Wedding Woes

"My" house

I am trying not to love this house too much, but it's hard.  It's a completely redone house that was built in 1923.  It's on an acre.  It has a fully finished basement with a bedroom.  It's charming and lovely.  And it's $30-40k LESS than the other houses.   

6780 N County Road 550 E, Brownsburg, IN 46112

Re: "My" house

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    WINNERRRR
  • I agree. I love it.
  • I would go with your pick!

• I love the layout and the flooring and I adore that porch.

I'd have to start throwing some color up ASAP though.  
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It is so cute!
  • Yep, I love your house more than the others.
  • Uh, I want this house! I say this one. Your DH's pick is nice, but doesn't feel as open. The new build feels very generic. This has character, lovely lighting from all the windows, and the hard wood is lovely. The only con for me is the carpeting in the bedrooms, but that is a minor one.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I'd want this one too.  Is it big enough?

This is probably personal, but I don't like basement bedrooms if there is no walk out.  A friend's parents almost died in an overnight fire because they were in the basement bedroom and only had one escape route.  I refuse to use them.

• I love this in theory.  I'm interested in how small the rooms are.  Older homes are great for character but bad for claustrophobia.  ;)

Also, I have a thing for yellow houses.  They always look so sweet and quaint to me.  And the trim on the shed is to die for.
  • Supercute! Has some personality!

Agree with others, DH pick is very meh and looks kinda dated. I kinda liked the on the fence one, but yeah, spitting distance from a community pool doesn't sound like teh ossum.

After being very gunshy about a 1950's house in a lower-middle class neighborhood and the horrors and shortcuts done...be sure to find out exactly what got redone, what hasn't been...then get the orneriest, thorough home inspector you pick and pay for yourself :)
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I love this one for sure!!!
  • Buy it, buy it now! Or I will!
  • I'm going to vote for this one also, based on the pictures.  Are the countertops bamboo?  Butcher block?  Either way, they look nice.  I love the built-ins in the office.  And the arch in the bath, by the tub.  And the floors.
  • Hi. I frequent the chit- chat board but never this one so I may be out of the loop with y'all. I love this house compared to the "DH choice". Is there a significant difference in square footage between the two? What area are you in?

We own a small 2 bedroom right now that I bought when I was single. We are trying to spruce it up to sell in a few months so we can buy a larger, family home. So I get super interested in house search topics. I'm in MA.

• the updates in your choice look nice. I like the new construction home, too, but the location would be a turnoff for me.  A few blocks from the pool would be great, next door, not so much. (increased noise and traffic would probably be distracting, and would likely hurt resale.)
  • Absolutely gorgeous! I love the kitchen and deck, especially!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards