Favors

Favors for an engagement party?

How much per person should a favor for an engagement party typically be? I'd like to give my guests something nice but not fall on either the too cheap/too elaborate side. Thanks!

Re: Favors for an engagement party?

• I have never heard of favors at an engagement party.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I have also never heard of favors at an engagement party. Put whatever budget you have for favors towards more food or booze. No one will miss them.

Anniversary
  • We have only been to one engagement party which is my fiance's best friend/best man (and vice versa) and they provided their guests with a small favor. I assumed since they did it that it was a common thing -so I'm surprised that both responses indicate otherwise! Our plan was to give mason jar glasses as favors to combine favor as well as glassware for the party. We may still do it, but now I'm going to sit down and think if we'd prefer to have disposable glasses and (as suggested) more food and booze to enjoy. Thank you :D
  • Rorelai said:
    We have only been to one engagement party which is my fiance's best friend/best man (and vice versa) and they provided their guests with a small favor. I assumed since they did it that it was a common thing -so I'm surprised that both responses indicate otherwise! Our plan was to give mason jar glasses as favors to combine favor as well as glassware for the party. We may still do it, but now I'm going to sit down and think if we'd prefer to have disposable glasses and (as suggested) more food and booze to enjoy. Thank you :D
    That would mean people would be taking a dirty glass home with them. Plus some people like their stuff to match and don't want one or two random glasses that don't match anything else in the cabinet so you could be stuck with a bunch of dirty mason jars at the end of the night.  I'd spend the money on what goes in the glasses instead.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rorelai said:
    We have only been to one engagement party which is my fiance's best friend/best man (and vice versa) and they provided their guests with a small favor. I assumed since they did it that it was a common thing -so I'm surprised that both responses indicate otherwise! Our plan was to give mason jar glasses as favors to combine favor as well as glassware for the party. We may still do it, but now I'm going to sit down and think if we'd prefer to have disposable glasses and (as suggested) more food and booze to enjoy. Thank you :D
    I've been to a couple of engagement parties and they've both had favors.  That said, I wouldn't want a mason jar favor.  We have matching drinkware and it would have no use in our house.  I'd leave it behind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards