New York

David's Bridal - Syracuse NY Advice

duhitsdduhitsd member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited March 2014 in New York
If you are going to go wedding dress shopping at the David's Bridal on Erie Blvd in Syracuse, ask for Shannon. She helped me purchase my gown yesterday and she is AWESOME. I didn't feel pressured into making a purchase and she was so sweet. I've heard a lot of bad stories about David's Bridal so I wanted to share the wonderful experience I had yesterday.

I tried on dresses in the morning at David's and did not make any decisions. My family and I went to lunch and had an appointment at Spy Baby Bridal in the afternoon. Every dress I tried on I kept thinking about that first one so I knew it was the one. I went back to David's at around 3pm and it was a ZOO. My mom went to see if the dress we wanted was still on the floor so I could try it on again. Shannon spotted her and even though she was busy with two other brides, she got one of the assistant managers, Di, who found me a fitting room. I rang the bell and went home with my dress since it was on the discontinued rack and was a super awesome price.

If you are thinking about going to David's Bridal in Syracuse, I would absolutely recommend Shannon.
image Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: David's Bridal - Syracuse NY Advice

• Thank you for sharing your positive experience. All I have heard about there is negativity. I am going to go to New York Bride in Syracuse, and then if I can't find something there, I am going to make an appointment for David's Bridal
  • Syracuse Davids Bridal is jam packed on sat and sundays, and sometimes friday nights, if you want a slower, environment go mon-thurs or early mon morning. 
    Cons, they work their employees to the bone, yes they make commission, but if they miss it by a couple hundred they get nothing but their min. wage. pay. I wont be shopping at davids for my bridal party.
    Shannon, and Miranda are AWESOME!
  • I just bought my dress Saturday at David's Bridal. The 3 times I went BEFORE then, I was never helped and always had to have my bridesmaids helped me. I understand that they are busy, but at that point they should only take appointments and no walk-ins. BUT when I went Saturday (I made the appt at 5, which is there last appt and because they were closing at 7, it was NOT busy), Shannon helped me and she was absolutely fantastic. I had picked out 10 dresses, and even though I knew after the first dress, she still helped me and told me all the options to purchase, showed me different veils (both reasonably priced), a few headpieces and NEVER made me feel pressured. It was such a fantastic experience, the first I've actually had there. AND she actually has her own wedding in 3 weeks, so for her to be that calm and helpful was such a breath of fresh air. Not that I think it will make a difference, but I'm writing a letter to David's Bridal to give her a formal compliment.
  • @alicatxo I'm so glad you had a good experience with Shannon and you found your dress!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards