May 2015 Weddings

Save the Dates?

When are you planning to send out your Save The Dates? I was hoping to get ours out sometime in June (we are having a destination wedding, so I want to give people a heads up), but given that I'm still trying to sort out room block options for our guests, that's probably not going to happen. Hopefully the room block headache gets figured out next month and then we can get them out in July!

Re: Save the Dates?

• Not until November, but I plan on printing/assembling them over the summer. I'm a designer so I'm doing my own and adding an adhesive magnet to the back, and I want to get some of the more time consuming wedding projects out of the way.

I think you are right to send them out early. The Knot says you should send them out at least 6 months early for a regular wedding and 8 months out for a destination wedding.
  • We're sending ours out in October, so 7 months before the wedding. 
  • We're planning our photos for next month and hopefully send the save the dates in July or August
  • We're looking at October, but it might be September if we decide against doing photo save the dates. I saw some super cute ones I liked at Hobby Lobby and might go with those, which we could send sooner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • I was just wondering about save-the-dates.. Do you think they have to be magnets, or is it ok to just send pretty cards? I found some stationary I like and I was thinking about doing them DIY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, but to answer your question, I wasn't going to send them out until much later this year, probably October or November!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I plan to send my save the dates out in July. I have a lot of OOT guest coming.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @pompeymagnus you don't have to do magnets. Pick what fits your budget and is your style.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We will probably send them in November.  I start a new job in Nov so the budget will be tight until then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Probably some time in the early fall I think!
  • I think I will send mine around August/September. We are doing Memorial Day weekend, so want to send out a few months earlier than normal.
  • I think I will send mine around August/September. We are doing Memorial Day weekend, so want to send out a few months earlier than normal.
    That's our weekend too, May 22!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    I think I will send mine around August/September. We are doing Memorial Day weekend, so want to send out a few months earlier than normal.
    So exciting :) Ours is the 24th!
  • I just ordered our save the dates on vistaprint about an hour ago!  

I'm sending mine out in August or September so about 8-9 months before the wedding. I know the norm is about 6 months but I have a significant amount of OOT guests. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pinkcow13 said:
    I think I will send mine around August/September. We are doing Memorial Day weekend, so want to send out a few months earlier than normal.
    I just ordered mine yesterday and will be sending them out around the same time!  Ours is May 23rd!  
  • Mine is May 23 too!!
    pinkcow13 said:
    I just ordered mine yesterday and will be sending them out around the same time!  Ours is May 23rd!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
  • I started to design one myself. I think for my May 23rd wedding, I'll send them out in late September. That'll be 8 months.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage

• pinkcow13 said:

We're date twins! I want to send ours out by early fall since it's a Sunday on a holiday weekend, but I'm not sure when we'll do engagement pictures so it could be as late as October.
  • Well, I was planning on sending them out by the beginning of December, but seeing how everyone else is planning on earlier than that I guess I'll get them out in November! We're taking our E-photos on 9/20, and our photographer said she'll have the pics back to us within 3 weeks of that. I'll be ordering magnets on VistaPrint, and we'll only have about 40 to send out, so that shouldn't take too long to address.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sent out our Save the Dates today....eek!!! So exciting!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're taking our engagement pictures in October and sending out the save the dates the beginning of November. I already think we're cutting it close since we're having it memorial day weekend, the 22nd :)
  • I already have our save the dates, but not sure when to send them out for a late May wedding?
  • @CaitlinValerie3 Do you have a lot of out of town guests? I already sent mine out for my May 2nd wedding. I know its earlier than most people do, but I have people flying in from all over the country who need to make flight arrangements. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CaitlinValerie3 I am in late May too and I have guests coming from far away as well. I'm getting mine out by the end of this month and no later.
  • I was hoping to send ours out early in September, right around the 8 month mark (we're May 9), but it'll be another 3 weeks before we get our engagement pictures back so we can't really do anything until then. I'm hoping we can decide on a design that we like and then we can just drop in one of our pictures and get them ordered quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Question about the save the dates--is it okay to hand write the addresses on them, OR should we get the envelopes with the addresses already printed on them? I know these aren't formal invites--I wasn't sure how "formal" they should look.
  • I sent mine out late July
  • @CaitlinValerie3 Do you have a lot of out of town guests? I already sent mine out for my May 2nd wedding. I know its earlier than most people do, but I have people flying in from all over the country who need to make flight arrangements. 
    I do have a handful of out of town guests, 15-20. I'm in PA, they are in TX. thanks
  • @CaitlinValerie3 I am in late May too and I have guests coming from far away as well. I'm getting mine out by the end of this month and no later.
    good to know, thanks!
  • Question about the save the dates--is it okay to hand write the addresses on them, OR should we get the envelopes with the addresses already printed on them? I know these aren't formal invites--I wasn't sure how "formal" they should look.
    I think it is fine to hand write the address. Every STD I have received has the address hand written on the envelope. And honestly, people glance at the envelop for a few seconds, then throw it out.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards