Chit Chat

S/O Songs you hate, turn off etc

smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
edited June 2014 in Chit Chat

So moving on from the cry fest that ways "songs that make you cry"

What songs put your teeth on edge and you always turn off. For me, if anything Stevie Nicks comes on, it gets turned off..especially Rhiannon...my god. I don't particularly care for Lorde, because she thinks she edgy and deep, and she's just weird.

Anniversary

Re: S/O Songs you hate, turn off etc

• I'm really not a fan of punk music (FI loves it), so anything by Rancid, Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, etc...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do y'all remember "How Bizarre"? That song used to play on the radio all the time when I was young. Once my mom and I were in the car and it came on. Ok, no problem, change the channel. Commercial. Commercial. Commercial. Decent song, followed by commercial. Finally we cycle back to the original station and it's still playing. I think it wins for being the worst and LONGEST worst song in history.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • So moving on from the cry fest that ways "songs that make you cry"

What songs put your teeth on edge and you always turn off. For me, if anything Stevie Nicks comes on, it gets turned off..especially Rhiannon...my god. I don't particularly care for Lorde, because she thinks she edgy and deep, and she's just weird.

Blasphemy! We are destined to be mortal enemies.

The Beatles are my number one hatred. I like 'Hey Jude' when someone else sings it. They are not any good. At all. Even worse, they get credited for bringing a whole new 'sound' to music, that was already there.

Anything on a hip hop/rap station I have to immediately turn off. Beyonce. And Metallica. I hate Metallica. They're super overrated.
    yep.. and the bolded is why :( aww but I still love you!
    Anniversary
  • Anything by Pink.  I can't stand her.

I have a love/hate relationship with Pitbull.  I hate his freaking voice.  But he collaborates with awesome singers.  My solution to this is the Kesha Timber remix without Pitbull (it's on Youtube, created by a random person on the internet, and is awesome).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Yes, what @shrekspeare‌ said, just NO to The Beatles.

Also, I can't stand Shakira's Empire song. She sounds like a mountain goat with bronchitis. As a bonus, by googling the name of the song I found out that she runs away from her wedding and her dress gets on fire in the music video. The lyrics sound like they were written by a 7th grader.

Also, Blurred Lines. As soon as I hear those first hideous notes, the radio is switched.

Sometimes I have strong opinions.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate that stupid "happy" song by Pharrell.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Anything by Miley, Beiber, and Chris Brown get changed immediately. As does "Blurred Lines". That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's more.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    Anything by Mariah Carey, Christina Agulera, Britney Speares, Rihanna, Kanye West (I'm gonna expand that and say most rap songs), Bieber, and Taylor Swift. I'm also not the biggest country fan and anything that sounds too twangy gets immediately turned off. Also Beyoncé.

@JCBride2015 OMG! How can you hate Pink? 
  • @SharedJoy‌ that video is terrible. But I love that song.

I change the station any time One Direction is on.

Anniversary
  • I forgot to add, and this is a strange one, David Bowie. It isn't that his music is so terrible, it is just that I find him really really creepy.
  • jdluvr06 said:
    Anything by Mariah Carey, Christina Agulera, Britney Speares, Rihanna, Kanye West (I'm gonna expand that and say most rap songs), Bieber, and Taylor Swift. I'm also not the biggest country fan and anything that sounds too twangy gets immediately turned off. Also Beyoncé.

Sorry @jdluvr06!  It's not her voice I hate so much, I just really dislike most of her hit songs.  I think the songwriting is sort of terrible.

Although I like "Just Give me a Reason."  I give that a pass, though, because Nate Ruess wrote most of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Roar by Katy Perry - For some reason I find it as a rip off of Eye Of The Tiger and Rocky and for that it annoys me (and I don't even like Rocky or Eye of the Tiger that much!).

Anniversary
  • jdluvr06 said:

Sorry @jdluvr06!  It's not her voice I hate so much, I just really dislike most of her hit songs.  I think the songwriting is sort of terrible.

Although I like "Just Give me a Reason."  I give that a pass, though, because Nate Ruess wrote most of it.

Lol. That is too funny. I didn't like that song because of Nate Russ. Ever since I really listened to the song "We Are Young" I haven't been able to stand Fun. If you really listen to the first verse of the song it sounds like the dude hit his girlfriend.
  • Blurred Lines, Anything by Chris Brown, Miley, Bieber, and Rhianna.  I'm sure there are more, most of the stuff on the radio I find to be awful especially the song writing.

Anniversary

• jdluvr06 said:
    jdluvr06 said:

Lol. That is too funny. I didn't like that song because of Nate Russ. Ever since I really listened to the song "We Are Young" I haven't been able to stand Fun. If you really listen to the first verse of the song it sounds like the dude hit his girlfriend.
    @jdluvr06 Hahaha, I think we just have different taste in music.  Fun. is one of my favorite bands!  And yeah, it does make it sound like the guy hit his girlfriend.  I think it's more of a psychological/symbolic scar.  But it's definitely not a lighthearted, happity-do-dah song like some people thing it is.  I think that song is sort of filled with regret and nostalgia.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I can't stand U2, not sure why though, can't stand shaggy but don't hear his stuff now. Country is really the one thing I can't stand , very few country singers I can stand. I know there is a few songs I immediately turn off as soon as the first beat comes on but can't think of their names!
  • The biggest one for me right now is Let it Go from Frozen.  I love Idina Menzel (Adele Dazeem, anyone?) but the song is SOOOOO overplayed, it makes me cringe. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• pinkshorts27pinkshorts27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    TwoDimes said:
    I listen to country, and I CAN'T STAND Keith Urban. When I recognize the first few notes of one of his songs on the radio, I will change the station as fast as I can so that I can turn the song off before he starts singing.

The only exception is his duet We Were Us with Miranda Lambert, because... Miranda Lambert, DUH.  Miranda Lambert's awesomeness outweighs Keith Urban's suckyness.
    This and I hate Rascal Flatts 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just have to add that selfie song! I can hear it out in the kitchen and had to go turn it off.
  • I absolutely hate the new Katy Perry song Birthday. I switch my car radio to "all traffic all the time" when that comes on because listening to the repetitive drone of the traffic guy is better than that song.

Anniversary
  • "Best Song Ever" That song makes me want to bang my head on a dashboard.  If it were actually the best song ever, one would know the name of the song.

"Home" by Daughtry. Every morning when I was a senior in high school driving to school the station I liked played this.  EVERY. MORNING.  At just after dawn, I don't know what kind of person is going home, but it was not me. 

"Treasure" by Bruno Mars.  WAY overplayed.  Not that good to begin with.

I usually don't listen to the radio anymore.  I run my Miranda Lambert cds through my car stereo because constant Miranda is better than the constant commercials that seem to run on any station I can get. 
  • I can not tolerate the radio whatsoever. BUT, in the odd case where I decide to listen to it, any One Direction, Chris Brown, Soulja Boy, Paramore, Nickelback, Daughtry, BuckCherry or Ariana Grande gets the radio turned off.

I'd rather listen to my tired-ass rear brakes make noise.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• SharedJoy said:
    Yes, what @shrekspeare‌ said, just NO to The Beatles. Also, I can't stand Shakira's Empire song. She sounds like a mountain goat with bronchitis. As a bonus, by googling the name of the song I found out that she runs away from her wedding and her dress gets on fire in the music video. The lyrics sound like they were written by a 7th grader. Also, Blurred Lines. As soon as I hear those first hideous notes, the radio is switched. Sometimes I have strong opinions.
    She has a fast vibrato. I saw her in a video from The Voice where she said her music teacher actually told her that once, that she sounded like a goat!

For me, I hate rap. I have yet to find a rap song I like. And I dislike most hip-hop as well.

I generally listen to country. Florida Georgia Lines new stuff.  It's all horrid, in my opinion. Anything by Kacey Musgraves that's on the radio, I hate. Maybe she has decent stuff on the albums, but I have yet to hear anything I like. Most of Miranda Lambert's newer stuff, I'll change the radio when it comes on. 
  • I HATE nicki minaj, Lorde and Rihanna. So much hate. I hate the cop car song by Keith urban (FFIL loves it...ugh). I hate Phish and Primus (FI loooooooves Primus). I hate most music on the pop station these days, especially that Selfie song.

• SharedJoy said:

Yes, what @shrekspeare‌ said, just NO to The Beatles.

Also, I can't stand Shakira's Empire song. She sounds like a mountain goat with bronchitis. As a bonus, by googling the name of the song I found out that she runs away from her wedding and her dress gets on fire in the music video. The lyrics sound like they were written by a 7th grader.

Also, Blurred Lines. As soon as I hear those first hideous notes, the radio is switched.

Sometimes I have strong opinions.

She has a fast vibrato. I saw her in a video from The Voice where she said her music teacher actually told her that once, that she sounded like a goat!

For me, I hate rap. I have yet to find a rap song I like. And I dislike most hip-hop as well.

I generally listen to country. Florida Georgia Lines new stuff.  It's all horrid, in my opinion. Anything by Kacey Musgraves that's on the radio, I hate. Maybe she has decent stuff on the albums, but I have yet to hear anything I like. Most of Miranda Lambert's newer stuff, I'll change the radio when it comes on. 

Awww I love Kasey Musgraves!
  • That stupid, stupid, stupid butterfly song by Crazy Town. Anything by MCR. Oh, and Last Resort. Yuck.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I hate the song Happy by Pharrell Williams. When I hear it, I get angry, not happy. 

I also change the radio every time I hear Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani --- not because I don't like it, but because it was playing when I got pulled over for speeding like, six years ago and now I feel like it has bad juju. 
  • I HATE nicki minaj, Lorde and Rihanna. So much hate. I hate the cop car song by Keith urban (FFIL loves it...ugh). I hate Phish and Primus (FI loooooooves Primus). I hate most music on the pop station these days, especially that Selfie song.
    I dated a guy for 5 years that was OBSESSED with Phish (did we talk about this already? Maybe.) I used to go to shows with him. It was torture. And then last month I found myself downloading two Phish songs..lol. 

I hate anything by Rush, Nickelback, Daughtry. And I don't like country music at all. 
  • Beyonce. Her voice makes my ears bleed. Any hip-hop or rap. Most new country.

• I dated a guy for 5 years that was OBSESSED with Phish (did we talk about this already? Maybe.) I used to go to shows with him. It was torture. And then last month I found myself downloading two Phish songs..lol. 

I hate anything by Rush, Nickelback, Daughtry. And I don't like country music at all. 
    OMFG YES. FUCK RUSH!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards