Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wedding on Budget in Philadelphia

Hi!  I am attempting to plan a wedding in Philadelphia for $10,000-- which seems extremely difficult!  Any suggestions on venues/caterers/how to make this happen would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!!!

Re: Wedding on Budget in Philadelphia

• Options
    Where in Philadelphia? What type of venue are you looking for?? How many people?
    I know the Four Points by Sheraton in Northeast Philadelphia on the blvd can do a wedding package for $79.00 all inclusive (Tax, Service Charge, Cake, Floral centerpieces, overnight room, linens, 4 hour bar/champagne toast) They also can customize a package if that is out of your budget. They can hold between 120-130 people.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Anywhere in Philadelphia works.  I would like someplace a bit non-traditional, I've been to a ton of weddings and would rather not have the same old thing for ours.  Our guest list is at 122.
  • Options
    Georgie's in Bristol. My wedding was $50/head and included everything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • Options
    We are having our wedding at Awbury Arboretum in Germantown.  Its a lovely place and they let you bring in any caterer you choose.  Our wedding is shaping up to be 7-8k for a sunday lunch.
    Its a bit of a DIY situation but its very customizable.

I also considered Cliveden, also in germantown.  It was slightly pricier but also completely reasonable.  They have preferred caterers but you can choose from 3 so not too limiting.

One more place I wanted to look at but didn't get around to it was the sage farmhouse in media, PA.  Its a schlep for my folks since they live in Melrose Park but if you live closer to there it looked like a lovely venue and extremely affordable.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Sorry I should also mention that we have only 50 guests so that makes it easier.

With 120 guests at Awbury you'll need a tent, so your venue/ tent rental will be 2500-3000.
    If you keep the food buffet style you can probably still do it.
  • Options
    I am going to be honest with you, that is going to be very difficult with that budget. I did an "off season" wedding and I am already over $30,000 easily. However, I didn't want to deal with a bunch of vendors so I went for an all-inclusive type place (flowers and cake were included) so I just needed music, photography, and video.

Tell us a little more about your vision and how much DIY you are willing to take on and I might be able to come up a few things that might work.

Also, what time of year and what days of the week? You might get better pricing "off-season"- Jan, Feb, and March and either a Friday night or Sunday afternoon.
  • Options
    Hi!

I am also getting married at Awbury Arboretum in Germantown. We are doing the ceremony and reception at the site and we are HEAVY on the DIY. It is such a beautiful venue that decorations and flowers can be minimal.

They don't have a caterer list which is great for budgets. We are using a specialty/gourmet prepared food store that also does catering and it is a lot cheaper than a traditional caterer. We are doing our own iPod DJ and we will have a quaker license so that a family member can marry us (no fee to officiant!) For the dessert table, we are doing different flavors of cupcakes which a family member will make, and I am going to make a croquembouche wedding cake (which I can make 2 days ahead of time).

Take a look at the website 2000dollarwedding.com. They are a GREAT resource!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Valley Green Inn!!! They have their wedding and banquet packages right on the website. You can have a ceremony in front of the creek in front of the inn and the weddings are done on the porch area, it's super nice and the cake and centerpieces are included in the price, with open bar. It's very different but beautiful!
  • Options
    There are soo many places that are affordable but how many people are on your guest list? When do you want to get married?
  • Options
    If you haven't booked a place yet I'd check out Partyspace!  That's how I found my offbeat venue (American Swedish Historical Museum)!  It wasn't even listed on this site!!  Not only do they have a ton of unique venues listed (from barns to restaurants to quirky museums) but they also have searchable options for caterers and other vendors.

http://partyspace.com/philadelphia/venues

Good luck!  My fiance would be thrilled if I set my budget at $10,000 lol.
  • Options
    Check out the Elmwood Park Zoo! Affordable, beautiful, and the staff is very nice & very accommodating! http://www.elmwoodparkzoo.org/facility-rentals.php
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards