Chit Chat

Okay..I *think* I'm good to go!

Happy Friday!!! I'm in for a busy weekend, but it's going to be a good one! 

My H and I are heading OOT tonight, for my dad's *surprise* 50th birthday party this weekend! His bday's today, party's tomorrow. I'm super excited, and pretty sure he has no idea what's going on. If anything, I have him convinced that we're not making it up this weekend, for sure. I'm just hoping I have everything ready! I actually almost forgot to pick up all of the decorations. Which I purchased here, because there's not much for party stores where he is. Thankfully, a friend of mine, (who's house-sitting for us this weekend), came by to grab the key last night, and asked how the decoration-shopping went. Ugh...I'm *so* happy she said something! In the craziness of getting everything organized, *somehow* that thought got lost! So I went & got all of that stuff last night, & did all of our laundry. This morning I was up at 7:30 to drive my H to work, then came home, folded laundry, packed our suitcase, organized gifts etc, made/packed travel food, and got the dogs & their stuff ready to go to MIL house for the weekend. I still have to go to work, (I'll be off early today), then I plan to pack the car, have the dogs picked up, gas up, get a carwash, grab my H from work, and head out! I sooo hope I'm not forgetting anything! Food's been ordered from the city he's in, so I just have to pick it up tomorrow. I plan to spend most of the afternoon decorating the hall that's rented, and keep a low profile, so somehow I don't run into my dad. It should be interesting. (The hall's down the street from his house, and I drive a lime green SUV). I'm going to have to find a spot to hide it! Can anyone think of anything I might be forgetting?? Ughhhh!

Now that my long story's over, what's everyone else's plans for this weekend?? :)

*J

Re: Okay..I *think* I'm good to go!

• Have fun! Hope the party goes great! 

Tonight: Nothing. I'm exhausted. I'm going straight home, getting into bed and Netflixing it. 

Saturday: Errands, cleaning the house, laundry 

Saturday night: DINNER AT LE BERNADIN (can you tell I'm excited?) 
  • Wow, sounds like a busy day already! And it sounds like your weekend will be amazing, I'm sure your dad will love his party.

Tonight I'm gonna hang low. It's really crappy out, so I think I'm going to by ingredients to make my famous homemade bulldogs.
    Tomorrow is my friends wedding. It is an early afternoon wedding, so we don't have anything planned for the evening yet, we're going to play it by ear.
    Sunday we had brunch plans with friends but totally forgot it was Father's day! So we're going to confirm with our parents to see if anything is going on, and figure the day out. 

ClimbingBrideNY - That's exciting!!!! I've never been, let me know how the food is!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    Wow, sounds like a busy day already! And it sounds like your weekend will be amazing, I'm sure your dad will love his party.

Tonight I'm gonna hang low. It's really crappy out, so I think I'm going to by ingredients to make my famous homemade bulldogs.
    Tomorrow is my friends wedding. It is an early afternoon wedding, so we don't have anything planned for the evening yet, we're going to play it by ear.
    Sunday we had brunch plans with friends but totally forgot it was Father's day! So we're going to confirm with our parents to see if anything is going on, and figure the day out. 

ClimbingBrideNY - That's exciting!!!! I've never been, let me know how the food is!
     I must ask what a homemade bulldog is?? I'm assuming something to do with smokies, or hotdogs?? 

Have fun! Hope the party goes great! 

Tonight: Nothing. I'm exhausted. I'm going straight home, getting into bed and Netflixing it. 

Saturday: Errands, cleaning the house, laundry 

Saturday night: DINNER AT LE BERNADIN (can you tell I'm excited?) 
     Your weekend sounds fun & relaxing! :)

I've never heard of this restaurant. I'm assuming it's something special?? 
  • I agree! You sound very busy already haha. I applaud you for being able to do all that then going to work. And yay for birthday parties! Hope he has a blast.

I do not have much in the works for this weekend. After work today I will just go home and probably finish laundry and watch Once apon a Time on Netflix and try to get to vaccuming!

H will be busy with school project stuff so I will have to keep busy so I dont get bored.

Tomorrow I have eye doc appointment. Hopefully I will find a pair of glasses I like that look good on me.

Sunday I don't really have plans, that I know of. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Tonight I have a free concert and outdoor movie (Frozen!) that I have planned and in charge of at our local park.

Tomorrow, FI and I are going to the US Open in the morning and volunteering at a food and beer tent that afternoon.

Sunday, church in the morning and hopefully relaxing the rest o the day. I am already exhausted from the Open yesterday (awake at 3am and didn't get home until after 8) and still have a lot to do.

• pinkcow13 said:
    Wow, sounds like a busy day already! And it sounds like your weekend will be amazing, I'm sure your dad will love his party.

I definitely will be reporting back on Monday! 
  • Oh, a bulldog is a delicious concoction. It is a frozen margarita with an upside down Mexican beer in it. I make real margarita's (I don't use margarita mix), so they are super yummy and fun!

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• image Here is a pic
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    image Here is a pic
    Anniversary

• Well V is sleeping right now and I'm just being lazy. I still have to mail my dads presents for fathers day and also buy my brother a birthday present since his is coming up. Dumb weather, I don't think we are going to the river today. I've been reading The Girls Guide To Everything and I love it so much! I was suppose to go into work today but no one in my department was going to be there, so I was officially freed. I'll most likely clean the apartment and wash dishes too. I miss having a dish washer.
  • Packing. We close on our new house in two weeks!!!!!

/cue epic freakout.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Tonight, we drive up to Ottawa to visit the FILs, and on Sunday I'm hiking in the Gatineau Hills, this gorgeous provincial park in Quebec. They have a lake, called Pink Lake, that has saltwater fish in a freshwater environment. And because I'm a giant nerd, I think it's sooo freaking cool!! @Inkdancer, congrats!!! That's so exciting!! @pinkcow13 Can you fedex me one, pretty please? I love those!
  • pinkcow13 said:
    Oh, a bulldog is a delicious concoction. It is a frozen margarita with an upside down Mexican beer in it. I make real margarita's (I don't use margarita mix), so they are super yummy and fun!

I was totally imagining some insane hotdog. Now that you say it though, I think I've had that before @ Moxie's! 

I'm officially done work for the weekend now! I managed to stop at the liquor store after work & get the *last* 6pack of coolers I wanted for over the weekend! I had them check there inventory of all the liquor stores in the city, (hoping to get 2 packs), and it was quite literally the last pack in town! Score! I had to stop at the bank quick, and now I'm home. Slightly earlier than I anticipated. I have the car 95% packed, and I'm just waiting for my MIL's b/f to get here to pick up the dogs. I sooo just want to get going! :P 

*J
  • I only got a few hours of sleep from staying up late to work on my M.A. paper and then waking up super early to work on it again. I just finished my revisions (I hope the final round) and I had two beers with lunch, because I worked my ass off. Now I'm hanging out in my bathrobe with my kitty on my lap and catching up with Revenge. The rest of the weekend will be spent studying for my comprehensive exams, which I take Monday and Wednesday.
  • @pinkcow13

I promised you a review! It was freaking AMAZING. We did the 7 course chef's tasting menu. Here's a pic of the menu. 

• ClimbingBrideNY - Everything on that menu sounds amazing!!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I need this food in my mouth right now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I almost feel like this meal has ruined me. It was that good. And the service was amazing. They put a little stool next to the table for me to put my purse on. 

MY PURSE HAD ITS OWN SEAT! See!

• I almost feel like this meal has ruined me. It was that good. And the service was amazing. They put a little stool next to the table for me to put my purse on. 

MY PURSE HAD ITS OWN SEAT! See!

Ummmm that is freaking awesome!!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards