Chit Chat

I feel like I'm in prison! UGH!

I'm finishing up day 3 of 6 of my first chemo treatment. I'm feeling well and in decent spirits, except that i'm starting to feel trapped. It's a PITA to get up to walk or go to the bathroom because of all of the tubes. While i'm fortunate enough to have a private room, it's really not very private because nurses and doctors are always in and out. I really miss my house, my bed, and my couch :-/

Just needed to get a vent out there. I'm going to have to toughen up because I'm not barely halfway through this round and still have five more to go. I need to keep my eye on the prize- getting cured!

Re: I feel like I'm in prison! UGH!

• Vibes for everything to go well!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Good thoughts your way. It's a nasty cure, but you can do it! Hang in there.
  • Good vibes. You can do it even though it's hard. You are a stronger then you think.

If I remember correctly people coming into the room is one of the biggest complaints at a hospital. For a short stay you can have hospital personnel come in 60 times. It's been awhile since my orientation so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good vibes! At least you have us to hang out with :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:

Good vibes! At least you have us to hang out with :)

Agreed! My first night in here my phone charger decided to crap out and I went into a panic. I'm useless without my phone and TK! I made DH spend the night at home last night so he could take care of the cats and get my other charger!

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Glad you are posting!! Keep us updated and stay in touch with us.

Also, remember you are not just surviving right now you are THRIVING. Continue to thrive.

*All the good vibes*
  • Sending more good vibes your way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Thinking of you and wishing you the best for a smooth recovery. 
  • Sending you more good vibes. (((Hugs)))
  • Thinking of you. Sending you knottie vibes

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. You got this!!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• phiraphira member
    Using the bathroom while you're hooked up is really obnoxious. Like, on a grander scale, it's not that bad, but ... it's such an everyday, frequent, straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back kind of problem. Like, UUUUGH I just want to use the fucking bathroom!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:

Using the bathroom while you're hooked up is really obnoxious. Like, on a grander scale, it's not that bad, but ... it's such an everyday, frequent, straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back kind of problem. Like, UUUUGH I just want to use the fucking bathroom!

Yeah, I know it's not like super extreme, but it's just annoying. They have me on fluids and have me drinking a lot of fluids, so I'm always having to get up. At least I caan get up (no catheter, bed pan, etc.)

• Stay strong! Get well soon!
  • Sending good vibes! Thanks for keeping us updated :)
  • Sending healing vibes!
  • Hang in there lady!!!

• phiraphira member
    Yeah, I know it's not like super extreme, but it's just annoying. They have me on fluids and have me drinking a lot of fluids, so I'm always having to get up. At least I caan get up (no catheter, bed pan, etc.)
    Exactly. It's nice that it's possible to move around, even when you're on fluids, but it's so constant.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Sending warn happy vibes your way!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wish I was your nurse. I'd still come in every hour, but I'd ask what's going on on The Knot.

image   image   image

• SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sending love and positive vibes your way! I just read your other thread and I could not even imagine the fear and despair of a cancer diagnosis. I know in your other thread you were looking for a needle in a haystack. I don't have that, but I have another needle. A friend of mine is a two-time survivor of acute promyeloid leukemia. He went into remission for his second time when he was 21. He is very active with the Leukemia and lymphoma Society now. You may want to look into the society if you haven't already.

Best of luck to you. Stay positive. The medicine blows, but it is better than the disease. 
  • SBmini said:

Sending love and positive vibes your way! I just read your other thread and I could not even imagine the fear and despair of a cancer diagnosis. I know in your other thread you were looking for a needle in a haystack. I don't have that, but I have another needle. A friend of mine is a two-time survivor of acute promyeloid leukemia. He went into remission for his second time when he was 21. He is very active with the Leukemia and lymphoma Society now. You may want to look into the society if you haven't already.

Best of luck to you. Stay positive. The medicine blows, but it is better than the disease. 
    I started following the L&L Society on FB and hope to learn more about it during my time off. I'm not the type to shout from the rooftops that I'm sick, so I'm keeping everything as anonymous as possible. Not many people IRL know I'm sick. Once I'm better, I'll be more open about my struggle and support.

Thanks so much for your well wishes everyone!!

• I'm sending you lots of positive vibes, you got this! I think that you are really strong and brave. You will kick Cancer in the butt. We're all rooting for you!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Jells, I am always glad to see you post!

Thinking and praying for you!

• Sending to happy thoughts and healing vibes. Cancer is a SOB but you can show it who's boss! Both my uncle and my grandma had cancer (they both had colon cancer and my other uncle has an inoperable brain tumor)... we just found out my 82 year old grandmother (who was stage 3) is 100% cancer free now. You can do it. Even when the going gets really tough, stay positive! We're here for you!

Maybe this will brighten your spirits a bit....

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• You are so brave and awesome and I love hearing your updates.

Sending lots of love your way!
    Anniversary

• Sending lots of positive and healing vibes your way!

Anniversary

• kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    If there was ever a time to vent to your heart's content, this is it!  Vent away.  Sending good, positive thoughts your way.  Feel better soon!!!!!
  • Oh no, Jells! :( Prayers, hugs and good vibes for you sweetie!! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Thanks for updating us! Sending happy thoughts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards