't need you to tell them that.
  •  I would definitely side-eye a "cash" registry..

Firstly, because you're going to get a portion of what I intended to give in a card, and secondly, because no registry generally means you'd prefer cash. Cash registry has tacky written *all* over it. 

We also didn't need much when we got married. We made 2 small registries. (We had a lot of OOT guests, and picked 2 stores that were accessible to everyone), for those that will give you gifts whether you register or not. Some people are "gift givers" only, and you might as well have a few things for them to choose from, vs getting random items you might not need/want. We used those same 2 registries for the bridal shower & wedding. Most people picked up on the size of our registry though, and gave cash in cards. I think we only received like 4 physical gifts at our wedding. 

Thing is, there's always things you can register for, that you can always use, established or not. We threw on bedding, bath/kitchen towels, and a few appliance upgrades. You can always use new towels, and extra bedding's always good to have. Most of our appliances were already upgraded, but there were a few things that had newer models out, so we threw those on there--and donated/gave away what we replaced. (ie: Nicer/larger knife set, a new kettle, etc). Nothing crazy. We also registered for new luggage, which we got at the shower, and *love*. 

I think by having a small registry, you're keeping most people happy, and most will get the hint that cash is preferred. :)

*J
  • Suggestion - DON'T DO IT.

We did not register - anywhere. Everyone knows cash is always appropriate, appreciated and often preferred - literally everyone on earth knows this. =o) 
    Some people will want to get you a physical gift - these are not the people who use cash registries. The people who use cash registries are people who would give you a check or cash in a card, but instead think that you will receive the FULL amount they gift you - but you don't, a portion of their gift is diverted in fees. 

But I have good news :) 
    For our wedding the gifts broke down like this: 75% cash or check, 20% gift cards and 5% physical gifts. 
    If you want money or don't need anything don't register. This is the best way to politely suggest folks give you money. I'm telling you from experience ;-) 
     A cash registry is not polite, sorry. There is nothing wrong with saying, when asked where you are registered, we are saving up for the honeymoon (or house or big screen TV or whatever it is you'd like to purchase). GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Hello All!  Thank you so much for your suggestions.  We're going to go with not registering at all.  We combined our homes a few years ago, and we really don't need anything, so would prefer cash.  I've read in a few places that a cash registry was thought of as tacky, etc., but I wasn't sure how to go about saying "we don't need a thing -- just cash us"! ...and I definitely didn't want to offend anyone -- nor did I think my guest were stupid.  I simply was not sure what to do.  

I appreciate everyone's input...take care -- peace & blessings! 
    Thanks for taking the suggestions and advice so well. :) 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • my fiance and I are doing the same thing. Are a lot of research I found presentvalue.com. it does not have any fees, it links right to a bank account. I found it while on broke ass bride.
  • I gave the couple of the last reception I attended $100 cash. I did not see a registry after doing a quick search and I figured that 100 would be equivalent to $50 each for my Fiance and I. I would never gift to somebodies cash registry. If I am going to give cash I will do it in the card I take to the wedding in either cash or check form.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dcaviston said:
    my fiance and I are doing the same thing. Are a lot of research I found presentvalue.com. it does not have any fees, it links right to a bank account. I found it while on broke ass bride.
    Are you sure you can trust a link that connects right to your bank account and has no fees? It sounds like "no fees" is meant to make you want to use them. And by use them, I mean be robbed by them. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    dcaviston said:
    my fiance and I are doing the same thing. Are a lot of research I found presentvalue.com. it does not have any fees, it links right to a bank account. I found it while on broke ass bride.
    Yikes!  You are actually going to give these people access to your bank account?  Red light!
    Cash registries are rude and tacky, but this plan is naive and stupid!  Do they want your social security number, too?  Don't forget to give them your credit card numbers.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • The honeyfund.  The only time there is a few is if your guest decides to send your gift through paypal.
  • The honeyfund.  The only time there is a few is if your guest decides to send your gift through paypal.
    I don't really understand what you are trying to say, but honeyfund and all cash registries are very tacky. 

As stated above, OP realised that cash/ honeymoon registries are rude and trashy and therefore decided to do the polite thing, which is not register. 
    Pretty sure there is a fee associated with honeyfund as well. Unless you use the option where you print out the picture of the thing that you are going to buy then put it in a card along withe the money to pay for it. But that option is dumb because people already know they have the option to put money in a card and then tell you to use it for a fun activity on your HM.

• OP, this is for you.

Anyone suggesting some other way of giving away your guests' hard-earned money toward fees:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards