Flowers

Spring Peonies!

Good morning! I am planning for a March or early April wedding and am dying to have peonies as both my bouquet and parts of my decor. Could anyone tell me if they are even in season at this time? I see a lot of posts about May and June, but not many for March or April. Any ideas on price ranges for these bouquets at this time of the year? Thanks a bunch!

Re: Spring Peonies!

• No they are not in season.  If you do get them through a florist they will cost you A LOT and the quality will not be good.  The huge peonies that you see in spring that are gorgeous will not be what you get, but rather small, sad looking peonies for twice if not triple the price.

Why not look into garden roses?  They kind of have a peony feel but they are more likely to be available.

• I agree with @Maggie0829. I wanted peonies too (not so much because they are popular, but because those were the first flowers FI brought me on our first date). I told my florist this and she showed me some peonies she had just gotten in that were out of season. They looked so small and sad - almost like a completely different flower. So I'm going with garden roses which are beautiful and way more cost effective!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @beachyone15‌ @Maggie0829‌ Thanks a ton for the advice! I love peonies to death, but it is definitely sounding like garden roses are the way to go. When are peonies actually in season anyway?
  • In Ohio they are in season in May. I remember this because in 8th grade I had a teacher who announced at the beginning of the year that her favorite flowers were peonies and if anyone brought her some in the spring, we would get extra credit. I was so excited because at the time my mom had several peonies bushes. So with two weeks of school left to go, I brought her a bouquet of peonies & she was so excited that someone remembered what she said. I already had an A in the class so I did it more as a jesture to make someone happy.
  • They are typically in season in the May/early June time frame.  But depending on the weather throughout the year and how early Spring/Summer begin that time frame can vary.  But the season is super short, kind of like with lilacs.  You may get a good month of flowers but that's about it.

• I have a few peonies left outside right now, but they were at their best probably about 2 weeks ago. I would say they bloom for about a month starting sometime in May. 
  • Thank you! Does anyone know how prices compare between garden roses and peonies?
  • Thank you! Does anyone know how prices compare between garden roses and peonies?
    This is something that you would need to talk about with your florist.  Prices are really region dependent and florist dependant as well as which wholesaler the florist is using.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards