Wedding Woes
Options

Nope

If you send a text today that you are having cake and ice cream Saturday you don't get to be mad that we have plans.  We are already splitting up so DH and 6let can go to tee ball (DH is a coach) and I'm going to my sister's for her daughters birthdays.  They asked first. 

Not that they know this but it's the first time we'll see SIL since her diagnosis.  I don't want to miss it.

Re: Nope

• Options
    Lemme guess...MIL?  

Just roll your eyes and ignore it.  The panties will untwist on their own.  ;) 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    MIL already had her cake and ice cream.  This is BIL that has last minute bailed on darn near every party we've ever had.  Usually the morning of.  The bad part is that I love the daughter.  She's bright and funny and determined and has incredible self esteem.  Her parents just need to teach her a few things.
  • Options
    Oh BIL. He has no room to get pissy.  Ugh.  
  • Options
    I don't necessarily think that it's too short of notice (though being invited over text makes my teeth grind).  

Having said that, getting pissy whenever any guest can't make it is rude.
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    *colossal eye roll*   Some people!  ;)
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    VarunaTT said:
    I don't necessarily think that it's too short of notice (though being invited over text makes my teeth grind).  

Having said that, getting pissy whenever any guest can't make it is rude.
    It's not really the timing or mode of invite as much as the bolded.  We have lives that don't revolve around cake and ice cream over an hour away.
  • Options
    My SIL always texts me the day before she has something going on to invite me to whatever it is, and when I tell her I've already got plans she gets mad! I feel you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member

And this shouldn't be so hard.  We usually go over one day and swim. It's annoying to ME, but everyone else loves it so I do it (she likes to show off to all her friends).  I send an email, "pick a day."

She calls, "what about this or that"
    Me well I have my schedule is on my phone.  I'll check and email you.
    Her: text me

I sent an email, then remembered she wanted a text so texted.  She responds to the email "this really would be easier on the phone.  Call when you get time."  It's not easier unless I write down every little thing on the calendar for the next 3 months.

She's retired and sFIL lost his job in January.  He's content to sit on his ass, so she has to check every date with him.  We are 3 jobless people who can't find a day to spend together.

• Options
    But if your MIL didn't all of that 6, then she couldn't be the biggest pain in the ass in the world.  She's just living up to her duty.  ;) 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

I think I might just contain my annoyances to this post so it's easier to skip.  My mom, sister and I coordinated 6 kids and 2 jobs for 3 different days in 2 emails. 

Also, sFIL is 59 and he's content to sit on social security payments until he dies. He's capable of working, he just doesn't want to.

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2014
    6-I have the same issues with my IL's.  My mom, my sisters, and I are very organized. We make decisions and go with it.  

There's always a lot of hemming and hawing with my IL's and decisions are made and then changed at the last minute.  

FIL tried to get disability when he was between jobs and was denied.  He would have been in the same spot as your sFIL if he did have disability right now.  They're the same age. 
  • Options

My stepmom pulls this kind of crap on me all the time - but usually it's the day of or the night before.  Then she gets pissy when I tell her I can't come, or I feel guilty until I do whatever it is she wants anyway.  It annoys FI to no end.  One reason I'm looking forward to having an 8 hr buffer from my family!  lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards