Favors

Are Favors Needed/Charleston Favors

Are favors needed? I've been to weddings that have favors and ones that don't. My FH thinks the open bar and dinner are enough but I've always been under the impression it's proper to give favors. Does that still hold true?

If it does:
I want our favors to be something signature to our honeymoon location. We are honeymooning in Charleston, South Carolina. What are our options?

Re: Are Favors Needed/Charleston Favors

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    They are not needed. I did a search and found an old thread on this same question for some ideas for you, though.

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    You've mentioned your wedding is a Gone With the Wind/ Old South sort of theme. How about small jars of peach jam, or pecan pie bars/cookies, gourmet candied pecans, or benne wafers (traditional South Carolina sweets).

• You've mentioned your wedding is a Gone With the Wind/ Old South sort of theme. How about small jars of peach jam, or pecan pie bars/cookies, gourmet candied pecans, or benne wafers (traditional South Carolina sweets).

I love this! How charming.
  • Not needed, but I would loooovvvve some pralines as a favor!

• I don't think favors are necessary... I've forgotten favors at so many weddings, despite how nice I thought they were. I second the pralines if you decide to go the favor route!
  • NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I think favors are a nice touch, but that said, they're absolutely not necessary. The only ones I truly appreciate are the edible ones. I've been to three weddings this year that gave out personalized plastic stuff (mirror, plastic mini-bouquet, coaster), and I really didn't want to take any of it with me. While they were very cute, I'm not sure what to do with it once the wedding is over. I'm not exactly planning on decorating with a "Joanna & Evan forever" motif.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards