Just Engaged and Proposals

Please Vote!

Jade0215Jade0215 member
First Comment First Anniversary

I’d really appreciate all the help I can get in this contest. It would literally mean the world to my fiance and I. Voting ends June 30th and it would be great everyone could vote and share the link via facebook or twitter. Thank you everyone in advance for voting!

http://bahamas16islandsweddings.com/entries.php#3445 

By the way, it takes a few seconds to actually load my entry to vote! If the link doesn't work, we're on page 122. Jade Gregory and Frankie Bunch

Re: Please Vote!

• Nope. I hate it when people's only posts are to ask others for support and money, completely ignoring that everyone on this board is planning or has planned on a budget. You haven't even taken the time to get to know the community.

Plus your link doesn't work so I can't even vote for another couple.
  • I've been on this site for 3 years, I just don't spend my time on the forums. I'm sorry you feel the way I do but you don't have to vote if you see it as such a problem. I'm sorry I don't have a budget to even discuss a wedding but I've been engaged for three years and financial burdens just keep coming our way making a wedding impossible. If you would have seen my entry, you'd know what I'm going through, not that it matters to you. You don't have to be rude about it, it's a contest that unfortunately requires votes as a way to be one of the winners. My link works just fine though. I already have several votes through it.

Have a nice day. 
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    By your own admission, you don't spend any time on the forums to bother to get to know anyone here. Why would we vote for you when we don't even know you?

ETA: And the link didn't work for me, either.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Then why even click on my link then if you're going to complain about it? Why should it even matter how long I've been on the forums? Unlike you, I'd happily help someone out and that's what I've been doing, exchanging votes with people who need help with their own contests. A suggestion was to post on forums as well related to the contest and that's just what I decided to do especially since I've been on this site since I got engaged 3 years ago. Just because someone is a stranger doesn't mean you can't help them out or be nice? I don't know how both of you were brought up but telling someone they basically aren't welcome to post anything they want (which you CHOSE to click on) because they haven't been on the forums is a bit ridiculous. Bullying, in all honesty. I'm sorry but I'm not going to sit here and talk about a wedding that I can't have. I've read peoples' posts on here and clearly my life is much different than most of you. I've never been gifted financially, I don't have a family other than my fiance and my daughter. I have no one and on top of that, having skin cancer that I can't even get taken care of for financial reasons doesn't make our situation any better. So please, forgive me for posting a link so I can ATTEMPT to have something good happen to me for once in my life. I'm trying to win this along with 15 other couples, not just myself and surprise my fiance if we do win because we've been hoping to get married for years now. This is literally the most rude and non supportive site I have been on. If you don't want to vote, then don't vote but for people that actually want to try and help me out with voting, I appreciate it more than I can even express. I'd happily help anyone else out that was trying to do the same thing that I was. It's not a big deal which is one reason I'm just sitting here completely dumbfounded at what you guys have to say. Absolutely no reason to sit here and complain about it.  

• Jade0215 said:

Then why even click on my link then if you're going to complain about it? Why should it even matter how long I've been on the forums? Unlike you, I'd happily help someone out and that's what I've been doing, exchanging votes with people who need help with their own contests. A suggestion was to post on forums as well related to the contest and that's just what I decided to do especially since I've been on this site since I got engaged 3 years ago. Just because someone is a stranger doesn't mean you can't help them out or be nice? I don't know how both of you were brought up but telling someone they basically aren't welcome to post anything they want (which you CHOSE to click on) because they haven't been on the forums is a bit ridiculous. Bullying, in all honesty. I'm sorry but I'm not going to sit here and talk about a wedding that I can't have. I've read peoples' posts on here and clearly my life is much different than most of you. I've never been gifted financially, I don't have a family other than my fiance and my daughter. I have no one and on top of that, having skin cancer that I can't even get taken care of for financial reasons doesn't make our situation any better. So please, forgive me for posting a link so I can ATTEMPT to have something good happen to me for once in my life. I'm trying to win this along with 15 other couples, not just myself and surprise my fiance if we do win because we've been hoping to get married for years now. This is literally the most rude and non supportive site I have been on. If you don't want to vote, then don't vote but for people that actually want to try and help me out with voting, I appreciate it more than I can even express. I'd happily help anyone else out that was trying to do the same thing that I was. It's not a big deal which is one reason I'm just sitting here completely dumbfounded at what you guys have to say. Absolutely no reason to sit here and complain about it.  

I'm sorry, I have to jump in here...

1. Being rude will not get you votes.
    2. You do know you can still get married without the big hurrah right? Going down to the courthouse won't make you any "less" married.
    3. The women on this site are actually very nice and welcoming. For example, I just saw a whole thread the other day where ladies google searched to all end to find a dress for a bride to be that she couldn't find.

Good luck to you though.
  • But it's ok for them to attack me just because I posted a link? I ask someone for something ONCE in my life, a simple click of the mouse and that's how I get treated. I'm not being rude, I'm being honest, sorry if what I say offends any of you but seriously? It's like you gang up on people that aren't 100% associated with your little "group" I would never treat anyone like that and I found what they said to be very disrespectful. Oh, but it's ok right? Because they post here all the time? Ok, makes sense to me. I simply posted a link for people to choose to vote for me if they wanted yet I'm a terrible person for it. 
    And yeah, I get it, if you have money people will help you, that's how our world works. I've noticed it more and more these past couple months with everything we've been going through. Oh and btw, I don't give a damn about having a fancy wedding. I came across a sweepstakes for it and I thought I'd give it a shot so here we are. We were going to do the whole courthouse thing until we found out it's still going to cost us $200 and after bills and gas just to get to work every month, we have nothing left so that's completely out of the question. We were going to have a tiny wedding, without anything, no decorations, no fancy clothes, etc at his dad's and they turned us down for that. So imagine how I feel. For once it would be nice to be able to have something good and memorable happen for my little family because we've been through more than most couples will ever go through in their lifetime and we're still holding strong. We have no family that cares and financially we can't afford anything yet we hold out hope that someday everything will get better. But yes, forgive me, everyone for posting my link. I'm sorry for taking time away from your wedding plans.
  • I clicked on your link so I could attempt to vote for someone else. Why does it matter how long you've been on the forums? I can't believe this is even a question. It is very off-putting to have strangers come along and solicit votes (it's also against the TOS here on The Knot, by the way, and you are likely to get banned if someone reports you for it). 

Would you walk up to strangers on the street and ask them to do you a favor? That's essentially what you're doing here. You have made no effort to interact with anyone here, but you want us to do a favor for you. The fact that you would think this is ok and are having trouble understanding why it isn't is baffling and appalling to me. So yes, there IS a reason to complain about it. It's extremely poor social form. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • The link didn't work for me. Just got this message:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your own quote "you don't spend any time on the forums to bother to get to know anyone here. Why would we vote for you when we don't even know you?" Therefore implying that I haven't been on here enough for you to associate with. And strangers? We're all strangers, you don't know any of these people yet everyone comes here and asks for advice, etc... The same thing essentially. If a link from a "stranger" offends you so much, then I'm sorry that's all on you. You're trying to tell me you've never asked a person you don't know or barely know for a favor, no matter how small it is? Everyone has in some form or fashion. I understand what you're trying to say but still, this isn't high school, it's the internet. Literally you people are making me feel like I'm in high school. It's like "oh we don't know you, you can't associate with us". It's just baffling and appalling to me that you approached me in such a rude manner in the first place. I'm on several other sites and I have been treated with respect then I come on here and everyone is rude. I think that should say something about a majority of the people on this site. 
  • Thanks for trying. I'm not sure why it's not working for some people, particularly on this site. www.bahamas.com/16weddingislands is the link. I'm on page 122. Don't worry about voting for me though, it's fine. It appears as if I've angered everyone on this site with my link. 
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    edited June 2014
    Actually, I do know some of these people in real life. Some of us live near each other and have become friends off of here as well as on here. And even the ones I don't know in real life, those who have become part of the community, are less strangers to me than you are. I would vote for any one of the ladies who are actively part of this community. I will not, however, vote for someone who came to the forums for the sole purpose of asking a favor. 

It's not like high school at all. It's not that you can't associate with us or we can't associate with you. We associate with new people all the time.  It's that you have come here for no other reason other than to get votes. THAT is off putting. Nobody has been rude. I would be happy to associate with you if you were an active member of this community and not just here to ask for my vote. I don't know why you can't understand that.  You are getting nasty because you don't like that people are upset by YOUR off-putting behavior. 

• Jade0215 said:
    Then why even click on my link then if you're going to complain about it? Why should it even matter how long I've been on the forums? Unlike you, I'd happily help someone out and that's what I've been doing, exchanging votes with people who need help with their own contests. A suggestion was to post on forums as well related to the contest and that's just what I decided to do especially since I've been on this site since I got engaged 3 years ago. Just because someone is a stranger doesn't mean you can't help them out or be nice? I don't know how both of you were brought up but telling someone they basically aren't welcome to post anything they want (which you CHOSE to click on) because they haven't been on the forums is a bit ridiculous. Bullying, in all honesty. I'm sorry but I'm not going to sit here and talk about a wedding that I can't have. I've read peoples' posts on here and clearly my life is much different than most of you. I've never been gifted financially, I don't have a family other than my fiance and my daughter. I have no one and on top of that, having skin cancer that I can't even get taken care of for financial reasons doesn't make our situation any better. So please, forgive me for posting a link so I can ATTEMPT to have something good happen to me for once in my life. I'm trying to win this along with 15 other couples, not just myself and surprise my fiance if we do win because we've been hoping to get married for years now. This is literally the most rude and non supportive site I have been on. If you don't want to vote, then don't vote but for people that actually want to try and help me out with voting, I appreciate it more than I can even express. I'd happily help anyone else out that was trying to do the same thing that I was. It's not a big deal which is one reason I'm just sitting here completely dumbfounded at what you guys have to say. Absolutely no reason to sit here and complain about it.  

Maybe if you WHINE a bit more, people will change their mind?
    I am a cancer survivor.  Last week my oncologist said that they didn't think I'd still be around.  Don't you  ever dare use cancer of any kind as an excuse.  There are plenty of people who are fighting end stage cancer without whining.
    Lots of brides have no-frills weddings.  Most of my family eloped because that was the easiest and cheapest way to get married.  Why are you so special?
    There is nothing free in life except love.  I'm guessing that you are in your situation now because of choices you made.  Did you finish high school?  Did you learn any job skills?  Do you have experience doing any kind of skilled work?  If you don't, maybe you could learn some skills at night school or community college.  The way out of being poor is education and hard work - not some stupid "contest" where you whine about your situation and beg internet strangers on a website where you were warned not to do this!.
    ...or are you a speshul snowflake?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • That link doesn't work. 

And I only clicked on it to vote for someone else, since you're so rude. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    You might want to take your full name out of your OP. Its pretty easy to find you online.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Look it is a snowflake in June...amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards