Pre-wedding Parties

Timing for Bachelorette

I am struggling with deciding what to do for my bachelorette (I want to help plan it to take pressure off my bridesamids).  I really want to do the Calgary Stampede, but it is the weekend after one of my bridesmaids is getting married herself.  Any input on how brides would feel about going on a bachelorette party (far away) the weekend after your own wedding?

Re: Timing for Bachelorette

• I know that I personally would be kind of irritated. I would go, of course! But I would want that weekend to spend with my new hubby and write thank you notes.

• I was on my honeymoon the weekend after my wedding so I wouldn't have been able to go. I think a lot of other brides probably were too. If I wasn't on my honeymoon then I would probably go.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I probably wouldn't want to the weekend after my wedding. Weddings are crazy, and especially as a DIY bride, I'll want to relax in post-marital bliss for awhile before I add anything big to my calendar. 
  • I would not want to go.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I appreciate everyones candid response - this is what I was thinking, sometimes you just need to check in.  I'm hoping the other option of STAGECOACH 2015 will work out!! 
  • Calgary Stampede sounds like fun! Are you looking for your dress there? There's also an affordable store in Calgary if you haven't checked out, called MyLee's Bridal - http://myleesbridal.com

Enjoy your bachelorette futuremrsfama!
  • Thanks mybridal.  I am not planning on shopping for my dress in Calgary, but my family lives in Okotoks and the Crowsnest Pass so I might stop in next time I am up there.  Thanks for the tip!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards