Getting in Shape

My Secret- for anyone who doesn't know where to start....

If you are looking to TONE UP and shed some weight for your wedding and do not know where to start- here is what I did. I am now feeling better than ever (feels like an infomercial here lol) and I am in the best shape of my life, Oh and it only took me 2 months to get to this point :) You can do it too!!!. I have 2 months until my wedding day to focus on the last finishing touches. 

Diet- A clean eating diet. My fiance and I did the Advocare 10 day cleanse. On the cleanse I lost about 6 lbs that stayed off. This is a great way to kick off your new lifestyle!  Just skip what you read about the 24 day challenge, it is not worth your money. You can get the same results but continuing a clean eating diet after the 10 day cleanse. Beware of your friends who "work for Advocare" and recommend you all kinds of extras that you do not need- save the money for your wedding! Instead purchase some fish oil supplements, CLA, Carnitine Core, and a multivitamin. I would also recommend highly the Concord Grape Amino Energy drink mix from ON to take before your workouts. (you need the amino acids and the energy- win win!!!) All of the things I mentioned we have been purchasing from Bodybuilding.com. They seem to have the best prices and they ship super fast. I ordered more stuff this Monday at 3 PM and got them Tuesday Morning (that is crazy drone fast!)

The Exercise- Do not think for one second that any diet is going to make you look good for your wedding. You need to tone up and the only way you can do that is with exercise. Pair that with the clean eating diet above and you are on the right track. Think about those brides you have seen with the beautifully toned arms ,shoulders, and back. That's what I am getting at here. You can have all that- if you are willing to work hard. I have been doing the Bridalicious Bootcamp DVD's from Doug Rice Fitness and these workouts are no joke! Honest to god the best workouts I have ever done. Follow the calendar that they allow you to download with your purchase to a T and you will find success. And the workouts will be completely relevant to your goals- to look awesome on your wedding day, and to look amazing on your honeymoon. AND he will remind you of this. You do the workouts every other day (a day of rest is required) and you can do the workouts in under 45 minutes. I do mine every other morning before work. Sometimes I sneak in an extra Honeymoon Abs workout because its quick and I can- I just really want some nice abs for my honeymoon!!!! Ok, so buy this. ASAP! Stop wasting time.

Ok, that was a lot to say- but I just had to share my success with everyone because I know you can do it too.  I was the kind of person who used to be active and athletic, but then got mostly lazy and slightly overweight. I also love food and was eating like a pig. I now feel excellent. Less headaches. Less attitude. Happier. More energy. This all pairs SO nicely with our wedding that is approaching.

My fiance is doing the diet too- (in the 8 years we have been together he has never stuck to a diet like this) and he looks and feels amazing! He has been going to a gym that has a cross-fit-like program. Loves it. It is obvious to me that he is happier, and less stressed.

Re: My Secret- for anyone who doesn't know where to start....

• Just an update- now I am down 14 lbs, and have reached my goal weight for the wedding... with 31 days to go! Hope my advice helps someone else. :)
  • I did the advocare 24 change and I felt the cleanse phase was when I lost most of my weight! I thought it was a good diet but it was very expensive and probably not something I am going to be able to do again just because of the cost. I would do the cleanse phase again I would just need a learn how to stomach the fiber drink. I learned after day 1 just to chug it before it got too thick. Which flavor did you get for yours? I also loved the spark drinks as well. Congrats on losing 14 pounds btw!

• We got the Peaches and Cream flavor. I blended mine with ice and sometimes a bit of unsweetened almond milk each day. I did not get the spark drinks because we use the Grape Amino Energy and it is awesome. I agree with you about the expense of the Advocare diet. 
  • KatieinBklnKatieinBkln member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    It doesn't bother anyone else that Advocare purports to support "clean" eating but then sells a bunch of processed shit (i.e. Spark)? 

My sister is a nurse and a bunch of her coworkers were into it. Honestly it seems like a lot of the ideas behind it are solid, but frankly I tend to believe that most good eating advice is free. Advocare is a company and they have to sell you something, right? I just wish that something wasn't bullshit fiber drinks and fake sweeteners (pro tip: most people can get enough fiber by eating actual food).

ETA: I'm actually really happy for the OP and hey, if it works, it works. I'm just generally suspicious of the diet industry as a whole. I think it likes to rely on buzzwords and bs when really the part that makes it effective is free information available to anyone: eat less than you burn, and eat things with high nutritional value and fiber, so you feel full and are less likely to have blood sugar "swings" that can make you moody, uncomfortable, and less likely to stick with it.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I agree. I hate the idea of having to rely on specific products. Also, I've said this on other advocare posts, but if you look into their ingredients it's not as natural or healthy as they lead you to believe. I have a lot of friends obsessed with this trend, so I did a bunch of research to prove that you can be healthy, eat normal food, exercise and lose weight. I've dropped 20lbs since April with no supplements, and its FREE :)
  • Clean eating has helped me a lot, even after the wedding.  I personally drink Shakeology, which is all natural.  I'm not a fan of anything that routes itself as healthy when in reality, its not.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards