Snarky Brides

Tutu Bachelorette Party!

ummm what?

There was a thread a few months ago about asking people to coordinate for bachelorette's and showers. Some were appalled by the idea all together while others had some cute stories to share (I have participated in many simple cute ideas myself). BUT THIS? My friend just told me she is in a wedding and the bride is making everyone wear homemade tutus when they go out for her Bachelorette. She said she will participate but is definitely not thrilled and is so confused on what they are supposed to wear for shoes and pants and basically the whole thing! I told her to keep me posted and show me pictures because this is hilarious!

Anniversary

Re: Tutu Bachelorette Party!

• I would so participate in this... but I used to teach ballet and own several tutus because I love them. (For your friend, recommend a long shirt and leggings to go under the tutu)

On the other hand, I would never expect any of my poor shy bridesmaids to consent to something like that!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • As a "retired" (I'm only 27 so it feels odd to say but I no longer dance professionally) ballet dancer I would so do this!! However I would never ask anyone else to.
  • One of my BM wears a tutu almost every Saturday when she's at work bartending. No - the bar didn't make her - she and her coworker thought it was fun and just kept doing it. They come up with different coordinating outfits with wigs and what not. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up wearing them at mine and I would totally be game! 
  • The BRIDE is?  She needs to calm down and step away from her own bachelorette planning.

I think it is cute if the bride wore one- like in the case of @Inkdancer or @jdluvr06.  But to make other people do it, not cool.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Eh, I'd wear a tutu for a bachey party. But if the bride demands it, it's just plain rude. 
  • Oh FFS! 

I would wear skinny jeans under my tutu, not leggings. . . because leggings are not pants and should never be worn in public as such!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9jdkeGVZk1qas2jf.gif

Now, I am not a fan of drawing attention to your group in any fashion when out for Bachlorette parties that involve bars.  You might as well wear targets, because when bach parties roll in with coordinating outfits, and sashes, and blinking penises all of the skanky guys in the area decide to make your group their pet project.  Because it's totes cool to get the bride drunk and get her to cheat on her FI with you. . . hooking up with a drunk BM is a consolation prize.
    I totally agree with this. I wore a matchy-matchy tank top for a party at age 24 and had no problems with it, but as the years pass by I cringe more and more.  

Some people get totally into tutus for a variety of events, but I wouldn't feel comfortable at all, and would hope I'm not longer mandated to wear "fun" outfits in the future. 

• I was in a wedding where we all wore neon wigs for the B. party. It was awesome.

Coordinating is fun when not being demanded
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh FFS! 

I would wear skinny jeans under my tutu, not leggings. . . because leggings are not pants and should never be worn in public as such!

Amen... I am getting real tired of seeing everyone's thongs through their stretched out leggings...
    I know this pretty big girl who doesn't wear any undies under her tights. Tights, not leggings.

The large amount of buttcrack and frontbuttcrack is crazy....I can't look away!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh man- I've been saying for years that leggings should NOT be made above size "5 year old". So disgusting. 

I would probably feel awkward and weird wearing a tutu in public. My friends and I made them for Halloween a few years ago and wore them at her house while carving pumpkins but not public. 

• I'd go for it, but I have no shame about wearing costumes. My Angry Bird tutu covers my butt fine, I only wore leggings because it was cold.
  • Oh FFS! 

Amen... I am getting real tired of seeing everyone's thongs through their stretched out leggings...
    If you aren't wearing a sweater dress that truly covers your ass, then you should be wearing skinny jeans.
    Oh, I totally agree. The tutu I wear in public does indeed cover my tush, the leggings are just because it's cold.

Otherwise, pants = requirement.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    Sometimes I wear those thick fleece lines ski leggings around, like if I have to go to walmart or something. 

Like these 

But I seriously hate people who wear legit tights and you can see everything. AH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• A FB friend posted pics from a tutu bachelorette party.  When I asked what was up with the tutus she said the bride wanted tutus.  They also had matching shirts that said their role on them.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds like she got the idea off of pinterest:

I would totally wear one as the bride but I wouldn't ask anyone else to. Not everybody likes wearing silly stuff/showing that much leg/buying shit/whatever.
  • Ugh.  No.  When I was in Key West a few weeks ago, there was a bachelorette party and all the BMs had to wear black while the bride wore a hideously bright pink sequined dress (which was too small and unflattering on her).  I don't think it's fair to make anyone do crap like that- why can't you just let me wear what I'm comfortable in?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ummm what?

There was a thread a few months ago about asking people to coordinate for bachelorette's and showers. Some were appalled by the idea all together while others had some cute stories to share (I have participated in many simple cute ideas myself). BUT THIS? My friend just told me she is in a wedding and the bride is making everyone wear homemade tutus when they go out for her Bachelorette. She said she will participate but is definitely not thrilled and is so confused on what they are supposed to wear for shoes and pants and basically the whole thing! I told her to keep me posted and show me pictures because this is hilarious!

It's a cute theme but only if everyone is comfortable with it.  It's ok for someone to suggest it but the bride should really take a backseat to planning her party.  If she wants to voluntarily wear a tutu by all means wear it.  I honestly would wear one if someone had suggested it and wouldn't think it was rude.  As long as people have a choice whether or not to wear one I see no problem with making it a part of the theme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One of my bffs in college used to say (rather loudly) "Leggings are not pants!! Cover your cooter!!!" It drives me IN-FREAKING-SANE. No one  wants to see that.

On the tutu theme... I took ballet when I was younger. I was going to be a ballerina, but I got a nasty infection in my hip that took me out for a while, and then soccer got in the way. So I totally pictured the sequined purple tutu I wore in first grade to my first dance recital for this bachelorette party. We were purple swans... and danced to the music of Swan Lake. I would never, ever, ever wear a tutu again. Like, ever. But, I guess iff all the girls like it, then go for it... But I am NOT a fan of the look. Tutus belong in dance, IMO.
  • One of my poor friends just had to endure this last weekend.  The bride has been very into "mandatory" bridesmaid activities and outfits, including three (!) bridal showers and numerous craft activities.  She made all her bridesmaids wear pink tutus to her bachelorette party and as far as I know she was never into any ballet or dance.  I feel so grateful that I am currently the bridesmaid of a very relaxed and generous bride.  I am fairly shy and would not feel great about wearing anything of the sort out in public, let alone at a bar or dance club where it's sure to attract unwanted attention.
  • wajohnson09wajohnson09 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    I saw a rainbow tutu bachelorette party on Facebook and a friend from high school is pinning ideas for her own bachelorette party(she also threw herself 2 baby showers) with tutus and cowboy boots- because 1 trend isn't enough, we need to mash it all together

Eta- can't spell
  • I saw a rainbow tutu bachelorette party on Facebook and a friend from high school is pinning ideas for her own bachelorette party(she also threw herself 2 baby showers) with tutus and cowboy boots- because 1 trend isn't enough, we need to mash it all together Eta- can't spell
    Oh God, that sounds like a nightmare.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • FiancB said:
    Sounds like she got the idea off of pinterest:

I would totally wear one as the bride but I wouldn't ask anyone else to. Not everybody likes wearing silly stuff/showing that much leg/buying shit/whatever.
    No.  Just no.  Matching shirts? Eh, not my thing, but I'd tolerate it for a good friend.  But matching tutus?  If required, I would skip that party.
  • One of the terrible things about getting old. No more crinoline or tutu skirts. Ever. 
    I rarely get mad about getting old, except when I see super adorable things that I can't have, or I'd look like scary Grandma Clown. 
    So I buy them for my daughter. I don't live vicariously through her, but I do dress vicariously through her. 
  • This is so funny. Once I read this post, I knew this tacky former friend bride-to-be would be all over it. I just checked her Pinterest page. I was right! HAHAHAHAHA!

And her caption is: 

tutus and heels- fun bachelorette party idea

• I forgot what the thread was about. I think it's ridiculous to ask friends to play dress up for a party. Not everybody loves a tutu.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards