Moms and Maids

What would you put this on? Gift for Mother-In-Law.

Hi all,

So I am looking into getting my soon to be mother-in-law something as a wedding gift. I know gifts for parents aren't a requirement, but her and I have a very close relationship and she has been a mother to me for the last 10 years. Needless to say, she has played an important role in my adult life. I know she would appreciate anything that I give her. She gets very emotional and I know on the wedding day she will be a happy mess! I found this poem that I would love to giver her:

You are the Mother I received
the day I wed your son.
And I just want to thank you, Mom,
for the things that you have done.

You have given me a gracious man
with whom I share my life.
You are his lovely Mother
and I his lucky wife.

You used to pat his little head
and now I hold his hand.
You raised in love a little boy
then gave to me a man.

I was thinking about having this embroidered onto a handkerchief as I know she will definitely need one on that day. But I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or ideas on what else I can put this on. Thanks!

Re: What would you put this on? Gift for Mother-In-Law.

• You could have it inscribed in calligraphy on nice paper which can then be framed and hung.
  • That's a sweet poem. I think that might be too much to embroider on a handkerchief. You could get a double picture frame, with the inscribed poem on one side and a wedding picture on the other. You and your FMIL are very lucky to have such a great relationship.

• I vote for MariePoppy's idea!  Then mom could see the poem and the picture all at once.
  • Thanks ladies! I agree with the handkerchief idea after thinking about it. It may be too much to put on one. I love the idea of the picture frame and poem and will look into that.

@MairePoppy, yes we are very lucky to have each other!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards