May 2014 Weddings

Post Wedding DIY Projects

So I know a lot of us did dome DIY-ing for our wedding, and a few have already shared things they plan on doing with left over invitations and wedding dress scraps.....but I thought it might be nice to have one place to put all of our post wedding DIY projects that we plan on doing and/or have done!

I'll share mine:

- I took some petals from my bouquet and my husband's boutonniere, dried & pressed them between paper towels and then put them in the shape of a heart in a frame left over from one of my bridal shower projects.  I also printed out "LOVE" and our wedding date onto a piece of paper and put in behind the petals.  This has a proud place on my nightstand!

- So since I displayed my stuff, I thought it would be nice to display hubby's wedding things!  I got some baseball display boxes and put in his tie and cufflinks from our wedding day!  This is in the bedroom on our dresser (along with a frame we had gotten as an engagement present).

- From my bridal shower I received a bunch of favorite family recipies from all the ladies at my shower.  So now I get to scrapbook them into a cute lil personalized cookbook.

- Another wedding bouquet project, but this one I had to send out to get done.  I found a shop on Etsy that turns your flower petals into Pandora bracelet style charms (how cool!).  It's not that expensive, but it takes a looooonnnngggg time - I sent them in within a week of my May 2nd wedding and the charm won't be ready & sent to me till September.  She also makes other jewelry with flower petals, really pretty stuff too: https://www.etsy.com/shop/myflowersforever

- One last project I'm still trying to work on: the famous Pinterest wedding petal Christmas ornament (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/305259680962261793/)  .... just gotta get the ornament and clean up the lace that was on my bouquet (it's from my mom's wedding dress/veil). 

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Post Wedding DIY Projects

• OMG! Those are so cool. I wish I would have thought of some of these things.
  • wow! Now you have me thinking I should do some projects.

All I did this weekend was scrub the grout in my bathroom within an inch of it's life lol :)
  • You can make beads on your own and its fairly easy. Just google turning flowers into beads and it will pull up. I have a pandora bracelet so that would be perfect to make some charms. I think im stopping at Michaels after work
  • Artteacher23... I am so glad you posted about the charms. I did indeed stop by michaels and buy supplies to make my own charms. It was sooooo easy and fun. I make jewelry anywsy so it was right up my alley! The charm in the middle was made with my hydrangeas, and the two blue ones towards the ends are made from my roses. Love em! Im hoing tolook into other methods to!
  • Oops, forgot to add the pic! Lol.
  • @dluberts - wow that's great and they look sooo good! I'm artsy & crafty, but I have no patience for jewlery making lol so major props to you for doing so!!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks! It was so easy! Im going to play around with it some more, maybe try adding ribbon or pieces of my invites. See what I can come up with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards