Iowa-Des Moines
Options

It's been a while!! - Shower Locations?

Hey ladies! I got married in October of last year and haven't been back to post on the boards much, but I hope everyone's wedding planning is going great!

My sister is getting married in June and I am currently trying to find somewhere in DSM/Ankeny area where I can host her shower at. We are planning for around 30 people, and I would prefer somewhere that would let me bring in my own food and cake. Hopefully under $100 to rent?? I'd be open to outdoor places, but would like a shelter and/or rain backup in case of bad weather. Oh, and it's a Breakfast at Tiffany's theme if that helps with any ideas.

Thanks so much ladies!

Re: It's been a while!! - Shower Locations?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi Melissa! How is your little guy doing? Hope things are great with you guys!

What time of day? Morning since it is Breakfast at Tiffany's?
    I mostly just know places in Altoona but here it goes

All day ideas:

Hy Vee in Altoona has an upstairs room that is wonderful! (I don't know about price or food but it is an option) The one in Ankeny may have the same kind of room

Also in Altoona there is Haines park...they have a shelter and a beautiful rose garden.
    Bass Pro Shops has a room that holds 35 people comfortably...it is

Afternoon/Evening ideas:
    Fireside restaurant in Altoona...it is free to reserve the room but you have to buy $50 worth of food there

That is all I can come up with right now...I will keep thinking and let you know what I come up with!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry I didn't finish my post...the Bass Pro Shop room is a $50 rental fee

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, THANK YOU! I had no idea about the Hy-Vee location, but I looked it up online and it sounds PERFECT! Providing they still have dates open for what I need I think that is where I will be booking it. Thank you for your suggestions!

How is your wedding planning going? Can't believe it's already February!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know...time is going by quickly!
    My wedding is almost all planned now...just small stuff left really!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sisters' showers were always held at my parent's house or a church.  They're cheap to rent, if not free, and they let you bring your own food in; they usually have a kitchen too.  My bridal shower will more than likely be in our church.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions girls! I booked the HyVee club room yesterday, and we are going to the bridal show they are holding there on sunday to check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards