Not Engaged Yet
Options

Some things change...

2»

Re: Some things change...

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    FYI @kel1087‌ the Army dress uniform is not green so no need to worry about green/blue color schemes. I hope your FI's brothers aren't planning to wear their BDUs (the casual daily camo uniforms) to your wedding.... or are you talking abut the green Class A unifom? I missed if you said your fbils are active or not but if they are then the green Class a uniforms will have been phased out by the end of this year(the process began in 2008) and will be entirely replaced with blue.

Anyway matching the color scheme to the uniforms seems silly. It doesn't matter and it won't look bad. Just select a scheme that you and your FI agree on and like.

• Options
    Am I the only one wondering what happened with her engagement in 2010? I looked to see if there was anything else in post history. It was four years ago but considering the circumstances of this relationship I'm interested!

• Options
    leese19 said:
    Am I the only one wondering what happened with her engagement in 2010? I looked to see if there was anything else in post history. It was four years ago but considering the circumstances of this relationship I'm interested!
    Oh Jesus.
  • Options
    @leese19: That has nothing to do with anything here. Past is past. Please don't dig it up.

@TwoDimes: A Poopy suit? Who names these things?
  • Options

I was not expecting that....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ohhh light lunchtime reading!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    OP I do not agree with your approach to this marriage, and I think you are being incredibly hasty and foolish in your decision. Your prior relationships may not have worked out for whatever reason, maybe they were rushed too, I have no idea, but a marriage should stem from really knowing a person. While you may have been friends with your FI prior to dating, friendship =/= time spent within a romantic relationship. If the friendship had romantic undertones, such as friends with benefits, or something, maybe, but that still takes time, and its pretty rare. 

I understand that you and your FI are engaged, and are excited to plan a wedding. If I were you, I would scratch the 2015 wedding date, and opt for a longer engagement. I believe people should not rush into marriage, and should date for at least a year before getting engaged. You pretty much skipped over the dating portion of your relationship,  Because you got engaged very early within your relationship, a long engagement will allow for you to spend more time together learning about each other, and will show how compatible you really are. That way, if you need to break off the engagement, at least you didn't wouldn't spend stupid amounts of money on a wedding that might not take place, and can avoid the costly fees of a divorce.

On a completely unrelated note, @minscat30 I agree with your comment to a certain extent. A person should be responsible enough to use birth control, and not have multiple unplanned pregnancies by different men (the different men is a social standard/a little judgey,but I also side eye it). That being said, the OPs children may have been unplanned (she might be pro-life, I have no idea) and she may have initially had support from these men, but later realized that the relationships with the children's fathers were toxic/abusive. IMHO, I'd rather a mother have children by two different fathers who amicably broke up and are co-parenting (doesn't seem to be the case here), versus a mother who has children by two different fathers and stays in a toxic/abusive relationship (I am not sure if this is the case here either). OP, I am not defending you, but when children are involved I get a bit touchy on the subject, especially if the parents' relationship is toxic/abusive, and could cause negative consequences for their children down the line. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards